Henry Winter

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Henry Winter

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:This isn't exactly aimed at Winter (that'd be a 50 cal), but why do we say 'He's not a bad bloke now' just because some hack decides to change his tune because he sees there is now a Bright Blue Future in place. Would we say the same about a Rag, Scouser or Chav who has constantly slagged our every move?

I still think he is a cunt (see the twat thread in ot) but he has actually made an effort to get on board recently

I know mate, which makes him an even bigger cunt; arse-rimming at that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:This isn't exactly aimed at Winter (that'd be a 50 cal), but why do we say 'He's not a bad bloke now' just because some hack decides to change his tune because he sees there is now a Bright Blue Future in place. Would we say the same about a Rag, Scouser or Chav who has constantly slagged our every move?

I still think he is a cunt (see the twat thread in ot) but he has actually made an effort to get on board recently

He gave cook a load of grief, and he said it as he saw it.

At weekend, he was bang on with the english players, the young quality we had bought and was right on with what he said.

I was fuming with what he said about cook after milan, but he seems to understand and accept what we are doing now, and friends in the press are few and far between
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

It was Cook that made a twat out of Winter in the 1st place, by telling him our long term plans of sticking with the manager, getting him arguing our case in print & on radio/tv, laughing & joking about other clubs sacking their managers & within TWO WEEKS of doing that, he was talking to Mancini & 2 weeks later he was manager. That's why Winter & Co were so pissed off at that press conference.

I think it's commendable that Winter has been honest enough to rise above his personal feelings & try to be objective about us. I recon sone of the other writers who were treated similarly will never give us another a neutral write up as long as they live & I'd be the same in their position. This keeps cropping up, but City had those blokes eating out of their hands & then shat all over them. Many have now joined the ranks of the haters.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum