The officially official Mackems v City thread with a *

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The officially official Mackems v City thread with a *

Postby branny » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Barry in the run up to the penalty. He dived in, got neither man or ball in the last minute of the game. I know he is 4th choice LB but he's got loads of experience. Not seen any decent replays to see what VK and Kolo were doing to leave Micah closest to Bent.

I think a draw would have been a fair result. Game of 2 halves. We bossed it first half, they 2nd. It was one of those games where we could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. Not panicing, just one of those days.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:52 pm

mackemmad wrote:Hello again.

Just thought I'd give a view of the game from a Sunderland perspective...

I think it's safe to say that no one was going into the SoL today expecting a Sunderland win amd when Tevez got the ball in our box in front of an open goal it looked like we were in for a long afternoon. No one could believe it when he put it over. I think we were all extremely pleased to go in at HT 0-0. We played quite well, and gave a good account of ourselves, although you probably had the best of the half (although I didn't think you dominated it like some reports seems to be suggesting). The first half was marred only by Frazier Campbells injury. Looks like he could be out for a few months.

The second half was a different story and I think if any team was going to win it, it was going to be us. Steve Bruce got his tactics spot on. You had one good chance which forced Mignolet into a fantastic save, but almost every other time the ball went into our box Titus Bramble cleared it pretty easily (He was Man of the Match for me). I don't know if Bent was offside for the penalty as I haven't seen a replay but overall I think we deserved the win.

We may have only had one good chance 2nd half which was brillantly saved tbf but it was one chance more than you lot had. The goal came from a bloke who was offside being awarded a penalty! I can accept that we didn't play very well 2nd half but to suggest your team deserved to be given that is a bit much imo. Did Joe Hart have to do anything in 90 mins apart from catch a ball that caught the wind? We were playing away from home you know? Still we deserved nothing? Not the game I saw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 pm

mackemmad wrote:Hello again.

Just thought I'd give a view of the game from a Sunderland perspective...

I think it's safe to say that no one was going into the SoL today expecting a Sunderland win amd when Tevez got the ball in our box in front of an open goal it looked like we were in for a long afternoon. No one could believe it when he put it over. I think we were all extremely pleased to go in at HT 0-0. We played quite well, and gave a good account of ourselves, although you probably had the best of the half (although I didn't think you dominated it like some reports seems to be suggesting). The first half was marred only by Frazier Campbells injury. Looks like he could be out for a few months.

The second half was a different story and I think if any team was going to win it, it was going to be us. Steve Bruce got his tactics spot on. You had one good chance which forced Mignolet into a fantastic save, but almost every other time the ball went into our box Titus Bramble cleared it pretty easily (He was Man of the Match for me). I don't know if Bent was offside for the penalty as I haven't seen a replay but overall I think we deserved the win.

Hahahahahahahahahhahaha... you didn't have a single chance in the second half either... how on earth do you come to the conclusion that you deserved to win?

Bent was offside whent the ball was played too so you shouldn't even have had a penalty.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 am

Having gone out and got thoroughly pissed I've decided that we're doomed. We now have probably the best football team in the world, but still manage to fuck it up.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Kladze » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:29 am

I'm still waiting for my stream to come back.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 am

Listen here dumbass.
Every player in a game gives the ball away..As a defender its Micahs job to clear the danger . Not climb all over people giving away pointless free kicks and penalties..Its not a one off either..The Everton game last season springs to mind.
Hes always pulling shirts and giving free kicks away to the oppo.
Theres only you on here blaming Silva and defending Richards.
Stop spitting your dummy out having a go at me cuz i disagree with your wank opinion.
Anyway its past your bedtime..Run along now fool

Dumbass? Fool? one word mate for you-paragraphs, when you stop posting in rambling sentences ill start to take you serious.

I didnt spit my dummy out cos you disagree, not at all, ive no problem with that, you could of said "not silvas fault at all 100% micahs" or something similar but you called me clueless and then told me to stop talking bollox. For the record i agree with you about richards *in general* i think he is our weakest link but bigger picture sometimes. Silva was akin to ireland in the derby as someone else has pointed out and ireland was vilifed for that.

Anyway as i said paragraphs mate, when you master them, i wont think your a retard(i dont usualy resort to insults but if someone insults me ill give it back). Im done with you now....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 am

Looks like his knee is offside... hence he is offside... can't really blame the Linesman for not seeing that though to be honest, it's really close.

Fact is we should have cruised to 2:0 or 3:0 in the first half.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 am

Micah was defo at fault for the peno as he was out of position and committed the foul.

However it could well have been avoided if Barry did not dive in like that and Silva hustled back after losing position and pressured the guy the with massive name.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby branny » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 am

I think Barry has to hold his hands up and take some responsibility. What was he doing diving in like that in the last minute? He's experienced enough to know better. As a result he got neither man or ball. From the picture above you can see that Kompany is having to leave his man to cover Barry and the knock on effect means that Richards is left to make up ground on Bent. That said, he should have been further round goalside of Bent.

Can't really blame the linesman for not flagging because Kolo is blocking his view. Benefit of the doubt to the attacker anyway.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 am

branny wrote:I think Barry has to hold his hands up and take some responsibility. What was he doing diving in like that in the last minute? He's experienced enough to know better. As a result he got neither man or ball. From the picture above you can see that Kompany is having to leave his man to cover Barry and the knock on effect means that Richards is left to make up ground on Bent. That said, he should have been further round goalside of Bent.

Can't really blame the linesman for not flagging because Kolo is blocking his view. Benefit of the doubt to the attacker anyway.

The lino wasn't in the best position being a yard off being in line but he likely would have said onside anyway as it was that close.Yes Richards was in a bad position, yes Barry shouldn't have lunged in and missed the ball in midfield,yes ideally Silva would have covered better behind him , yes it was a questionable decision to take Lescott off and expose Barry at full back.

Just shows how many issues there can be when a goal goes in if you want to point the finger at someone.If we had been 2 up I wouldn't have been bothered anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Listen here dumbass.
Every player in a game gives the ball away..As a defender its Micahs job to clear the danger . Not climb all over people giving away pointless free kicks and penalties..Its not a one off either..The Everton game last season springs to mind.
Stop spitting your dummy out having a go at me cuz i disagree with your wank opinion.

Dumbass? Fool? one word mate for you-paragraphs, when you stop posting in rambling sentences ill start to take you serious.

I didnt spit my dummy out cos you disagree, not at all, ive no problem with that, you could of said "not silvas fault at all 100% micahs" or something similar but you called me clueless and then told me to stop talking bollox. For the record i agree with you about richards *in general* i think he is our weakest link but bigger picture sometimes. Silva was akin to ireland in the derby as someone else has pointed out and ireland was vilifed for that.

Anyway as i said paragraphs mate, when you master them, i wont think your a retard(i dont usualy resort to insults but if someone insults me ill give it back). Im done with you now....

Oh dear.So now your stooping to new levels and calling me a retard. Read your last two posts before attacking my punctuation.Your worse than me pal.
Believe me "Mr keyboard warrior".You would not call me a retard to my face. Lets just foe each other and leave it at that.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:08 am

shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Listen here dumbass.

Oh dear.So now your stooping to new levels and calling me a retard. Read your last two posts before attacking my punctuation.Your worse than me pal.
Believe me "Mr keyboard warrior".You would not call me a retard to my face. Lets just foe each other and leave it at that.

if i could have picked two posters on the board to have at it i wouldn't have, in a 100 guesses, paired you two up. Strange.

leave it guys...or PM each other to death instead. Yr both better than this.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Burt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Listen here dumbass.

if i could have picked two posters on the board to have at it i wouldn't have, in a 100 guesses, paired you two up. Strange.

cheers

I reckons Shawzy would one arrow him within 2 seconds of the off!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shawzy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:47 pm

I apologize on my part for lowering the standard of the forum. Its finished with now.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Burt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 pm

shawzy wrote:I apologize on my part for lowering the standard of the forum. Its finished with now.

Puff;o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Listen here dumbass.

cheers

I've been a bit confused at that too - both sound lads...

Don't foe each other over a heat of the moment debate in the match thread FFS. What happens in the match thread stays in the match thread.

Doomy is a cunt.

See?
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Listen here dumbass.

cheers

I can think of quite a few less likely brawls. One being a walking stick fight between John68 and DH. Another one being Dazby and CtK battling it out. They are both far too nice.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm waiting for that pratt Cityger to respond to me telling him to fuck off. Maybe tomorrow.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:35 pm

dazby wrote:I'm waiting for that pratt Cityger to respond to me telling him to fuck off. Maybe tomorrow.

everyone knows yr a huge, meaning tall-ish, pussy.

can you mail me your slacks for my townley visit? i don't want to disappoint.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:38 pm

That's a top idea. The Townley international visitor trousers.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum