2 years on.Thanks Mansour.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

2 years on.Thanks Mansour.

Postby shawzy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Well its 2yrs on since since Mansour took the club over to greener pastures..Would like to say thanks to him and all the players and back room staff past and present for making our club what it is today.

Article from Ian Ladyman.The Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Sheik.html
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: 2 years on.Thanks Mansour.

Postby halnone » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 am

I fucking love you shiekh
i much prefer the team on the right
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:49 am

Dear Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, you have become the king of sports owners (as far as I am concerned.)
And I don't think I am kissing any asses here, just tell the truth. But without you, City would still be in the back of the PL.
Last edited by CitizenYank on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby ronk » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:13 am

It's easy to rewrite history. We were in the UEFA Cup and we'd beaten both West Ham and Sunderland 3-0 before the takeover. Yes, we were in financial trouble but we had a solid squad and it's debatable if Robinho was even that useful for us given the squad he was playing with (he never did form that partnership with Michael Ball).

Even that 4-2 defeat to Villa was one where we had played well but were undone by Agbonlahor scoring a 7 minute hattrick. We only won 3 league matches after the takeover up to Christmas (but they were good wins).

The takeover didn't find us in a relegation battle.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 am

ronk wrote:It's easy to rewrite history. We were in the UEFA Cup and we'd beaten both West Ham and Sunderland 3-0 before the takeover. Yes, we were in financial trouble but we had a solid squad and it's debatable if Robinho was even that useful for us given the squad he was playing with (he never did form that partnership with Michael Ball).

Even that 4-2 defeat to Villa was one where we had played well but were undone by Agbonlahor scoring a 7 minute hattrick. We only won 3 league matches after the takeover up to Christmas (but they were good wins).

It also didn't find us fighting for a Champions League place or really threatening any silverware though did it, and it definitely did find us in dire financial straits and with our manager on the verge of quitting apparently
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Socrates » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 am

ronk wrote:It's easy to rewrite history. We were in the UEFA Cup and we'd beaten both West Ham and Sunderland 3-0 before the takeover. Yes, we were in financial trouble but we had a solid squad and it's debatable if Robinho was even that useful for us given the squad he was playing with (he never did form that partnership with Michael Ball).

True that Hughes inherited a squad that didn't look relegation candidates, in fact they'd spent much of the previous season sat in the Champions League places, yet with a bit of strengthening (the Mansour sanctioned purchases of Kompany and SWP as well as the obvious purchase of Robinho) he still managed to have us sat in 18th place on Christmas Day!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Return to The Maine Football forum