Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 am

ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:Fair enough mate....for what it's worth I do agree that he's been below par but I also, unfortunately, think that for a player of his "type" the only way he'll acclimatise to the PL and start performing at the right kind of level is with gametime.

Probably, but we have to be careful we don't cock ourselves up trying to help a player fit in when the whole idea was; he's been signed to help us!

An interesting conundrum for me is to see what happens if Robinho stays. I think Robinho could outshine Silva (if played in games that suit him obviously) but I also think he could get Silva playing, like he did Ireland, if somehow, we could put them together. Obviously it would have to be a home game!

agree with all of that......I am now (guiltily I admit) actually rather hoping that Robinho has to stay.

I think there will have to be some clever management of the little shyster but if we can get him bought into City again I agree that he and Silva could do some proper damage for us

I have to guiltily admit that I'm hoping he stays too. We have so many powerful players now that we should be able to carry one lazy bastard provided he produces the goods in the attacking 3rd & some of the formations Mancini is using could suit Robinho.

The last game I saw Brazil play (which was superb) Robinho actually played on the right with Neymar in Robinho's usual position & Ganso attacking from midfield. It worked like a dream. It's the best I've seen Brazil or Robinho play for ages. Balotelli is a much better version of Neymar & Silva /Yaya are better than Ganso imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:36 am

Kladze wrote:
Only one way Silva AND Robinho will play in the same team and that's if Mancini is sacked and Daffy the duck appointed as the new manager.

Daffy duck new manager of Manchester City

Goater103's arse as new King of Spain

a surreal morning here on mancityfans!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 am

ant london wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Only one way Silva AND Robinho will play in the same team and that's if Mancini is sacked and Daffy the duck appointed as the new manager.

Daffy duck new manager of Manchester City

Goater103's arse as new King of Spain

a surreal morning here on mancityfans!

i read that initially as "surreal moaning" which made me laff. the real version was unfunny.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:42 am

ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:Fair enough mate....for what it's worth I do agree that he's been below par but I also, unfortunately, think that for a player of his "type" the only way he'll acclimatise to the PL and start performing at the right kind of level is with gametime.

Probably, but we have to be careful we don't cock ourselves up trying to help a player fit in when the whole idea was; he's been signed to help us!

An interesting conundrum for me is to see what happens if Robinho stays. I think Robinho could outshine Silva (if played in games that suit him obviously) but I also think he could get Silva playing, like he did Ireland, if somehow, we could put them together. Obviously it would have to be a home game!

agree with all of that......I am now (guiltily I admit) actually rather hoping that Robinho has to stay.

I think there will have to be some clever management of the little shyster but if we can get him bought into City again I agree that he and Silva could do some proper damage for us

Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I have to guiltily admit that I'm hoping he stays too. We have so many powerful players now that we should be able to carry one lazy bastard provided he produces the goods in the attacking 3rd & some of the formations Mancini is using could suit Robinho.

The last game I saw Brazil play (which was superb) Robinho actually played on the right with Neymar in Robinho's usual position & Ganso attacking from midfield. It worked like a dream. It's the best I've seen Brazil or Robinho play for ages. Balotelli is a much better version of Neymar & Silva /Yaya are better than Ganso imo.

Is that not a bit fickle
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:52 am

Rag_hater wrote:
ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Is that not a bit fickle

No it's just that you're an utter pillock who just reads the bits of people's posts you choose to & ignore the rest.

I've said all along that I love watching Robinho play at his best but I think the bloke is a lazy two faced wanker. Nothing has changed. We can either give him to those backstabbing twats at AC Milan, let him take the piss out of us by loaning him to Santos or keep him & therefore get him playing. If we keep him, I hope we get the best out of him & I actually think we may do, so rather than let those wankers laugh at us, I hope we can get the talented but two faced disrespectful little cunt playing well for us. Is that clear enough?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 am

Is that not a bit fickle[/quote]

No it's just that you're an utter pillock who just reads the bits of people's posts you choose to & ignore the rest.

I've said all along that I love watching Robinho play at his best but I think the bloke is a lazy two faced wanker. Nothing has changed. We can either give him to those backstabbing twats at AC Milan, let him take the piss out of us by loaning him to Santos or keep him & therefore get him playing. If we keep him, I hope we get the best out of him & I actually think we may do, so rather than let those wankers laugh at us, I hope we can get the talented but two faced disrespectful little cunt playing well for us. Is that clear enough?[/quote]

What seems clear is that you think along with a few others that he is a two faced disrespectful cu*t,wanker,backstabber along with a few other things. However knowing all this or supposing to know all this you are prepared to overlook it because,deep down you know,you might be wrong
If you know somebody is a cu*t,backstabber,wanker etc why would you want them to play for us regardless of how good they were.Surely it would be bad for the club if we have a two faced back-stabbing wanker.
Rag_hater

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:17 am

I think it is blatantly obvious that Silva was going to be the one that took the most time to settle in

One think is for sure though...he is no Robinho

Silva is one of the most talented in our squad and when he finds his feet he will be absolute quality
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am

Not really....over my career, I have worked with people who were arseholes to deal with, terrible people to have in the team in lots of ways....BUT,....very very talented at what they did.

Even colleagues who didn't like them and would have preferred (on a personal level) to work in a team that did not include them saw the value in having them (especially having them on your side rather than at the competition), this was also seen and tolerated/indulged by those running the show.

Same position with Robinho, I think he is a bloody brilliant player, flawed individual and has shown many bad sides to his character (both on and off the pitch).

However, would I still prefer him on our team to elsewhere. Damn right I would. Doesn't change the fact that he has behaved like a twat/is a little pussy
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 am

Can't be arsed clearing that shit quoting up. To Rag Hater:

You see, this is why I said you're a complete pillock who just reads the bits of people's posts you choose to & ignore the rest.
People give their honest opinions & you constantly accuse them of having some kind of hidden agenda. You've also accused people such as myself who cheered the bloke week in week out & backed him when he allegedly said he wanted to go to Barca last year, of being the reson for him leaving. I think Craig Bellamy was a fantastic player who City have made a huge mistake selling. I'd rather chew off my own arm than go for a pint with the obnoxious, gobby, twat though. See how it works?

It is bad for the club that Robinho is a wanker. It's also bad to loan him to Milan or Santos. We have to do one or the other. I'd rather enjoy watching him play than give him to those tossers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think it is blatantly obvious that Silva was going to be the one that took the most time to settle in

One think is for sure though...he is no Robinho

Silva is one of the most talented in our squad and when he finds his feet he will be absolute quality

I hope so but traditionally, when you sign loads of players, there are usually several that go pear shaped. Hopfully he won't turn out to be the one who misses out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Can't be arsed clearing that shit quoting up. To Rag Hater:

You see, this is why I said you're a complete pillock who just reads the bits of people's posts you choose to & ignore the rest.
People give their honest opinions & you constantly accuse them of having some kind of hidden agenda. You've also accused people such as myself who cheered the bloke week in week out & backed him when he allegedly said he wanted to go to Barca last year, of being the reson for him leaving. I think Craig Bellamy was a fantastic player who City have made a huge mistake selling. I'd rather chew off my own arm than go for a pint with the obnoxious, gobby, twat though. See how it works?

It is bad for the club that Robinho is a wanker. It's also bad to loan him to Milan or Santos. We have to do one or the other. I'd rather enjoy watching him play than give him to those tossers.

Only pick out parts.No.I address the parts that the rest of the post infers.
If you say a certain player has certain traits and I pick up on that it is far from being selective.Its addressing a certain issue that you have highlighted yourself.
It's no good saying it's not what you meant.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 am

Rag_hater wrote:

If you say a certain player has certain traits and I pick up on that it is far from being selective.Its addressing a certain issue that you have highlighted yourself.

So now I'm lying about what I posted? Why would I do that?

Can you tell me why you are incabable of just discussing a subject without telling people they're saying something different to what they're actually saying? So many of your posts seem to be telling people what you think they've said rather than reading what they actually say. It suggests you're either thick as pigshit or just here to wind people up & means people have to explain things to you like they would a small child, a senile old person or some kind of mental case.Why can't you just accept that people have an opinion & agree or disagree with it?

I'm sure you must have a brain somewhere & every so often I try to reason with a cell of it but it's fucking hard work.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 am

Face it, Robinho_is_GOD
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 am

Scatman wrote:Face it, Robinho_is_GONE

Fixed it ;)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So now I'm lying about what I posted? Why would I do that?

Can you tell me why you are incabable of just discussing a subject without telling people they're saying something different to what they're actually saying? So many of your posts seem to be telling people what you think they've said rather than reading what they actually say. It suggests you're either thick as pigshit or just here to wind people up & means people have to explain things to you like they would a small child, a senile old person or some kind of mental case.Why can't you just accept that people have an opinion & agree or disagree with it?

I'm sure you must have a brain somewhere & every so often I try to reason with a cell of it but it's fucking hard work.

How it reads to me is what I'm commenting on.The way it translates to me.I'm not calling you a liar.
So when you say someone is a two faced cu*t it makes me think that you don't really like them it doesn't make me think you want to see them playing for us.My mistake I didn't think calling someone a cu*t was a term of endearment.
Very Christian of you turning the other cheek and all that.
Rag_hater

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum