Replacement for Ade?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Replacement for Ade?

Postby Colin the King » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:17 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think Bent would be a good shout...similar player to Ade and I don't think he would be that arsed about playing week in week out

What gives you that impression? He left Spurs because they never played him.

Fidel Castro wrote:What about Rodallega?

Really good shout, I've rated him for a while. Was brilliant for Wigan last season and without his goals they'd have gone down. Has a great first touch, can play wide, decent in the air, skillful, quick. Probably get him for £10million or under.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby dikdik » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Torres for me.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Crossie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm

I just type a right long load of bollox about this,

Then decided I was talking shit and the basic facts are Adebayor is a wanker.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:04 am

Colin the King wrote:

Really good shout, I've rated him for a while. Was brilliant for Wigan last season and without his goals they'd have gone down. Has a great first touch, can play wide, decent in the air, skillful, quick. Probably get him for £10million or under.

i'll get on this one too. Wigwams best player by miles and far more to his game than ade has.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

i'll get on this one too. Wigwams best player by miles and far more to his game than ade has.

i don't believe for a second that he has more to his game than Ade has. Yr just pissed at Ade. Adebayor has more to offer than Rolypolydega. Also, Rodallega looks like a teenage girl possessed by the devil. Sorta. Kinda.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ronk » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:40 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Colin the King wrote:

If we rang Wigan and offered a swap, they'd bit our hand up to the armpit (assuming Ade would agree to a move).

Adebayor has twice as many goals in under half as many games. If he was in any way good enough we wouldn't get him for double the above figure. RSC was £17.5m, Wigan would want a lot when he's the only experienced forward in the squad.

I'm not saying he's shit, but he wouldn't strengthen the team.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:29 am

I'm getting really annoyed by this situation.

Ade is in a brilliant team and has everything he wants. If we played him in every game - all 60 of them this season, would that make him happy? Or would he moan about being tired, would he lose motivation in the smaller shitty games ? yes he would.

So what the fuck would make him happy?

If we need 4 quality rotating strikers we have them right now, there are only 3 or 4 other strikers in the world that id rather us have than Ade. We know from last seasons roller coaster that he CAN score the goals from any situation, in any situation.

I could put up with all this shit if he scored 1 in 3 or better this season. but he's made 3 appearances and not really had a sniff
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:58 am

The cunt only played about 25 games for us last season, mainly because of his own doing.

Now he wants every game? Silly boy.

That said, I'm not sure Mancini values him and there could well be a twist in the tail yet. Only thing is he is now cup tied for the Europa League and as far as I know Champs League as well?
Original Dub

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 am

I get the feeling that Bobby would put up with a lesser player who works for the team than a more talented player who is unreliable and undermines the team ethos that he is trying to build,

That said, i also get the feeling that the club are prepared to make an example of Ade. "You are our player, we don't have to sell you, we aren't going to sell you so buckle down, work and fight for your place." It would send a message to any other happy wanderers in the squad.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:06 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:I get the feeling that Bobby would put up with a lesser player who works for the team than a more talented player who is unreliable and undermines the team ethos that he is trying to build,

That said, i also get the feeling that the club are prepared to make an example of Ade. "You are our player, we don't have to sell you, we aren't going to sell you so buckle down, work and fight for your place." It would send a message to any other happy wanderers in the squad.

Personally, prefer they made an opposite example of him. "You're at a club that's on a fast track to the top. If you can't handle the ride you can fuck off."
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby xavi6 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:12 am

I'm a huge fan of Ade and would have him over pretty much anyone mentioned in this thread.

He's right to want to play every game. He's 26 so only has a few years left at the top, and I'd rather than someone happy kicking their heels in the reserves or on the bench.

His goalscoring record for us is actually quite good and he is a different type of striker to our others. No interest in selling him personally.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:48 am

xavi6 wrote:His goalscoring record for us is actually quite good and he is a different type of striker to our others. No interest in selling him personally.

me either

and I have no reason to believe it's even remotely possible that we would sell him
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:56 pm

ant london wrote:
xavi6 wrote:His goalscoring record for us is actually quite good and he is a different type of striker to our others. No interest in selling him personally.

me either

and I have no reason to believe it's even remotely possible that we would sell him

thank fuck the two of you have the right story down as well. Ade is a fantastic player, and he'll have to get used to not being an automatic selection. He'll probably still end up playing nearly 30 matches this season i bet. And we will defo need him.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:45 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
ant london wrote:

me either

thank fuck the two of you have the right story down as well. Ade is a fantastic player, and he'll have to get used to not being an automatic selection. He'll probably still end up playing nearly 30 matches this season i bet. And we will defo need him.

Not as good as Hugo Rodallega though
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Never said that Rodallega is better. But if Ade leaves and Tevez/Balotelli are first choice we need a quality player who won't mind being 3rd choice too much. We don't want another big name diva for a huge fee for that role and think Rodallega could do a job for us. He has looked very good for Wigan and he will only get better surrounded by the quality we have at City these days.
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Grob wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
ant london wrote:

me either

Not as good as Hugo Rodallega though

that's just not an opinion i share or can even understand tbh. Sorry.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum