Dirk Kuyt

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dirk Kuyt

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Had off night but quality hardworking player.

we're in violent agreement here. i've got my orange-flavoured glasses on, but i like him. Their Bellamy. Without the goals. Cough. Cough. Cough. or the petulant fits and golf club drama.

cheers

Or the pace. Or the versatility. Unless you count being equally inept at both RM and CF as versatility. Typical sort of garbage filling their squad at present.

i believe that you are wrong. he isn't a garbage footballer. in fact, he is just the opposite. A versatile, hard-working footballer. I would love him at City. I'm serious.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 am

Can't stand Dirt Kunt. He's the reason I stopped following Holland in international tournaments, and that was before he ever played in England. I'd have hated it if he'd signed for us.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

Slow day, is it ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby CityGer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

I rememer him being a quality No 9 and an outstanding finisher when he first came over here. I think the move out to the right has ruined him as his best attributes are just not suited to him playing wide. We'd be talking about a far more effective footaller if he was still playing up front and hadn't been converted.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 am

CityGer wrote:I rememer him being a quality No 9 and an outstanding finisher when he first came over here. I think the move out to the right has ruined him as his best attributes are just not suited to him playing wide. We'd be talking about a far more effective footaller if he was still playing up front and hadn't been converted.

Is he officially Scouse now then?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 am

Socrates wrote:
CityGer wrote:I rememer him being a quality No 9 and an outstanding finisher when he first came over here. I think the move out to the right has ruined him as his best attributes are just not suited to him playing wide. We'd be talking about a far more effective footaller if he was still playing up front and hadn't been converted.

Is he officially Scouse now then?

Weirder things have happened.

[youtube]P-MZMeA8EuM[/youtube]

Also

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Feature ... s_rightnav
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:03 am

I remember us being linked to him when he was a centre forward so I watched him a lot & he was clearly too slow to be an effective PL striker. I was relieved when we didn't sign him & not surprised at all when he had to move position. Another player imo, like Ireland or Joe Cole, who has bits missing from his game & doesn't really have a position he's truly suited to or quite good enough in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby patrickblue » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Must say I'm in the don't rate him camp. Someone compared he with Bellamy earlier, I can't see that. To me he he has a phenomenal work rate, but not much footballing ability. Although I must admit he looked a much better player with Holland than he does with the dippers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ronk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

He has stayed where others have left, so clearly he has talent. He's a better Kevin Kilbane: none of the flair, stepovers, excitement etc. but effective nonetheless while being a handful for defenders.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby paulmclaren » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

He's played out of position that's why.
Ever since he joined Liverpool he's either played as a right sided midfielder or behind the froint two.
He's an out n out forward, he proved that in Holland by scoring 30+goals a season.
Typical thick scousers.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:56 am

paulmclaren wrote:He's played out of position that's why.
Ever since he joined Liverpool he's either played as a right sided midfielder or behind the froint two.
He's an out n out forward, he proved that in Holland by scoring 30+goals a season.
Typical thick scousers.

Is that the league where someone scored 7goals in one game? Don't know whether to believe that or not though.

No, but seriously. I dont rate him at all. True that his best position is probably a striker, not winger but still I wouldn't touch him even with a long pole.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum