'With due respect to Turkish football I'm not going there'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 'With due respect to Turkish football I'm not going there'

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
anthonytomo wrote:What I can't understand is why he wants out of city so badly?

Very simple answer, after his first season the opposition got wise to his tricks of stepping over and cutting back inside off the wing at every opportunity. They started doubling up on him and giving him no space. Couple this with the rough treatment he was starting to get and not being strong enough physically to hold them off Robinho simply fell out of love of playing football in this country because it is damn hard work. He only likes playing the game when he has enough time and space to do exactly what he wants. He'll end up back in Brazil where he can afford to be lazy yet still look top class.

I think it's the other way round. Remember everyone is now coming to understand that Mancini is as cold and hard as they come which, frankly, is our only chance of getting where we want to go. Anyone who gets subbed as a sub has little prospect of playing again I feel. Look at the team on Monday, how all 10 outfield players chased and harried. Place for Robson? No chance.

Against that, MRM's point about the oppo putting 2 players on him is correct, but now our squad is so talented they couldn't really do that.

So we could keep him as a sub, bring him on in every home game where we're already 3-0 up, and let him pile up our goal difference!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Even though I detest the way he's behaved, I was secretly hoping that perhaps he'd see a fantastic opportunity, now we have even more top players, & want to be a part of it. Most players would love that opportunity.

If he leaves, it's because he just isn't willing to put in the work the Premier league demands. Even being a lazy twat in the Prem demands a token amount of workrate here & there, or the player stands out & looks ridiculous, so perhaps even that small token effort is more than he's willing to give.

I was kind of hoping for the same until last nights game
but could anyone seriously see us playing the way we did last night with that snidy, lazy twat in the team?

As ridiculous as it may sound, we've outgrown him. He could still do a job at home against the smaller teams and in the cup competitions but he's not gonna be happy with that and an unhappy Robinho around the squad could fuck up team spirit.

Sack him off. Preferably somewhere cold.

I could. Even though we played some great football, we did not creat many goal scoring chances. 2 goals came from set pieces.
I can see Robbie playing a free role behind the lone striker, I would put him in place on Nige in home games. That's the role he has now for Brazil and I think he can make a positive impact.
However the big question here is not whether he wants to stay. Its weather Mancini wants him to stay. I have'nt heard anything from the manager about that. If he plays him tomorrow then that can be a statement of intent !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 am

We can't loan the little cunt out again, he's just running his contract down and he'll get a free transfer. I'd rather he ran his contract down at the club that paid over £30m for him instead of giving him to another club for fuck all. Either sell or keep. no loans this season thanks.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:We can't loan the little cunt out again, he's just running his contract down and he'll get a free transfer. I'd rather he ran his contract down at the club that paid over £30m for him instead of giving him to another club for fuck all. Either sell or keep. no loans this season thanks.

I was thinking about all these loans though. OK i doubt we can get the cash we want for these players.

But if this is the last season we can spend big because the UEFA rules kick in from next year's books, isn't it to our advantage to loan as many as possible this year, then do the cash sales in the 2011-12 accounts? If you look at all the players we have out, there could be a decent sum involved all told. Increase our income, so to speak.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 am

john@staustell wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:We can't loan the little cunt out again, he's just running his contract down and he'll get a free transfer. I'd rather he ran his contract down at the club that paid over £30m for him instead of giving him to another club for fuck all. Either sell or keep. no loans this season thanks.

I was thinking about all these loans though. OK i doubt we can get the cash we want for these players.

But if this is the last season we can spend big because the UEFA rules kick in from next year's books, isn't it to our advantage to loan as many as possible this year, then do the cash sales in the 2011-12 accounts? If you look at all the players we have out, there could be a decent sum involved all told. Increase our income, so to speak.

Unless no one will be able to afford to buy at all next season and the market will collapse totally ... I would not be surprised if the clubs hold on tight to their wallets, leading to a price fall.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:41 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Related, how is his friend Blumer doing there? seems like he's fallen off the face of the earth, tho i dont follow that league so i wouldn't really know for sure.

Played 25 league games scoring 3 goals. Played 9 european games and scored 3 goals. Not ripping up any trees and now Dunga's gone will not likely start for Brazil.

Still amazes me that a pro footballer with great ability can't play more than 65 mins before he's completely spent.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 am

People are looking at Monday night's team & it's work ethic but if we play Balotelli & Silva we're not going to be quite the same ferocious tackling/grafting team as with Milner & Johnson in the front 3, it will be different but perhaps better in other ways.
Silva though (& hopefully Balotelli too), will still at least try to get behind the ball & help get it back when we lose it, even if they don't work like Milner/Johnson do. That's all Robinho would need to do. It's a pity he can't be arsed & wants to play somewhere slower & less energetic.

AC Milan would be ideal, they accommodated Ronaldinho's lack of effort into their system so are used to it.

No loan deals. Not acceptable.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Related, how is his friend Blumer doing there? seems like he's fallen off the face of the earth, tho i dont follow that league so i wouldn't really know for sure.

Played 25 league games scoring 3 goals. Played 9 european games and scored 3 goals. Not ripping up any trees and now Dunga's gone will not likely start for Brazil.

Still amazes me that a pro footballer with great ability can't play more than 65 mins before he's completely spent.

Elano's athletic prowess is terrible. He can just control and use a football.

Still, he was great to watch when given space.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fish111 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

anthonytomo wrote:What I can't understand is why he wants out of city so badly?

I can: He's a mard-arse little fuckwit. He cannot handle the physical side of the English league.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 am

ant london wrote:Image

Mancini says he is waiting to see if Robinho wants to stay or go SSN
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:00 pm

yeah....the presser is on the OS mate....have you not seen it?

he basically says that he'll be off most likely but the door is still open to stay

Jo looks definitely to be staying and to be included in the squad. Crocky is off. No offers for Shay and Mancio talking to him today. Balotelli still kneeknacked but will be good for Sunderland, Adebayor likely to play tomorrow against Tiramisu
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:06 pm

ant london wrote:yeah....the presser is on the OS mate....have you not seen it?

he basically says that he'll be off most likely but the door is still open to stay

Jo looks definitely to be staying and to be included in the squad. Crocky is off. No offers for Shay and Mancio talking to him today. Balotelli still kneeknacked but will be good for Sunderland, Adebayor likely to play tomorrow against Tiramisu

Think ill go give it a watch, cheers mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby saulman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Loan him to Cardiff with a 24 hour recall, I say.

Stick him back with Bellamy and he'll be begging to put a shift in at CoMS by the end of the week.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Cadena Ser reckons Robson is waiting on Barca, but they will only sign him if Ibrahimovic leaves - sigh.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum