Sunderland pre match drinks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunderland pre match drinks

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Wheres the place to go?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Sunderland pre match drinks

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Last time we went round Newcastle and I think the same this time although we are setting off a bit late 0942 of pic. Still time for a couple in toon then on the metro to stadium of shite then back out to the union rooms to wait for the 2010 train home.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:39 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Wheres the place to go?

If you had said pre match pies then all you have to do is follow the fat fucker in a black and white football top going into a building.....any building.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:06 pm

This is from footballground.com

There are bars inside the ground, however they get really crowded. I would recommend the William Jameson (Wetherspoons pub) in the centre of town for a drink before or after the game, as it has a great atmosphere. Whilst Jason Adderley a visiting West Brom fan adds; ''The Albion pub, on Victor Street, off Roker Avenue, is a five minute walk from the ground, with some parking nearby. I've used this pub the last three times I've visited Sunderland with West Brom. Always friendly and the landlord even puts on complimentary snacks after the game. Otherwise there is a chippy a couple of doors away. An all round top boozer'. Stephen Lundell informs me; There are also another couple of bars worth mentioning, both a five minute walk away form the stadium, on the road approaching the Wearmouth bridge on the North (Stadium Side) of the river. There are two social clubs - The Sunderland Companions club, and the New Democratic Club, which both get very busy, and will offer a warm welcome to away supporters, and serve cheap beer'.

If you have a bit of time of your hands, then you may like to try the Harbour View on the sea front, which is around a 15-20 minute walk away. Simply go along Roker Avenue (opposite the main entrance to the stadium) until you reach the seafront. Turn left along the front and you will see the pub up on the left. The pub which has previously been listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, serves good beer, reasonably priced food (with its own matchday menu) and has a large screen television. As the name of the pub suggests you get some good views along the coast from its location.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ronk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Wheres the place to go?

If you had said pre match pies then all you have to do is follow the fat fucker in a black and white football top going into a building.....any building.

Even a police station?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum