Tuesday's Deadline B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's Deadline B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 am

Harry Redknapp has made a sensational bid to land Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
Mirror Sport understands talks have taken place at the highest level with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy prepared to sanction a loan deal and payment of nearly half the 26-year-old’s £170,000-a-week salary.
Adebayor fears that once £26million striker Mario Balotelli is fit the Italy striker will play ahead of him.
The outspoken former Arsenal marksman has already made it clear that he will leave Eastlands if he is not a regular in the first team this season.
City keeper Shay Given is already thought to be close to a move to Fulham today after being placed in a similar position by the elevation of Joe Hart to first-choice keeper.
Adebayor is unhappy at having played in only three of City’s five games so far.
Although he started the club’s Europa League play-off game away to FC Poli, he came on for just eight minutes of City’s opening Premier League game against Spurs.
He was also a substitute for City’s defeat at Sunderland on Sunday, coming on in the final 15 minutes.
Adebayor, who wants to stay in the Premier League, hit a respectable 14 goals in 28 appearances for City last season - even though the campaign was marred by suspension and the terrorist shootings at the Africa Cup of Nations.
It is understood the Togo striker would have no compunction about playing for Spurs - despite spending three years at the club’s rivals Arsenal - as long as he is able to gain regular first-team football.
Spurs boss Redknapp has already shown, with his signing of defender William Gallas, that he has no problem bringing in players across the north London divide.
Redknapp has been linked with moves for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano, Villareal forward Giuseppi Rossi and AC Milan hitman Klaas Jan Huntelaar.
But he is a massive fan of Adebayor and Spurs have been pushing City hard for a deal.

Shay Given chooses to stay at Manchester City and fight for No1 place
Shay Given has decided to stay at Manchester City, turning down the chance to rejoin his former manager Mark Hughes at Fulham, after being persuaded to remove himself from the market on the eve of the transfer window deadline.
Given had initially reacted to losing his place to Joe Hart by informing City's manager, Roberto Mancini, that he wanted to leave the club. That immediately alerted Fulham, who have been looking for a goalkeeper so they can allow Mark Schwarzer to join Arsenal.
Since then, however, Given has had a series of meetings with Mancini and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood, and slowly come round to the idea that he should stay in Manchester and try to dislodge Hart. That, in turn, threatens Arsenal's hopes of signing Schwarzer, with Hughes having already gone on record to say he would allow the deal to happen only if he had a replacement lined up.
Given has based his decision on the fact he joined City in the hope that he could win the first trophy of his career and that, by leaving for a smaller club, he could effectively be passing over that chance. He had also worried that he might jeopardise his place in the Republic of Ireland team but the manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, has assured him that is not the case.
City are involved in four competitions and Given was assured the club are taking them all seriously and that, at the very least, there will be opportunities for him to play in the Carling Cup and Europa League Mancini, who described him as being among Europe's five best goalkeepers last season, has made it clear he does not want to lose him.

After spending £126m this summer City will not be heavily involved on the final day of the transfer window, although Robinho is expected to complete his move to Milan almost two years to the day since becoming the most expensive player in English football.
Mino Raiola, an Italian agent acting on a mandate from Milan, arrived in Manchester today to discuss the deal. Raoila has spent the summer negotiating Mario Balotelli's move to City and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's to Milan and will spend tomorrow trying to arrange a fee for Robinho, the asking price being in the region of £18m with potential add-ons.
Roque Santa Cruz, another big-money signing who has endured a difficult time in Manchester, is giving serious thought to staying at City despite a loan offer from Lazio. The £17m signing from Blackburn Rovers is said to have reservations about leaving England and may reject the chance of playing in Serie A.

James Milner can give England manager Fabio Capello a sharper attacking thrust
Talking to James Milner at Carrington last week, I inquired about the cuts and bruises criss-crossing his shins. Had the wounds been the reason behind his Eastlands finger-pointing session with Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain? "No,'' Milner smiled, looking down at the lacerations, "this was all Glen Johnson."
As England resume training on Tuesday, it is worth remembering how dynamically Milner performed down the left against Johnson in Manchester City's 3-0 win. Even the physical stuff couldn't stop Milner.
Johnson and Milner were briefly England's right-sided partnership in South Africa, their understanding being a rare bright moment amid the gloom, but clearly Theo Walcott will start there when the road to Euro 2012 begins against Bulgaria on Friday.
Milner can work the left. So can Ashley Young, lively in the Hungary friendly, and Adam Johnson (although City believe him more effective on the right).
In Milner, Walcott and Adam Johnson, Capello possesses the sort of wide options that make Shaun Wright-Phillips's call-up so ludicrous and the contrived flirtation with David Beckham so laughable.
It should also ensure Gerrard plays central. A nation prays.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Blackpool are in talks with Strasbourg midfielder Mamadou Bah and have asked about taking forward Kyle Lafferty on loan from Rangers. Daily Mail

Juventus are trying to sign Arsenal defender Armand Traore on a year's loan. The Sun

Traore is also in demand at Birmingham who are looking to to sign Barcelona midfielder Alexander Hleb in a £4m deal. Daily Mail

West Ham have underlined their desire to keep midfielder Scott Parker after rejecting a fresh £7m bid from Tottenham. Daily Mail

Forward Eidur Gudjohnsen is ready to sign for Mark Hughes' Fulham on a year-long loan from Monaco today - after turning down Stoke City. Daily Mirror

Former Celtic and Hull striker Jan Venegoor of Hesselink has joined Rapid Vienna as a free agent. (The Sun)

Sunderland hope to sign Rennes' Ghanaian striker Asamoah Gyan, the man who missed a last-minute penalty against Uruguay at the World Cup, on a four-year deal. the Sun

Celtic could make a loan move for Aston Villa defender Curtis Davies, two years after he joined Villa from West Brom for £10m. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Aston Villa are being linked with a shock move for Everton boss David Moyes after the odds of the Scot's joining Villa were shortened considerably on Monday. Daily Mirror

They have also sounded out unsettled Birmingham manager Alex McLeish, and former Blues boss Steve Bruce, about taking over at Villa Park. (Daily Telegraph)

Another shock target for Villa is newly-appointed Fulham boss Mark Hughes, who was their original first-choice when Martin O'Neill resigned on 9 August. (The Times)

But United States national team coach Bob Bradley is out of contention after the club said one of its requirements for the successful candidate was Premier League experience. the Guardian

Villa defender Luke Young says he has no idea why he was frozen out by O'Neill and feels the club is a fairer place now he has gone. the Sun

Former West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola is believed to be a surprise contender to take over the managerial vacancy at Southampton following the sacking of another former Hammers boss, Alan Pardew.Daily Express

American pop star Katy Perry has warned comedian fiance Russell Brand that she will not let him name any children they may have after West Ham players. the Sun

Argentina striker Francisco Varallo, the last surviving player from the inaugural 1930 World Cup in Uruguay, has died at the age of 100. (The Times)
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's Deadline B*ll*x

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:33 am

Cheers for this load of bollox.

The Mirror are a fucking shambles. They're just putting every possible transfer/managerial outcome together & hoping for the best. Their Darren Lewis appears on Talkshite & has to be the most clueless, useless, excuse for a reporter I've ever heard. He's been talking more shite than just about anyone else in tabloid world & that's really saying something. How the fuck he gets paid for it I don't know.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:48 am

That Adebayor story is embarrassing its that bad, proof if ever there was one that The Mirror and Darren Lewis print anything.

If City sell or loan Adebayor to Spurs today, then my arse is the King of Spain.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:54 am

Goaters 103 wrote:That Adebayor story is embarrassing its that bad, proof if ever there was one that The Mirror and Darren Lewis print anything.

If City sell or loan Adebayor to Spurs today, then my arse is the King of Spain.

Hail King Goaters............have to agree with you though , what joke of a story.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby saulman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:58 am

Goaters 103 wrote:That Adebayor story is embarrassing its that bad, proof if ever there was one that The Mirror and Darren Lewis print anything.

I'd swap him for Crouch tomorrow.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 am

saulman wrote:

So would I but that's not what those twits are suggesting.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 am

Bizarrre, no-one seriously believes that Ade is going to Spuds - so why write the story? Just stirring I guess.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 am

saulman wrote:

i wouldn't. doesn't mean i don;t like the beanpole, but...

people are so down on Ade on this forum. it's sad. he's fuclin quality...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 am

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City's Robinho Arrives In Italy For Milan Medical
Robinho has just landed at Malpensa and will head to a Milanese clinic for his medical with the Rossoneri.

Full Report To Follow...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 am

Chinners wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City's Robinho Arrives In Italy For Milan Medical
Robinho has just landed at Malpensa and will head to a Milanese clinic for his medical with the Rossoneri.

Full Report To Follow...

kinda sad about this really...i was hoping there was a road to redemption and a fantastic trophy-winning goal in Robson with City. Good luck to you Robinho...i hope Italia treats you well my friend.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Chinners wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City's Robinho Arrives In Italy For Milan Medical

Full Report To Follow...

kinda sad about this really...i was hoping there was a road to redemption and a fantastic trophy-winning goal in Robson with City. Good luck to you Robinho...i hope Italia treats you well my friend.

cheers

I don't share your sentiments at all. After how he treated our club he can fuck right off imo. Unfortunately Milan will probably only take him on a loan, which I'm also opposed to. I wanna sell him or let him rot in the reserves.

And no, I'm not bitter, I just like to complain.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Full Report To Follow...

cheers

It's only on loan so unfortunately unless he does well in Milan we might get the fucker back
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:23 am

Robinho update ...

Robinho has confirmed his wish to play for Milan as he arrived for his medical, but the deal is far from complete as it hinges on Marco Borriello and Juventus.
"I am very happy and I hope that all goes well and i can enjoy success with Milan. I hope I can show our attack will be strong," Robinho told Sky Sport Italia.
"I Haven't spoken to Alexandre Pato or Ronaldindinho. I am very happy and I hope that all goes well.
"I am happy. I want to play with Milan because they are an excellent squad. I want to win the Scudetto."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 am

If this is a loan deal there's not a chance in Hell these fuckers will pay the agreed transfer fee at the end. He'll be back next season then we'll have to sell him for fuck all or loan him out again, then he'll leave as a free agent. We're just getting the piss taken out of us by all concerned.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If this is a loan deal there's not a chance in Hell these fuckers will pay the agreed transfer fee at the end. He'll be back next season then we'll have to sell him for fuck all or loan him out again, then he'll leave as a free agent. We're just getting the piss taken out of us by all concerned.

i'd rather keep him here and force him to play some football every once in a while.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If this is a loan deal there's not a chance in Hell these fuckers will pay the agreed transfer fee at the end. He'll be back next season then we'll have to sell him for fuck all or loan him out again, then he'll leave as a free agent. We're just getting the piss taken out of us by all concerned.

i'd rather keep him here and force him to play some football every once in a while.

cheers

So would I. Don't mind if it's a full transfer, but another loan deal would be a joke imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:07 pm

Exactly...Ac Milan get exactly what they want...so does Flopinho...and we get fuck all...makes me fucking angry
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Fulham are in negotiations with Manchester City over a deal for Roque Santa Cruz.
A deal has been agreed in principle with Lazio but the Paraguay striker has intimated he wants to stay in the Premier League and link up with former boss Mark Hughes.
Old pals' act: Is Mark Hughes set to sign Santa Cruz for a third time?
Fulham are looking to do a loan with view to a permanent deal but City are reluctant to subsidise Santa Cruz’s wages and talks are ongoing to strike a compromise.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:15 pm

saulman wrote:

Wouldn't it be too late tomorrow ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Ha ha, Beefy makes a strong point
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site