We Are All the Rage Now

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We Are All the Rage Now

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
13021J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It's official. I got absolutely craptastic seat in fucking third tier for Blackburn game. Never ever before have I had to settle for anything but either good or really good seats in CoMS (or Maine Road for that matter) when I have been purchasing this early.

Bit gutted actually but I suppose it means that interest is fucking huge now. Or that ticket online sales is shite. Shouldn't rule out that option either.

I have a Citycard and booked tickets on the first available day for this game, and got a couple of Level 2 seats together which I was surprised at. Level 3 ain't so bad, sure it's not great atmosphere but the view of the overall game is great, and (hopefully) there will be plenty of goals.

Hopefully strong interest in these type of games will persuade Khaldoon & Co. to push on with stadium expansion. Rumour was that the North Stand was to be built up another Level, but is the new City Square in the way of this now?

The City Square thingy centres around the store so if it was in the way, the store would be also. Imagine the'd have to take down the stage while they work on it but not neccessarily much else.

I heard the rumour about the North Stand Expansion aswell, but heard that as part of the expansion the shop would be moved into the North Stand when/if said expansion takes place. So that would nullify the problem, plus as we all know, City Square is temporary anywho!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:00 pm

i got my ticket for blackburn a week ago, and options weren't that fantastic then either. I debated even buying a season ticket just to have it so i could enjoy the 3-4 matches im likely to catch this season, but those options weren't that fantastic either in terms of seats so i just grab a singleton.

still, being there at all will far surpass hanging here in the States, standing in my living room or the pub at 9.30 AM on a Saturday or Sunday or a Monday afternoon or a Thursday afternoon, etc, etc, etc...or watching some dodgy internet str....well, you get the picture.

Me + Antti + Townley....the hype will be *massive*, bound to be a letdown. ;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 pm

Doom...give the misery a slap from me.....then buy him a vodka

I've still not forgiven him for calling me a jumped up little cunt (or words to that effect)....he'll be getting a chinese burn from me when I finally get access to our favourite Finn
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

ant london wrote:Doom...give the misery a slap from me.....then buy him a vodka

I've still not forgiven him for calling me a jumped up little cunt (or words to that effect)....he'll be getting a chinese burn from me when I finally get access to our favourite Finn

i hate to out you like this, but you wouldn't hurt a fly you softie. I love you for that. Lover, not a fighter. We could all learn from you...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 pm

We used to have STs right in the middle of the Upper Kippax, about 6 rows from the back. The view of the game was great. When we get to Eastlands we usually go for top middle of the upper tier, where NQDP is now for this match more or less. Great view and bugger the complaints about atmosphere. In truth the Upper Kippax wasn't great in atmosphere either.

Surely any expansion/new stadium will be funded in 2011/12 onward for Platini reasons?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Wont be there,you lucky lot can hang out with Max,Big Bri and the rest of the crew.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i got my ticket for blackburn a week ago, and options weren't that fantastic then either. I debated even buying a season ticket just to have it so i could enjoy the 3-4 matches im likely to catch this season, but those options weren't that fantastic either in terms of seats so i just grab a singleton.

still, being there at all will far surpass hanging here in the States, standing in my living room or the pub at 9.30 AM on a Saturday or Sunday or a Monday afternoon or a Thursday afternoon, etc, etc, etc...or watching some dodgy internet str....well, you get the picture.

Me + Antti + Townley....the hype will be *massive*, bound to be a letdown. ;)

cheers

It will be mega let down mate. Ask anyone who has met me and they tell you that I stare my shoes and stutter few words in lousy English. Then I'll have to leg it when Bingo's massif arrive.

Will be good meeting you mate. When are you arriving? Might be good hitting Vinyl Exchange before going to the ground/Townley? Although I'm with missus on the trip (she's not going to the game) which is bit of a drag.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Wont be there,you lucky lot can hang out with Max,Big Bri and the rest of the crew.

Good. I don't like to associate myself with alcoholics.

p.s. I'll be doing few games this season so hopefully we can catch up in winter.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

As a resident of block 324 (even though it says 325 on my SC7!) I am really not happy with the third tier being mocked. We are the more cultured fans in the ground. It is teh epicentre of knowledge and understandiong within the ground. Who would you rather have a pint with...someone from 109/110?

I rest my case...
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Blue in North London wrote:As a resident of block 324 (even though it says 325 on my SC7!) I am really not happy with the third tier being mocked. We are the more cultured fans in the ground. It is teh epicentre of knowledge and understandiong within the ground. Who would you rather have a pint with...someone from 109/110?

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

that was where me and sister of fu were to be found

knowledge, understanding, charisma and lairyness all in one neat camel/lesbo package

I rest my case
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

ant london wrote:
Blue in North London wrote:As a resident of block 324 (even though it says 325 on my SC7!) I am really not happy with the third tier being mocked. We are the more cultured fans in the ground. It is teh epicentre of knowledge and understandiong within the ground. Who would you rather have a pint with...someone from 109/110?

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

knowledge, understanding, charisma and lairyness all in one neat camel/lesbo package

I rest my case

Wow that is some team! you can correct the spelling and sFu can correct your logic ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:08 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
ant london wrote:

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

I rest my case

Wow that is some team! you can correct the spelling and sFu can correct your logic ;)

HA HA! I love to see how Ant will come back after such a blow!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 pm

ant london wrote:

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

I rest my case

Had a feeling you were riif raff
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CuteMancs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
13021J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It's official. I got absolutely craptastic seat in fucking third tier for Blackburn game. Never ever before have I had to settle for anything but either good or really good seats in CoMS (or Maine Road for that matter) when I have been purchasing this early.

Bit gutted actually but I suppose it means that interest is fucking huge now. Or that ticket online sales is shite. Shouldn't rule out that option either.

I have a Citycard and booked tickets on the first available day for this game, and got a couple of Level 2 seats together which I was surprised at. Level 3 ain't so bad, sure it's not great atmosphere but the view of the overall game is great, and (hopefully) there will be plenty of goals.

Hopefully strong interest in these type of games will persuade Khaldoon & Co. to push on with stadium expansion. Rumour was that the North Stand was to be built up another Level, but is the new City Square in the way of this now?

The City Square thingy centres around the store so if it was in the way, the store would be also. Imagine the'd have to take down the stage while they work on it but not neccessarily much else.

When I was home in July I took the tour, and someone asked the guide about plans for expansion. Her response was that they need to see demand in excess of 10,000 seats for a full season before they will consider expanding. It seemed like this was just a random number to me, and might have been a stock answer to the question ( on the tour ).

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:53 pm

ant london wrote:

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

I rest my case

Now that I know you reside in those parts, I can never look at you in the same light.

I had you down as being quite amusing, well dressed and a lover. Now I think of you as a fan of Duck&Cover, who foams at the mouth when the opposition sing and swears at old people.

Let down and disappointed.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Bit gutted actually but I suppose it means that interest is fucking huge now. Or that ticket online sales is shite. Shouldn't rule out that option either.

Definitely do not rule out that option. Last season to all of the home games I wanted to go I had to call the box office as the online sales did not show tickets in 1st tier. But when you rang them you could just pick your stand and the only match I had to watch from 3rd tier was the Villa game and the reason was mine, I didn't book early enough.

Have a good un' tho!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Blue in North London wrote:
ant london wrote:

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

I rest my case

Now that I know you reside in those parts, I can never look at you in the same light.

I had you down as being quite amusing, well dressed and a lover. Now I think of you as a fan of Duck&Cover, who foams at the mouth when the opposition sing and swears at old people.

Oooooooh that was loooooooooow!!!

hahahaha
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Had a feeling you were riif raff

now now....and this from the costa del crime

really it beggars belief ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:07 pm

ant london wrote:
Blue in North London wrote:
ant london wrote:

I rest my case...

hey you cheeky fuckstick

I rest my case

I guess you sing "We'll buy your club and burn it down"

Sorry.....that was very low ;)

Oooooooh that was loooooooooow!!!

hahahaha
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:10 pm

there is only witty repartie from the pair of us.....and a good bit of clean sing song fun!

I swear quite a bit though....that's why I can't sit elsewhere.....I get too wrapped up in the whole thing. I'm not child friendly
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum