Ade

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm

CityGer wrote:
chosing to ignore one side of the argument in order to 'peddle' your own view.

On the flipside...your dislike of Bellers due to playing across the road in Glasgow means you also have an agenda

People in glass houses...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:21 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityGer wrote:

On the flipside...your dislike of Bellers due to playing across the road in Glasgow means you also have an agenda

Ahh that explains it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Absolute bollocks, I loved Bellars and gave him as much support as any player.

Leave proper debates to those equipped to have them and stick to offering people a fight outside the Townley, you Turd!!!
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Anyway..Marwood has apparently told Ade & Robinho they have contracts so it's beginning to look like Mancini has some psychology to do to get some use out of them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Ahh that explains it.

No it doesn't Ted, it's a pile of shite from a simpleton and a cop out from you because you've been talking in riddles during this debate.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Fully understand Ade's desire to be playing footie, he doesn't want to jeopardise his international chances...oh, hang on a moment?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:32 pm

CityGer wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Ahh that explains it.

No it doesn't Ted, it's a pile of shite from a simpleton and a cop out from you because you've been talking in riddles during this debate.

If it's genuinely not true I apologise but if you look back you'll see that only one of us is having a debate about Bellamy & it's not me. You seem to want to drag me into one but I refuse to. I've said my piece now & no amount of talk will change it, so there's no point. If you have an opinion on Adebayor I'll gladly discuss it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:41 pm

I think Adebayor still has a major role to play for us. He can score lots of goals for us.

We're going to be relying on him as a front man a fair bit this season if he stays. The principle rumoured interested party has been Mournho at Real Madrid, presumably as a Drogba equivalent.

He wasn't exactly sharp lastnight but that miss came from chasing and hassling defenders. He handled the ball trying a difficult takedown and shot. It was a hard game for him as he's a forward who comes deep or runs into the corner and can cover a lot of ground trying to find space; not so much fun against a team that spent so long with 10 players behind the ball.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Ahh that explains it.

If it's genuinely not true I apologise but if you look back you'll see that only one of us is having a debate about Bellamy & it's not me. You seem to want to drag me into one but I refuse to. I've said my piece now & no amount of talk will change it, so there's no point. If you have an opinion on Adebayor I'll gladly discuss it.

I posted my views about Ade and until you decided to blame Mancini for letting Bellars go, this was a thread about Ade. I've made my view on Ade very clear in this thread and in the 'Ade replacement' thread.

If you believe IBH, who's view of Bellamy was the most irrational view of a footballer a man has ever had, that the fact that Bellars used to play for Celtic has somehow influenced my view on him then I'd rather we leave the debate for another time and another thread.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

If it had been someone other than Bellamy with the same talent we'd let go, I would have made the same point; that it's a mistake imo to go with this bunch. My point IS about Adebayor & the others & that I think it's a gamble to rely on them as Tevez is the only one I trust. We should have, & should still, sign an experienced striker to replace Bellamy or we've dropped a huge potential bollock imo & are relying on a 20 year old kid to be a worldbeater in his 1st season in the Prem. No pressure there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Comment on the MEN Website :-

Bye , watch you don`t stray offside on your way out the door !
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Kladze wrote:Comment on the MEN Website :-

Bye , watch you don`t stray offside on your way out the door !

Hehe.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I said this yesterday but I think Adebayor will go to Real or one of the Milans and Ibra will come to us.

It's a deal I want to happen personally as well.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Zezou » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:14 pm

possible replacement who wouldnt demand to play every game? cant see that being dzeko, how about Andy Carrol?
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:22 pm

All this Bellamy stuff is very confusing. I was under the impression that Bellers spoke to Dave Jones back in May and that he himself chose to go there?

As for Ade, keep please.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dikdik » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't think Ade has the best interests of the team at heart. Not now. Not never. I think this manifests itself most strongly when City score and he isn't the one scoring. He doesn't go all out like the rest of the players to celebrate. He used to do but not of late...
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Nick » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Anyone hear that mancio let the players have a couple of drinks on the US tour and Ade got smashed and came into training the next day pissed off? Mancios holding a grudge due to that. Plus he probably doesnt rate his lazy arse...
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby paulmclaren » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Crossie wrote:I actually think we should keep him and let him play in the early round cup games and shit European games, just so we can give him some shit about wanting to leave.

What the fuck is wrong with him? Like someone said, 4 games, 2 appearances and a sub appearance too, no goals, not much going on except setting up Mario against the window cleaners.

I want him to be booed for whoring himself away from our club, make him feel ashamed. He could have kicked his career onto another level with us, but he isnt prepared to try.

Rot in hell

He thinks he's world class mate.
And he's far from it.
Well be lucky getting 15 million back.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 pm

It would have been nice if Adebayor, at this moment, kept his innermost thoughts to himself, or maybe he didnt realise how his words would be twisted. Maybe he did. Arsenal fans warned this is what he was like, but for me, last night showed me a player who switches on/off/on/off and in the (hopefully) big big high pressure games City will have this season can they carry him? It seems far too late in the day to go signing replacements and selling his ass. Sometimes this blanket football coverage can be a pain. As a previous poster said "get used to this", whether he meant from Adebayor himself or in general I dont know but either way its an unwanted distraction.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:01 pm

As far as I can see, he hasn't said he wants to leave, he said he wants to play & if he can't play he wants to leave; different thing. Booing him (or Robinho for that matter) will only help our opponents & anyone who does it can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. My biggest worry about Adebayor is that his head's not right & we need him to perform. Some twats booing him is going to fuck him up for sure. It will also piss off the other players so don't start down that road for Christ's sake.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum