Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya Toure

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm

I cannot wait til this lad is 100% fit and upto speed with the premier league.

Think of Vieria at Arsenal, Keane at the rags, Essien for Chelsea. Yaya is that man for us.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:02 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I cannot wait til this lad is 100% fit and upto speed with the premier league.

Think of Vieria at Arsenal, Keane at the rags, Essien for Chelsea. Yaya is that man for us.

I think he is a better player than them, if that's actually possible?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I cannot wait til this lad is 100% fit and upto speed with the premier league.

I think he is a better player than them, if that's actually possible?

I didn't want to say it but so do i, he's more cultured on the ball and has a better footballing brain than those i have mentioned.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:13 pm

I think I'm right in saying he's got a right shot on him too, which we have yet to experience.... MMmmmmm yeahhhhh.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby wyted » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 pm

He's got great feet and control for a big fella, and he's got great timing when tracking back - I can't help but feel excited when I see him play.

I think he's got more to come too, when he hits full fitness.
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Hard to believe he became surplus to requirements at Barcelona.Maybe i should rephrase that as i think they would have been more than happy to keep him but for the huge offer we hooked them with.
So to start again its hard to believe he was playing second fiddle to Busquets, hes a far superior player to him.With Mascherano signing they prob feel they have filled the void left by Yaya but Mascherano is solely a defensive midfielder where as Yaya is a complete midfielder he has a good blend of all the qualitys you wold expect from a midfielder.I think he will run our midfield for the next few years, Barcas loss is our gain.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Hard to believe he became surplus to requirements at Barcelona.Maybe i should rephrase that as i think they would have been more than happy to keep him but for the huge offer we hooked them with.
So to start again its hard to believe he was playing second fiddle to Busquets, hes a far superior player to him.With Mascherano signing they prob feel they have filled the void left by Yaya but Mascherano is solely a defensive midfielder where as Yaya is a complete midfielder he has a good blend of all the qualitys you wold expect from a midfielder.I think he will run our midfield for the next few years, Barcas loss is our gain.

Barcelona have Inieta, Xavi etc so their priority would be for a more defensive midfielder to balance rather than a more box to box.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 pm

He's nothing like any of those players. Being 6'2" and black doth not necessarily maketh the defensive midfielder. Game-wise, he's more Gascoigne that Makelele. I honestly think the papers struggle with the concept of a black playmaker.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:He's nothing like any of those players. Being 6'2" and black doth not necessarily maketh the defensive midfielder. Game-wise, he's more Gascoigne that Makelele. I honestly think the papers struggle with the concept of a black playmaker.

What are you talking about, he's bald and able to play centre half. Don't talk nonsense ;-)
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:05 am

Blue Toy wrote:I think I'm right in saying he's got a right shot on him too, which we have yet to experience.... MMmmmmm yeahhhhh.

He nearly snapped the upright in two the other day (I forget which match it was - think it was the Euro away leg)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:He's nothing like any of those players. Being 6'2" and black doth not necessarily maketh the defensive midfielder. Game-wise, he's more Gascoigne that Makelele. I honestly think the papers struggle with the concept of a black playmaker.

He's nothing like Gascoigne or Makelele. He is like the names i mentioned - Vieria, Keane and Essien and not because he is black or 6ft 2 but because his style of play is similar to Vieria, Keane and Essien.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:00 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:

He's nothing like Gascoigne or Makelele. He is like the names i mentioned - Vieria, Keane and Essien and not because he is black or 6ft 2 but because his style of play is similar to Vieria, Keane and Essien.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. Keane and Vieira, as rounded as their games might have been, were primarily ball winners who would only join an attack if it were 100% safe to do so. Yaya is the type of player who:

A) Gets on the ball on the halfway line and drives the team forward at pace,and

B) Links up play around the box with incisive passing.

I'm not saying that he's the exact same type of player as Gascoigne was, but I do think that Yaya's physical appearance has caused a lot of people to misinterpret his game. He plays much higher up the pitch than Keane, Essien, Vieira etc., and is the most advanced of the De Jong, Barry, Yaya CM trio.

I also don't think he's exceptionally strong either in the air or in the tackle.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:11 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't agree. Keane and Vieira, as rounded as their games might have been, were primarily ball winners who would only join an attack if it were 100% safe to do so. Yaya is the type of player who:

A) Gets on the ball on the halfway line and drives the team forward at pace,and

B) Links up play around the box with incisive passing.

I'm not saying that he's the exact same type of player as Gascoigne was, but I do think that Yaya's physical appearance has caused a lot of people to misinterpret his game. He plays much higher up the pitch than Keane, Essien, Vieira etc., and is the most advanced of the De Jong, Barry, Yaya CM trio.

I also don't think he's exceptionally strong either in the air or in the tackle.

For the player you describe doesn't match up to his stats of 22 goals in 285 games though. He has been the type of player at his former clubs that you have described Keane and Vieria of being above. It's just that here he has more of a oppourtunity to get forward with us only having 1 forward up top and two more defensive players around him in the middle. You could say the real Yaya Toure will come out in his time here and also it is funny the way you say that his game is being misinterpretated by people because of his physical presence because i beleive Keane's game was also misinterpretated with his aggression on the pitch because he was infact a very creative player.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Lee_R » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 am

Yaya will become one of the premier leagues all time greats IF City start winning things.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 am

ronk wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Hard to believe he became surplus to requirements at Barcelona.Maybe i should rephrase that as i think they would have been more than happy to keep him but for the huge offer we hooked them with.

Barcelona have Inieta, Xavi etc so their priority would be for a more defensive midfielder to balance rather than a more box to box.

Complete bullshit, he played along with Xavi and Iniesta for ages, he was surplus because Guardiola gave preference to Keita last season over Yaya. And whether he is capable of playing higher up the pitch he was the anchor behind the two central midfielders at Barca, more Makalele than Gascoigne.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 am

Slim wrote:
ronk wrote:

Complete bullshit, he played along with Xavi and Iniesta for ages, he was surplus because Guardiola gave preference to Keita last season over Yaya. And whether he is capable of playing higher up the pitch he was the anchor behind the two central midfielders at Barca, more Makalele than Gascoigne.

Complete bullshit, same basic thing as you said but rewritten.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:09 am

ronk wrote:
Slim wrote:
ronk wrote:

Complete bullshit, same basic thing as you said but rewritten.

Glad we agree.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Redna » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am

No way. I think Yaya is a teetotalist ;)
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Return to The Maine Football forum