UEFA Supercup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

UEFA Supercup

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, Inter lost to Atletico 2-0, Reyes and Aguero the scorers, I didn't see the whole match but from what I heard (and the part I saw) it was a deserved loss, they even missed a penalty with Milito (great save by the young keeper De Gea there though).

Will they miss Mourinho more than they could have ever imagined? I mean, they won the Italian Supercup against Roma last Saturday but only because Roma missed a lot of chances in the first half and then gifted them two goals with childlike individual errors, they lost tonight...I see Benitez has a lot of work to do yet, and their tough CL group doesn't help.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Re: UEFA Supercup

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Surely Inter are still clear favourites chief?

Roma are in with a shout of course but I think Inter are far, far stronger. Juve have spent aggressively but there are still real issues i the backrooms of the club which I think will effect them on the pitch until sorted. Milan? Still too aged with only KP Boateng coming in.

I fancy Genoa to have a decent season with the signings they made, they don't have Europe to worry about either.

I wouldn't read too much into tonight's result, btw.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I have a feeling that Rafa will be a one season manager
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Surely Inter are still clear favourites chief?

Roma are in with a shout of course but I think Inter are far, far stronger. Juve have spent aggressively but there are still real issues i the backrooms of the club which I think will effect them on the pitch until sorted. Milan? Still too aged with only KP Boateng coming in.

I fancy Genoa to have a decent season with the signings they made, they don't have Europe to worry about either.

I wouldn't read too much into tonight's result, btw.

Of course they are the favs, but I have a feeling with Mourinho they would have won tonight, and wouldn't have had to rely on two huge individual errors (which don't happen every game) to win on Saturday. Of course they will now probably shut me up winning everything else this season, lol.
CityFanFromRome

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 pm

I think they'll take Serie A this season, and for a few more too. Of course as you well know this does not guarantee that Rafa will remain at his post. A flop in the CL, which I think will happen, and Benitez will go.

Quick question mate, do you know (or even care about), the current state of Italian placements with regards to UEFA coefficients? Is it a big thing over there? With the result this week it seems pretty clear to me that the Germans will soon get the four CL spots and Serie A will only have the three. Probably next season, maybe the following. In the past few years (since the break of Calciopoli, though this might just be coincidence) I do think that the Bundesliga has steadily risen to become the third best league in Europe ahead of Serie A. Which is a big shame imo.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Just watching the highlights now.

Pandev is such a cunt.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby walmai » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Just watching the highlights now.

WTF is that music on goal scoring about? Were they playing it at Bolton?
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Don't pretend you're not well acquainted with the works of The Fratellis Walmi boy. I bet they're playing that jaunty tune in Nag's Heads all over the east end and 'avin' a right good knees up with it too.

You're not fooling us!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby walmai » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 pm

I recognise the tune, no danger, its just a bit weird to have it played out in a major final like that. Do they play muzak at COMS?

Next week, Avram Grant leads out the boys to the perennial Smiths classic; Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Fortunately no, we don't have after goal music. Personally I think it's enough justification for an autonomic 40 point reduction.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Quick question mate, do you know (or even care about), the current state of Italian placements with regards to UEFA coefficients? Is it a big thing over there? With the result this week it seems pretty clear to me that the Germans will soon get the four CL spots and Serie A will only have the three. Probably next season, maybe the following. In the past few years (since the break of Calciopoli, though this might just be coincidence) I do think that the Bundesliga has steadily risen to become the third best league in Europe ahead of Serie A. Which is a big shame imo.

Well, I know that had Inter not won the CL against Bayern, Germany would have got four spots and Italy would have been left with 3. Considering that Werder threw Sampdoria out of the CL, they might be ahead of us right now but it also depends, as Inter has Werder in its group and Roma has Bayern. I don't know if only the stage reached counts for the UEFA coefficients or also the results of the games, for example, does it only counts if Bayern and Roma pass to the next round (or Inter and Werder) or does it also counts if, in the group stages, Inter beats Werder (or the contrary)?

Sadly in the last few years the Italian clubs have been pretty dire in the Euro competitions, excluding Inter last season.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Pandev is such a cunt.

Ahah, don't tell me, he played for Lazio and now for Inter, that's enough for me to consider him a cunt without even seeing him play :D
CityFanFromRome

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 am

I think Inter may be feeling the Raffa effect rather than missing Jose, the guy completely lost his way at Liverpool
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 am

irblinx wrote:I think Inter may be feeling the Raffa effect rather than missing Jose, the guy completely lost his way at Liverpool

Good to see he hasn't lost his magic after moving clubs. Just needs to get the deal for Dirk Kuyt done & find a way of ruining Wesley Sneijder's effectiveness to complete the job.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:09 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I have a feeling that Rafa will be a one season manager

Anyone have decent odds for this. £10bet would be dead certain I believe.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:33 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Quick question mate, do you know (or even care about), the current state of Italian placements with regards to UEFA coefficients? Is it a big thing over there? With the result this week it seems pretty clear to me that the Germans will soon get the four CL spots and Serie A will only have the three. Probably next season, maybe the following. In the past few years (since the break of Calciopoli, though this might just be coincidence) I do think that the Bundesliga has steadily risen to become the third best league in Europe ahead of Serie A. Which is a big shame imo.

Well, I know that had Inter not won the CL against Bayern, Germany would have got four spots and Italy would have been left with 3. Considering that Werder threw Sampdoria out of the CL, they might be ahead of us right now but it also depends, as Inter has Werder in its group and Roma has Bayern. I don't know if only the stage reached counts for the UEFA coefficients or also the results of the games, for example, does it only counts if Bayern and Roma pass to the next round (or Inter and Werder) or does it also counts if, in the group stages, Inter beats Werder (or the contrary)?

Sadly in the last few years the Italian clubs have been pretty dire in the Euro competitions, excluding Inter last season.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Pandev is such a cunt.

Ahah, don't tell me, he played for Lazio and now for Inter, that's enough for me to consider him a cunt without even seeing him play :D

I still can't believe how well you write in English. Its fantastic and I'm truely jealous. I'd love to be multi-lingual. Abu Dhabi is the same too. you even swear perfectly!!!!
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:36 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I still can't believe how well you write in English. Its fantastic and I'm truely jealous. I'd love to be multi-lingual. Abu Dhabi is the same too. you even swear perfectly!!!!

Thanks mate :D I've been studying English for at least ten years now between school and other courses I took, plus I read a lot in English (forums, books, some car magazines), I think that helps quite a lot. I'll be taking my Cambridge Proficiency Exam in December, hopefully I'll pass as it's pretty hard from what I've been told. :)
CityFanFromRome

Postby mr_nool » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:09 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I still can't believe how well you write in English. Its fantastic and I'm truely jealous. I'd love to be multi-lingual. Abu Dhabi is the same too. you even swear perfectly!!!!

Thanks mate :D I've been studying English for at least ten years now between school and other courses I took, plus I read a lot in English (forums, books, some car magazines), I think that helps quite a lot. I'll be taking my Cambridge Proficiency Exam in December, hopefully I'll pass as it's pretty hard from what I've been told. :)

I reckon my English is alright, but I don't have a patch on CFFR and Abu Dhabi. My vote to best foreigner goes to Avoidconfusion, though. His English is as impeccable as our fans are - and that for a German! fangsanalsatan also writes really well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Honestly, you forget that English is your 2nd language. Well done chaps.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum