The officially official Mackems v City thread with a *

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The officially official Mackems v City thread with a *

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
blootoof wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:IMO, we lost it with the tactics. The second half seemed more like the first half at Spurs, with them realising we would sit back and let them come on to us. Mancini screaming from the side-lines is not going to help a team who have no outlet whatsoever, not allowing any form of optional play other than to pass it out of defence - even though we tried.

Lesson learnt, hopefully.

I agree. Can't see him changing though too soon. We should of just went for it today, save this Italian shite for the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc

Egg-sactly!

May I just say that from what I've seen tactically so far this season, I'm not overly impressed. And even though I'll take a win every day of the week, watching the games themselves is becoming a little tedious.

I loved the football we played 1st half but we lost our passing game 2nd half & as we don't have a centre forward to win 50/50 balls, if we don't pass it, we're fucked. They can play that 'getting on the end of stuff' game much better than us, as can all the wannabe top sides too, bar Arsenal.

the thing is, when we play like that, unless we are at the top of our game it makes it very easy for the opposition to work out our tactic and put pressure on us. If I can see it, I'm sure the oppo's manager can see it.

It was quite clear after 10 minutes of the 2nd half that Sunderland had changed their tactics and realised we were quite inept up front. Mancini should've figured it out earlier but decided to leave the lads under pressure at the back and still leave no outlet; basically playing 6 across the midfield.

Like I said, hopefully a lesson learnt against an under-rate lower tier side who were seriously lacking in confidence. Maybe Elephant Man got a call off Taggart at half-time, eh?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dikdik » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Another decade, same old same old...

Put the Spanish WORLD Cup winning side in City shirts and the result I am sure would be the same...

Typical City...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Same old City.

Not acceptable, end of.

For the aspirations we have defeats in games like that one, to teams like Sunderland, just can't happen. Conclusion, we are still poor away from home and have been for a long time now despite the personnel we have. A rethink in formation and approach is needed when we play away from COMS, as 3 hours of Pem League footy away this season has yet to produce a goal scored and if we are honest should have been 2 defeats save for Joe Hart's wondershow.

Nice way to go into a 2 week international break City, sending us all into it totally pi$$ed off and frustrated. Crisis club Villa 6 points, City have 4 - thats the reality.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Same old City.

Not acceptable, end of.

For the aspirations we have defeats in games like that one, to teams like Sunderland, just can't happen. Conclusion, we are still poor away from home and have been for a long time now despite the personnel we have. A rethink in formation and approach is needed when we play away from COMS, as 3 hours of Pem League footy away this season has yet to produce a goal scored and if we are honest should have been 2 defeats save for Joe Hart's wondershow.

Nice way to go into a 2 week international break City, sending us all into it totally pi$$ed off and frustrated. Crisis club Villa 6 points, City have 4 - thats the reality.

Afraid I have to agree - can´t see any positives from today
I feel things might get worse before they get better - I just knew we´d be a damp squib 2nd half after dominating the first 45
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Not seen it, prob won't bother with motd lowlights either

Bit gutted but cheered up when all the Munich friends of mine start taking the piss on facebook because they all make references to our finances

They really make easy targets of themselves

Mancini needs to burn all contracts and replace them with no win no wages contracts.

Just thinking out loud!
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:44 pm

shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:i actually blame silva didnt bother tracking back we were tight on both flanks till he came on.

Typical city, one step forward two steps back...

So you blame Silva for the pen?
Clueless

if you read what i said you will find i blame siva for not tracking back and them getting an easy cross into the box which led to us losing the match.

Cheers clueless
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
blootoof wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:IMO, we lost it with the tactics. The second half seemed more like the first half at Spurs, with them realising we would sit back and let them come on to us. Mancini screaming from the side-lines is not going to help a team who have no outlet whatsoever, not allowing any form of optional play other than to pass it out of defence - even though we tried.

Lesson learnt, hopefully.

I agree. Can't see him changing though too soon. We should of just went for it today, save this Italian shite for the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc

Egg-sactly!

May I just say that from what I've seen tactically so far this season, I'm not overly impressed. And even though I'll take a win every day of the week, watching the games themselves is becoming a little tedious.

I loved the football we played 1st half but we lost our passing game 2nd half & as we don't have a centre forward to win 50/50 balls, if we don't pass it, we're fucked. They can play that 'getting on the end of stuff' game much better than us, as can all the wannabe top sides too, bar Arsenal.

the thing is, when we play like that, unless we are at the top of our game it makes it very easy for the opposition to work out our tactic and put pressure on us. If I can see it, I'm sure the oppo's manager can see it.

It was quite clear after 10 minutes of the 2nd half that Sunderland had changed their tactics and realised we were quite inept up front. Mancini should've figured it out earlier but decided to leave the lads under pressure at the back and still leave no outlet; basically playing 6 across the midfield.

Like I said, hopefully a lesson learnt against an under-rate lower tier side who were seriously lacking in confidence. Maybe Elephant Man got a call off Taggart at half-time, eh?

We had opportunities to create scoring chances but picked the wrong ball or fail to shoot 1st time or in Micah's case tripped over his own feet when clean through. I can't agree that we weren't positive 1st half. The football was superb imo & just as good as Arsenal or the rags produce , we just needed someone to score & when we did get the chance, we missed.The difference 2nd half was that Yaya's legs went imo, he didn't get around as quickly & was lumbering about like a centre half. We didn't do anything about it & then took off the wrong players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Redna » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Shit happens. Thats the way I feel. Some good posesion but lacked a little in the Mackem box.
BTW Bent was a yard offside when brought down.
No panic. We can't change manager every season
Remember that 3 new signings is out injured.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Redna wrote:Shit happens. Thats the way I feel. Some good posesion but lacked a little in the Mackem box.
BTW Bent was a yard offside when brought down.
No panic. We can't change manager every season
Remember that 3 new signings is out injured.
CTID!!

Yeah forgot about that amongst the misery! I thought he was offside too but didn't see many replays from a suitable angle.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shawzy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:i actually blame silva didnt bother tracking back we were tight on both flanks till he came on.

Clueless

if you read what i said you will find i blame siva for not tracking back and them getting an easy cross into the box which led to us losing the match.

Cheers clueless

Bottom line is.It was Micah's clumsy defending for the pen..No one else to blame...Go and sleep off your beer and stop talkin bollox.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 pm

shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Clueless

if you read what i said you will find i blame silva for not tracking back and them getting an easy cross into the box which led to us losing the match.

Cheers clueless

Bottom line is.It was Micah's clumsy defending for the pen..No one else to blame...Go and sleep off your beer and stop talkin bollox.

beer?what you shiting on about? not allowed an opinion? talking bollox?mate your one of the worse around here for talking bollox, pot and kettle springs to mind.

try think outside the box sometimes(i know that might be difficult for you) its not always about the bottom line, its the bigger picture, micah should never have been put in the position to make the foul for various amounts of reason one been(and not the ultimate one i may have been a tad harsh but valid point) david silva, what is so difficult to understand?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:27 pm

It was not a penalty!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby pepsi_dave » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:41 pm

zuricity wrote:It was not a penalty!

Correct, Bent was offside when the ball was played. The offside was the first offence, the foul followed. Therefore, by the laws of the game, the referee should have given offside. Just like the Arse game when Walcott was penalised for an offside despite the blackburn player's handball prior to the ball reaching walcott. But because he was offside when the ball was played, the offside was given instead of the handball because the offside came first!!!

And for all the Richards haters, what else was he supposed to do, just stop and let bent tap it in, at least he had a go at stopping him, and any contact whatsoever on bent and he'd have gone down anyway!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

FUCK IT, IT'S JUST ANOTHER LAUGH OR GO CRY IN THE CORNER AND SHOUT AT YOUR HAMSTER FOR BEING A NOISY TWAT DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CITY FAN.

PLUS IT WAS JO's FAULT, JO OUT.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:01 pm

My munich pointy thingy has gone berserk
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
shawzy wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Clueless

if you read what i said you will find i blame silva for not tracking back and them getting an easy cross into the box which led to us losing the match.

Cheers clueless

beer?what you shiting on about? not allowed an opinion? talking bollox?mate your one of the worse around here for talking bollox, pot and kettle springs to mind.

try think outside the box sometimes(i know that might be difficult for you) its not always about the bottom line, its the bigger picture, micah should never have been put in the position to make the foul for various amounts of reason one been(and not the ultimate one i may have been a tad harsh but valid point) david silva, what is so difficult to understand?

Listen here dumbass.
Every player in a game gives the ball away..As a defender its Micahs job to clear the danger . Not climb all over people giving away pointless free kicks and penalties..Its not a one off either..The Everton game last season springs to mind.
Hes always pulling shirts and giving free kicks away to the oppo.
Theres only you on here blaming Silva and defending Richards.
Stop spitting your dummy out having a go at me cuz i disagree with your wank opinion.
Anyway its past your bedtime..Run along now fool.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Ted spot on. Why oh why bring two lightweights on at that point in the game when we were getting mullered. We needed to get some tackles in and get hold of the ball. Vieira and Zab were the obvious changes. Ya Ya had disappeared and Nigel had lost his position.Ya Ya and Jonno should have gone.Still, sometimes shit happens. I mean, how often will Tevez miss like that?As for Silva, I'm probably missing something but the little I had seen of him previously I thought him neat and tidy but peripheral.Maybe he will become a playmaker but at the moment we need to find room for Ballotelliu which pushes Silva further down the order. Milner was poor today.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Goin off topic here but if any of you work in a office(fuck knows how anyone can work in a office btw unless loaded) and you get crap on Tuesday just shit in his bin and cover it with A4. Failing that, knock him out.

Tomorrow we will learn how to stab your boss with a coned up piece of paper.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mackemmad » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Hello again.

Just thought I'd give a view of the game from a Sunderland perspective...

I think it's safe to say that no one was going into the SoL today expecting a Sunderland win amd when Tevez got the ball in our box in front of an open goal it looked like we were in for a long afternoon. No one could believe it when he put it over. I think we were all extremely pleased to go in at HT 0-0. We played quite well, and gave a good account of ourselves, although you probably had the best of the half (although I didn't think you dominated it like some reports seems to be suggesting). The first half was marred only by Frazier Campbells injury. Looks like he could be out for a few months.

The second half was a different story and I think if any team was going to win it, it was going to be us. Steve Bruce got his tactics spot on. You had one good chance which forced Mignolet into a fantastic save, but almost every other time the ball went into our box Titus Bramble cleared it pretty easily (He was Man of the Match for me). I don't know if Bent was offside for the penalty as I haven't seen a replay but overall I think we deserved the win.
mackemmad
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Craig B » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:37 pm

mackemmad wrote:Hello again.

Just thought I'd give a view of the game from a Sunderland perspective...

I think it's safe to say that no one was going into the SoL today expecting a Sunderland win amd when Tevez got the ball in our box in front of an open goal it looked like we were in for a long afternoon. No one could believe it when he put it over. I think we were all extremely pleased to go in at HT 0-0. We played quite well, and gave a good account of ourselves, although you probably had the best of the half (although I didn't think you dominated it like some reports seems to be suggesting). The first half was marred only by Frazier Campbells injury. Looks like he could be out for a few months.

The second half was a different story and I think if any team was going to win it, it was going to be us. Steve Bruce got his tactics spot on. You had one good chance which forced Mignolet into a fantastic save, but almost every other time the ball went into our box Titus Bramble cleared it pretty easily (He was Man of the Match for me). I don't know if Bent was offside for the penalty as I haven't seen a replay but overall I think we deserved the win.

Fuck me I've heard it all now!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum