Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 am

RAG1: The only time we should fear them is when they play us and raise their game. That's a potential 3 points that will be difficult to achieve.

Otherwise no, there is plenty of "potential" but absolutely nothing that is actually indicative of a genuine top quality side. For all that they have spent they are impressive in neither players nor in how their manager wields the club.

They will very likely make the fight for fourth incredibly difficult, but since the utter collapse of Liverpool there is a vast gulf between the top three and the rest. Hell there is a vast gulf between United and Chelsea versus Arsenal.

RAG2: Last time I checked, Man City have conceded 0 and scored 3.

Their defence is pretty solid looking if you ask me, Mancini did the same at Inter though so it's not a suprise and that is toughen up the defence when he arrived.

City will get better year by year and will be mentioned in the same breath as United and Chelsea all the time. I fear it will be sooner rather than later too.

Get used to it lads & lasses.

RAG3: They also started similar last season and it was clear for everyone to see that they weren't strong in that department. Anyone who's seen them these past two games can't honestly say they've looked good at the back. The first 45 minutes v Spurs was particularly embarrassing, considering they were playing with 3 defensive midfielders aswell.

City won't get top 4 this year, so I won't be 'getting used' to anything.

[strike]WAGS[/strike] RAGS OF THE DAY

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am

As if anyone could genuinely look at City & just write them off for top 4 other than a bitter deluded thick rag twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityGer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 am

nor in how their manager wields the club.

Is he talking about City or a new weapon Bobby has layed on his hands on?
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 am

RAG 3 is clearly insane. Not Tony Cascarino is it?
Last edited by john@staustell on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:53 am

Deluded or what.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Updated: Rag2 has been in the sun too long...

On Tevez...

RAG1: Didn't he score twice tonight?

He's just looked fantastic ever since he went there. Everything is there, work rate, power, control, skill, passing, goals everything. It's hard to fathom it's the same player who so often looked like he had talent and work rate but not genuine top class ability.

RAG2: He's also surrounded by 10 players who are not as good as him at Shitty whereas when playing with us, he was certainly not one of our most exceptional players. The easiest way to look good is to surround yourself with lesser talents.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Return to The Maine Football forum