tevez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

tevez

Postby blue wine » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I thought today was his worst performence in a city shirt. im not talking about the miss (that can happen to anyone) but his allround game...very frustrating!! his passing was shit and tried to do everything alone instead of playing a simple pass!! couldnt get past anyone today...I hope he can pick him self up and doesnt lose form.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: tevez

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm

blue wine wrote:I thought today was his worst performence in a city shirt. im not talking about the miss (that can happen to anyone) but his allround game...very frustrating!! his passing was shit and tried to do everything alone instead of playing a simple pass!! couldnt get past anyone today...I hope he can pick him self up and doesnt lose form.

He will be fine, i dont think he is up to speed yet at all. WC and all that. He was slow last season after being injured just before the start of the season. Once he gets up to speed he will be back on top, he isnt the kind of person to let himself drift. y the time we play Chelsea i think he will already be on song.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Take the fuckin armband off him, the role has gone to his head. I was surprised he didn't go in net for the pen.

EDIT: Come on for the pen
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:16 pm

I thought he was fine apart from his Ronny Rosenthal moment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Socrates » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 pm

people forget he was bobbins for the first 2 months of last season too, takes him that many games to get fit - we just have to remember it's worth it in the end.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 pm

agreer with ted. his main flaw of playing with his head down was there but that's tevez. otherwise i thought he was ok.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:42 pm

He was greedy because he had missed the sitter in the first half, if that had gone in he'd have felt no guilt and would have played in Yaya on a couple of occasions. Because he had missed it he felt that he had to personally atone for his error.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 pm

He shouldn't be our captain, obviously Mancini knows best but i think It's weighing him down?
Look at Toure at centre half now?
He's a different player, i think Barry should be city captain?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Thought he was busy all over the field, getting attacks going, running at defenders. But if he's going to play like that (a captain's role?) then he needs someone else up front with him, an out and out striker. Balotelli, for instance. His miss was no worse than the one he put over the bar from two yards out at COMS two years ago when he had a red shirt on.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Socrates wrote:people forget he was bobbins for the first 2 months of last season too, takes him that many games to get fit - we just have to remember it's worth it in the end.

Good point, he has looked slower and a tad unfit. Still gives his all though, so fair play to the fat fucker ;-)
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Socrates wrote:people forget he was bobbins for the first 2 months of last season too, takes him that many games to get fit - we just have to remember it's worth it in the end.

Good point, he has looked slower and a tad unfit. Still gives his all though, so fair play to the fat fucker ;-)

Being bobbins last season for two months is no excuse. He was poor today and mancini must sort the captains job out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

Being bobbins last season for two months is no excuse. He was poor today and mancini must sort the captains job out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 pm

He is notorious for being abit off the pace early in the season, he did it at westham, he did it in his first season at united, he looked lazy and shit for them at first. He did it for us last season and again this season. If he finishes with 30 goals I dont really care.

Might be something to do with the lack of effort in training. Especially after a world cup.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:48 pm

There's still a couple of days of the transfer window left, why don't we see if Blackpool would be willing to buy him, as they're desparate? FFS, it's one poor game and people want him stripped of the captaincy. Get a grip, you sound like you became fans just short of two years ago
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:There's still a couple of days of the transfer window left, why don't we see if Blackpool would be willing to buy him, as they're desparate? FFS, it's one poor game and people want him stripped of the captaincy. Get a grip, you sound like you became fans just short of two years ago

If he played any deeper he would be lickin Matt Busbys skull.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 am

Does Mancini ask him to get in everyone in an attacking position's way away from home or is Carlos deciding this for himself??
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 am

blootoof wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:There's still a couple of days of the transfer window left, why don't we see if Blackpool would be willing to buy him, as they're desparate? FFS, it's one poor game and people want him stripped of the captaincy. Get a grip, you sound like you became fans just short of two years ago

If he played any deeper he would be lickin Matt Busbys skull.

He'd made a mistake with the open goal and he was trying to make up for up it working hard. His energy may have been better spent up front, but what do you prefer, someone who digs in or someone who stands up front sulking?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

Fidel Castro wrote:

He actually gives too much, will get in peoples way (as Grob correctly points out) and waste a lot of opportunities shooting rather than passing while he "finds his range" over the next few weeks.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:17 am

I don't think his passing has ever been top class,the rest of his game is outstanding but I think passing is one thing he needs to work on.
Rag_hater

Postby halnone » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:32 am

he work rate is outstanding. i fucking love tevez.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum