Tevez up front on his own

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tevez up front on his own

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm unsure. It seemed to work for 45 minutes but then we lagged. Should've been changed earlier imo.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Completely agree. It winds me the fuck up to see him played up front on his own... and then he does not even stay there but constantly drops deep into the midfield leaving us with NOONE up front.

I don't know what the fuck Mancini is thinking but this ain't working.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:36 pm

CityGer wrote:
dazby wrote:Yaya"s not tall enough? He was up there plenty.

Dazby in completely missing the point shocker.

I read the other week that you had 'dummed down your style and stopped explaining your views in full.'...adjusting to the audience, I think you caled it? I'd bin that approach if I were you as you come across as fucking clueless on most issues lately...... I genuinely mean that.

Agree with the OP, we need a focal point up front away from home. Not only does it give us an extra attacking option but it takes the heat of our defence. Really surprised that Bobby is going down this route. The vast majority of Italian managers build their team around a target man.

Fuck you. That concise enough for you.

I think Bbs has already highlighted my argument that when Tevez goes deep one of the mids, notably Toure, goes forward to lead the line.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 am

Thats 2 away games in the prem and we are yet to play with a striker.

Fingers crossed next time out we will. Just to give the opposition something to think about if nothing else.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:11 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:The whole 1 up front is the mentality is boring. 4-4-2 with proper wingers on either flank. Love it.

Who goes best with Tevez though? Noone has really stood out, to put it nicely.

Ah, 4-4-2, as played by Spurs and ...? Oh, that's it. Bet Spain wish they'd played 4-4-2 at the World Cup, as I think they could have done something.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:09 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:The whole 1 up front is the mentality is boring. 4-4-2 with proper wingers on either flank. Love it.

Who goes best with Tevez though? Noone has really stood out, to put it nicely.

Ah, 4-4-2, as played by Spurs and ...? Oh, that's it. Bet Spain wish they'd played 4-4-2 at the World Cup, as I think they could have done something.

Spurs finished above us last season didn't they? Spain played 4-4-2 at the Euro's, where they looked a lot more convincing than at the WC imo. If Torres was anywhere near fit, I think they would've played 4-4-2 at the WC too. Also, Champions League winners Inter played 4-4-2.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 am

Whenever I saw Inter last season they played 9-1-1 :D
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Cesar
Maicon-Samuel-Lucio-Chivu
Stankovic-Cambiasso-Sneijder-Zanetti
Eto'o-Milito

was their preferred line-up, although yes they did play very defensively and boring. A bit like us, but with 2 strikers ;-)
Fidel Castro

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Said elsewhere that Tevez upfront on his lonesome will continue. The 'false no. 9' with inverted wingers is clearly one of Mancini's gameplans. Tevez played this for Taggart's mob with fake ron and shrek. Quieroz is (apparently) a big fan of the 'false no. 9'. Tevez is very good in the role as he bustles all over the place but does need Yaya, Milner et al coming through into the box which in fairness is happening.

The question is what other gameplans does Mancini have in mind and how much depends on getting Kolarov and Boateng back, Silva up to speed and Balotelli fit and will Ade be like Ibra at Barca?

Interesting times.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Cesar
Eto'o-Milito

was their preferred line-up, although yes they did play very defensively and boring. A bit like us, but with 2 strikers ;-)

o not sure about that mate, didnt eto play on right and pandev on left with milito up front sort of on his own, similar to how we played under hughes with sneijder in the ireland role so to speak?

Anyway a mix of all 442, 433 and 451 all equally aswell similar to the rags would be nice...i actually think when our full backs get fit we will see an added dimension that would of unlocked the likes of sunderland yesterday.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Cesar
Eto'o-Milito

o not sure about that mate, didnt eto play on right and pandev on left with milito up front sort of on his own, similar to how we played under hughes with sneijder in the ireland role so to speak?

Anyway a mix of all 442, 433 and 451 all equally aswell similar to the rags would be nice...i actually think when our full backs get fit we will see an added dimension that would of unlocked the likes of sunderland yesterday.

Think they played that way in the final yes, but whenever I saw them in the league Eto'o was partnering Milito in attack.
Fidel Castro

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Funny how this pops up after a defeat and not a single word after the 3-0 win against Liverpool.

Give it another couple of wins against Blackburn and Wigan and a draw at Chelsea before a defeat to Juve and it will crop up again.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum