micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: micah

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Oddie wrote:
sandman wrote:
Oddie wrote:the sooner Boateng gets fit the better !!

I couldnt agree more with you there Oddie, Boateng looks like a massive improvement on what we have.

Welcome to the board.

Cheers mate, ive been a lurker on the forum for many years but today.. Richards defending forced me into commenting !!! Shocking defending, absolutely shocking. I thought Bent got really lucky with the penatly as well, he looked like scuffed it underneath Hart, if he had connected with the ball cleaner i think Joe would have saved it.

I agree, Joe went the right way he just didnt quite get to it.

I dont think anyone can complain too much about Joe given the time on the score board, the current score and who was stepping up to the spot, that has got to be dirty gruds time!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby MBash721 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:12 pm

s1ty m wrote:
sandman wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:
sandman wrote:He has shown AGAIN today why he doesnt deserve the same destiny as the rest of the club.

No concentration and no common sense!!

Micah was one of our better players today and if the linesman had done his job there would have been no penalty.

Totally disagree, Micah was one of our worse players today and he was all over him in the box and was the sole cause of us losing a point, I am gutted we lost but totally satisfied that we deserved to.

sadly, i am total agreement with sandman.

Not sure of which game you guys were watching then. To say Micah was "one of our worse players today" is a joke. I would say Tevez, Johnson, Lescott, Berry, and Silva were much worse today just to name a few. Micah did great defensively and also set up Adebayor on his chance when the GK made a brilliant save. Other than this penalty where there were clearly communication problems as well as a questionable offside, Richards was definitely one of the better players today.
MBash721
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Emmanuel Adebayor

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 pm

I too thought Micah was one of our best players & I thought all the defenders coped well with the ball floating around in the wind.

The goal was Barry's fault, the linesman's fault & Mancini's fault for putting Barry at fullback before Michah should take any blame.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:1 thing that gets me with richards is that when he goes forward, he just ambles back when the other team get the ball, he dosnt run, but jogs back which always leaves us open at the back. be glad when hes a sub for a bit tbh.

He is world class at jogging - I think that he must think he looks cool not to look rushed
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:12 am

If it was a clear goal scoring opportunity why did the fuckin woeful referee not send Micah off?Answer it was'nt and i for one dont think he would have reached the ball and he was offside btw.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 am

gillie wrote:If it was a clear goal scoring opportunity why did the fuckin woeful referee not send Micah off?Answer it was'nt and i for one dont think he would have reached the ball and he was offside btw.

And if he had a yard head start on Micah and they ended up colliding...

Bent slowed to initiate the contact.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 am

Richards on the whole was hopeless and anyone who disagrees with that statement clearly has a handfull of straws and are clutching them very tight.

Micah says all these great things about trying to take Mancini's advice on board etc, but basically what the wally needs to do is get back to basics and learn the art of defending.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Last weeks hero this weeks villian. Nothing new here.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Don't get me started on Mr Richards. If he was bought for a few million from a foriegn side there would be havoc at the games and on here.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Don't get me started on Mr Richards. If he was bought for a few million from a foriegn side there would be havoc at the games and on here.

I know, right?
Let hang the cunt out to dry! He's not one of us! Not like Stevie Ireland and Ned. They've only had nice things to say about City.
Let's just boo him everytime he gets the ball Edghill style, yeh?
I'm up for it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Look at the cunt here holding more of the trophy than the other kid! Fuckin cunt! let the other kid hold it as well!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 am

MaseCTID wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Don't get me started on Mr Richards. If he was bought for a few million from a foriegn side there would be havoc at the games and on here.

I know, right?
Let hang the cunt out to dry! He's not one of us! Not like Stevie Ireland and Ned. They've only had nice things to say about City.
I'm up for it.

Not really no, not my style or the way i was brought up to be but thanks for overreating though.

But if he wasn't an "academy graduate" then he would get as much stick and grief rightly or wrongly as some of our current foreign lads and ex foreign imports over the years.

I will applaud whenever he does something right and sigh when he does something stupid or wrong but there are alot nastier people than my good self out there who will as you say "hang him out to dry and boo him everytime he gets the ball"

I remember seeing him as a 17 year old and wondering what all the fuss was about this huge kid who could not play football but was decent at winning headers and outmuscling forwards off the ball. Move him on, thank him for his service, wish him well and look forward to many years of Jerome belting down the wing.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:07 am

MaseCTID wrote:

I know, right?
I'm up for it.

Right with you brother, four managers have come and gone and Micah not only didn't get shipped, he also gets played. Now one of the best managers in the game says he can be the best defender in England, but just cause they see ability and have faith in him, we should certainly destroy his confidence by booing him out of the team.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 am

Grob wrote:Richards on the whole was hopeless and anyoneat who disagrees with that statement clearly has a handfull of straws and are clutching them very tight.

Micah says all these great things about trying to take Mancini's advice on board etc, but basically what the wally needs to do is get back to basics and learn the art of defending.

These!

I am not stupid enough to mistake attacking football for good football.

Admittedly I love nothing more than to see any City shirt bursting downfield towards an opposing goal, but I also like to see defenders defending. Richards is no better/different than Glen Johnson, who i'm sure not many would rate him good enough for what City are heading towards.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum