'With due respect to Turkish football I'm not going there'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

'With due respect to Turkish football I'm not going there'

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Robinho has rejected a move to both Besiktas and Fenerbache - could we witness a "Jo"-esque turn around ? Mind you he seems to think he'll go to spain or italy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/24/robinho-besiktas-fenerbahce?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: 'With due respect to Turkish football I'm not going there'

Postby anthonytomo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm

What I can't understand is why he wants out of city so badly? Fair enough he might have had a bit of a bad spell at the end of the season and obvious problems with hughes but surely he can see things have changed, and for the better. New manager, some truly world class players to play with promised and probably the best chance of sustained silverware around at the moment. Or is it really that fookin cold in manchester.
anthonytomo
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 pm

I honestly think its going to fall flat on his face. i think he will be playing with citys reserves, can anyone see him in the starting lineup for us?
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 pm

anthonytomo wrote:What I can't understand is why he wants out of city so badly?

Very simple answer, after his first season the opposition got wise to his tricks of stepping over and cutting back inside off the wing at every opportunity. They started doubling up on him and giving him no space. Couple this with the rough treatment he was starting to get and not being strong enough physically to hold them off Robinho simply fell out of love of playing football in this country because it is damn hard work. He only likes playing the game when he has enough time and space to do exactly what he wants. He'll end up back in Brazil where he can afford to be lazy yet still look top class.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm

With due respect to Robinho, you're not fucking playing here either.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby anthonytomo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
anthonytomo wrote:What I can't understand is why he wants out of city so badly?

Very simple answer, after his first season the opposition got wise to his tricks of stepping over and cutting back inside off the wing at every opportunity. They started doubling up on him and giving him no space. Couple this with the rough treatment he was starting to get and not being strong enough physically to hold them off Robinho simply fell out of love of playing football in this country because it is damn hard work. He only likes playing the game when he has enough time and space to do exactly what he wants. He'll end up back in Brazil where he can afford to be lazy yet still look top class.

I agree with all that, but, this is kinda what I meant by his bad spell. But surely he can see that teams won't be able to double up on him as much/if at all with all the other quality that would be around him now. I dunno, just a waste of talent if he does end up goin to a team like Besitkas(no disresepect) . If he can get his head straight and see what he could achieve here, I think he could be the best player in the world like he was told by hughes. However, if he carries on talkin like this he can ro in the reserves or go play for hapoel tel aviv.
anthonytomo
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm

If we played he wouldnt defend and would be a target for the team we play and kolarov/bridge would get hammered down the right wing.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Best marketing deal we ever made, as his arrival raised the clubs profile.

However we need shut so a loan move to a Spanish or Italian team seems likely now.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Even though I detest the way he's behaved, I was secretly hoping that perhaps he'd see a fantastic opportunity, now we have even more top players, & want to be a part of it. Most players would love that opportunity.

If he leaves, it's because he just isn't willing to put in the work the Premier league demands. Even being a lazy twat in the Prem demands a token amount of workrate here & there, or the player stands out & looks ridiculous, so perhaps even that small token effort is more than he's willing to give.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Even though I detest the way he's behaved, I was secretly hoping that perhaps he'd see a fantastic opportunity, now we have even more top players, & want to be a part of it. Most players would love that opportunity.

If he leaves, it's because he just isn't willing to put in the work the Premier league demands. Even being a lazy twat in the Prem demands a token amount of workrate here & there, or the player stands out & looks ridiculous, so perhaps even that small token effort is more than he's willing to give.

I just feel that after 10 pints, he is worth a go. If he is gonna be in the squad, even as a last reserve, what a player to have. I just reckon he will turn up and will make a difference this season. I would still prefer him to be sold, but you never know.....................
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Even though I detest the way he's behaved, I was secretly hoping that perhaps he'd see a fantastic opportunity, now we have even more top players, & want to be a part of it. Most players would love that opportunity.

I was kind of hoping for the same until last nights game but could anyone seriously see us playing the way we did last night with that snidy, lazy twat in the team?

As ridiculous as it may sound, we've outgrown him. He could still do a job at home against the smaller teams and in the cup competitions but he's not gonna be happy with that and an unhappy Robinho around the squad could fuck up team spirit.

Sack him off. Preferably somewhere cold.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Lee_R » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:32 pm

I reckon we stick him in a large kinder egg and roll him down a hill.
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 am

Lee_R wrote:I reckon we stick him in a large kinder egg and roll him down a hill.

I love that idea, somebody contact the club and see if they can organise it.
He could always throw on the Moonchester costume if he wont go to Turkey.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:21 am

this is prollee for the best. I can't imagine him surviving a season with those fans if he has any spell of Robinhoesque proportions where he decides it's just too hard and he needs a break. they'll put his little tiny pinhead on a pike and march it around the stadium won't they?

Related, how is his friend Blumer doing there? seems like he's fallen off the face of the earth, tho i dont follow that league so i wouldn't really know for sure.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 am

Meh, Fuck you Robinho, and while at it, Fuck you Wolves for ruining my accumulator. 4 grands from 50 quids, 4 grands you bastards!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:31 am

He's an idiot.

I think he is still labouring under the misapprehension that he can reject deals which are good financially for City but "bad" bad for him and wait for one that suits him but is bad for the club and we will be bound to accept it in the next week.

After his antics succeeded in getting him out of Real Madrid I think he has faith in being able to exercise his "player power".....what I think he has grossly miscalculated, however, is that he is holding a pea shooter and the sheikh has a howitzer.

I'd like to see him commit to City and see how he goes at least until Xmas.....otherwise I want him rotting in the reserves.

If we're going to have to take a bath financially on Robinho I want him to suffer too....as much to a lesson/warning to others as a punishment to him for being an arsehole
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:36 am

ant london wrote:
If we're going to have to take a bath financially on Robinho I want him to suffer too....as much to a lesson/warning to others as a punishment to him for being an arsehole

I remember a 31 year old Eyal Berkovic who even then was slower as a week in jail going in a huff and not trying a leg when we didnt give him a 4 year deal (he was retired at 33) he had been a great player for us up to that point. I wanted him to sit and rot in the reserves but we werent in the financial position to do so. Now things are different.

I would love to see us make Robinho see out his contract with us.
ross.mcfc

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:43 am

I was hoping this too - but he seems to be unable to be just another squad member - needs to fuel his 'special one' ego he has of himself - and probably shit scared of the way he would be tackled in Turkey - and knows that a year later he will just be a 'faded memory'
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CitizenYank » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:53 am

Can't say I blame him. I'd rather move to Detroit than go to Turkey.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 am

Who?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum