Will Robinho be a City player on Wednesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Will Robinho be a City player on Wednesday

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

and on loan elsewhere?

or still at Eastlands?

discuss? (a poll would be nice too!)

Barcelona and AC Milan plot bargain deal on deadline day for Manchester City misfit Robinho

Barcelona and AC Milan are preparing last-ditch bids to sign Manchester City misfit Robinho - but both are looking for a bargain deal.

City were prepared to let the Brazil forward go to Fenerbahce for a fee which could have reached £26million, only for Robinho to reject the move and hold out for interest from Spain and Italy.

Both Milan and Barcelona have been in touch with the player’s representatives for several weeks, biding their time while working on other targets.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s loan move from Barca to AC Milan has left the Catalans light of a forward and Milan with money left to spend because they aren’t laying out as much as they expected on the Sweden striker.

Nou Camp insiders have lined up several options to strengthen the left-side of attack and the final say will lie with coach Pep Guardiola.

The Spanish champions started the season with an impressive 3-0 win against Racing Santander, but their first-team squad has just 19 senior players and there is a perceived weakness down the left side, exacerbated by Thierry Henry’s departure.

As well as Robinho, they are eyeing Valencia’s Juan Mata and Ajax star Luis Suarez, but the coach may decide to stick with what he’s got and put more faith in promising youngsters Pedro, Thiago Alcantara and Jonathan dos Santos.

Mata would be difficult to sign because of strained relations dating back to Barca’s signing of David Villa, while Suarez is cup-tied for the Champions League. That makes Robinho the preferred option, but Barca president Sandro Rosell is constrained by his own pledge that only £15m is left to spend on players this summer.

City would want more - at least in add-ons - for a player who was a British-record signing when captured from Real Madrid for £32.5m in September 2008.

The signing of Javier Mascherano from Liverpool was supposed to complete Barca’s summer recruitment, but Ibrahimovic’s departure after weeks of the club insisting he would stay has caused a rethink.

Asked about more signings before the transfer window closes on Tuesday, Guardiola said: ‘Everything is possible. I am satisfied with the squad, with their ability and with the back-up that we have. Today I am satisfied with the squad made available to me by the board.’

Decision time: Barcelona are short on serious experience on the left, but Pep Guardiola may decide to give youth a chance

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has admitted his side could still be in for Robinho, but the Italians are likely to test City’s resolve by demanding an initial loan with a view to a permanent deal next summer.

The insistence worked in signing Ibrahimovic from Barca and Berlusconi, when asked if the Swede was the last arrival, said: ‘If a player we are interested proves affordable, then we could also do it.’

When pressed about Robinho, he said: 'It doesn't depend on us, if it depended on us ... Milan's intentions are there.

'Where could he (Robinho) play? We have so many possibilities and then it's better to have three players for two roles.'

Milan are likely to lose Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to Schalke and Marco Borriello may go to Juventus, leaving the San Siro giants with room to improve up front. They will also free up funds by selling defender Kakha Kaladze to Genoa for £3.3m.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Will Robinho be a City player on Wednesday

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:53 pm

All going well we will find a suitor willing to pay a reasonable fee for him.Milan are crafty in the market so i would be worried about what kind of deal they will try and haggle, he will push for the move for sure and its only going to play in Milans favour.Have a bad feeling they will be looking for a loan deal.If its another loan deal i wont be impressed.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 pm

No. Robbie wants to go. I think Mancini wants him to go witness his comment that Robbie would be best suited to play in Italy or Spain so with both sides eager for an exit route I think one will be forthcoming.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Yes, robbie will be a city player on wednesday.

I get the feeling milan will try and pull a late fast one and grab robbie on the cheap, something we have no intention of allowing happen.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:38 pm

What's he been doing all this time? I remember Doug reporting when he came back for his first training but haven't heard much since. Part of me still hopes he turns things around and proves himself here.
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm

why, who do we play on wednesday
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:why, who do we play on wednesday

the transfer window closes at midnight on Tuesday ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:why, who do we play on wednesday

LOL
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm

I can see a couple of teams coming in for him last minute but will have shit deals on the table, so we'll say no.

I feel that Robbie had his chance to move but refused it, saying to me that he is prepared to stay and collect his reported £160, 000 a week (I don't think anyone will offer him anywhere near that). If that's the case, he will be in the 25 like Marwood has stated and will have to be professional about his attitude.

Personally, I have no problems with him staying and believe he will complement our squad no-end. And deep down, I reckon if the big-guns don't come in for him, he'll want to stay with us for at least another season so he can be part of the glory (Big Brother stylee) that will no doubt enable a move to one of them next season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm

I'd have been more hopeful if he'd played for us this season. Europa Cup was probably out because we wouldn't want to Cup tie him. But league might have been possible, even for the bench, though not necessarily fair on the others.

Come to think of it he might have been a good option yesterday at 65 minutes when we were struggling to unlock Sunderland, but who knows.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

ronk wrote:I'd have been more hopeful if he'd played for us this season. Europa Cup was probably out because we wouldn't want to Cup tie him. But league might have been possible, even for the bench, though not necessarily fair on the others.

Come to think of it he might have been a good option yesterday at 65 minutes when we were struggling to unlock Sunderland, but who knows.

Leaving my own opinion of him to one side ..... his place in or out of the team isn't in question imo. It's his own perception that he's bigger than the club that's the problem - and Mancini will want him gone for that reason.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Rather think we'll still own him but he'll have gone on loan to Barca, unless they come up with a decent enough offer to buy him
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 pm

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=33221

Mino Rajola is coming back this afternoon in Manchester trying to bring Rob to AC Milan!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Kladze wrote:
ronk wrote:I'd have been more hopeful if he'd played for us this season. Europa Cup was probably out because we wouldn't want to Cup tie him. But league might have been possible, even for the bench, though not necessarily fair on the others.

Leaving my own opinion of him to one side ..... his place in or out of the team isn't in question imo. It's his own perception that he's bigger than the club that's the problem - and Mancini will want him gone for that reason.

Spot on
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

The more i think about the possibilty of Robinho going to Milan the more i feel it can only be on a loan basis, its no secret Milan are strapped for cash these days.Would be a treat to see Cook string Milan along until tomorrow afternoon and suddenly "bottle it" at the last minute and pull the plug on the deal.Revenge would be sweet.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:39 pm

No.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dikdik » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Pass
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 pm

We should set up a deadline day deal with AC Milan & Robinho. Then pull out & tell them to go fuck themselves.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 am

I would love for Robi to stay but i wish him well if he goes.

Read some pieces tonight that he will go for £12m which is disgraceful. If Milan don't want to pay £25m then he should stay. We shouldn't be forced into accepting a good £13m than he is worth just to get rid of it. We are not that stupid are we?
the_georgian_genius

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:11 am

the_georgian_genius wrote: We shouldn't be forced into accepting a good £13m less than he is worth just to get rid of it. We are not that stupid are we?

it would set a silly and dangerous precedent for us (and clubs looking to purchase from us) if we did let them have him for that....or on loan for that matter.

Seems to me that AC Milan have played silly buggers with us on transfers at least twice....once big time with Kaka and then also with Matthieu Flamini.

We should play very hard ball with Milan AND with Robinho IMO

If the deal doesn't suit MCFC then no dice
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum