micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: micah

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Well if he continues improving he might just match my prediction of most improved player.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 pm

sandman wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:I don't understand the Micah hate that some have. He is clearly far far from the finished article but the lad has got a lot of talent and great raw materials to work with.

Yeah, but he does not improve. In fact, has seemed to go backwards mostly.

He was great last night, As he was couple of times last season. But overall, he is a liability. I have to admit that now. And I don't hate him FFS. I'd be over the moon if he started improving again.

I agree, I think he looks great when going forward and games like last night suit him down to the ground.

But then when we face the top quarter of the premiership we cant get away with Richards being caught out of position (not tracking back after a blistering run) or daydreaming and giving the opposing wingers too much time to pick out their cross / stoll by.

He had no need to mark back last night, no one challenged our right side. Let's see how he does when someone not named Bale is running at him. He has played one game against arguably one of the top wingers in the prem, and then one game against a ghost. He has seen both extremes, let's see what he does against the norm.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:54 pm

His interview on the os http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... e-pressure shows the penny may have finally dropped with him and hes not taking his position for granted anymore.Glad that Mancini has been working hard with him on his concentration.
He seems aware now that he needs to start working to stay in the side.I suppose the realisation that players as good as Ireland, Bellamy etc are not needed may have had a positive effect on him and hes ready to step up to the challenge.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
sandman wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:I don't understand the Micah hate that some have. He is clearly far far from the finished article but the lad has got a lot of talent and great raw materials to work with.

Yeah, but he does not improve. In fact, has seemed to go backwards mostly.

He was great last night, As he was couple of times last season. But overall, he is a liability. I have to admit that now. And I don't hate him FFS. I'd be over the moon if he started improving again.

I agree, I think he looks great when going forward and games like last night suit him down to the ground.

But then when we face the top quarter of the premiership we cant get away with Richards being caught out of position (not tracking back after a blistering run) or daydreaming and giving the opposing wingers too much time to pick out their cross / stoll by.

He had no need to mark back last night, no one challenged our right side. Let's see how he does when someone not named Bale is running at him. He has played one game against arguably one of the top wingers in the prem, and then one game against a ghost. He has seen both extremes, let's see what he does against the norm.

We've seen dozens of times over the past few years what he does against the norm and I have to say unless he has absolutely nobody running at him, he is just not the standard that City are going to be.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:30 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As Micahs biggest detractor on here I have to say he was very good tonight and it really hurts to say it

Sorry - IBH, do not like to pull you up but you are a couple of leagues behind me on this subject

That said - I hope this is not another case of 1 good game means he can mug us off for the next 10 - I am hoping that perhaps the transfer of Stevie has made him realise that being a 'legend home grown' lad is not enough with Bobby and performance is required.

Like you I will be hoping that he will now kick on - but my real view of the chances of that happening are (IMO) really slim - love to be proven wrong though

Still for me - I would have Boateng in without any hesitation - or Zab - because 1 swallow does not make a summer and all that - but we will see
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:00 am

He's just turned 22 and has played over 150 games for us despite some serious injuries and major competition. He came in early in the Pearce era and has seen the team transform around him, playing some very different styles of football along the way. He's been in and out of the team, but never out for very long and can we really say that he has actually been THAT inconsistent given all the changes and the fact that his style of play and body shape lends itself to inconsistent play.

He's played a lot of very good football for us and is still very much a developing player with weaknesses to his game (and strengths). Along the way he's gone through an emotional roller coaster where it's been hard to develop. Fated as an England superstar before he was ready, constantly connected with rumours that we were going to cash in on him (seems so long ago), so raw that he swore the first time a live mic was put in front of him, shuffled around in different positions and with a huge changing cast of teammates and coaches.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 am

He was brilliant in all facets of play except when Torres took him on. 2 free kicks conceded and a shot off target on that count. But he owned Jovanovich.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm

He has shown AGAIN today why he doesnt deserve the same destiny as the rest of the club.

No concentration and no common sense!!
sandman

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 pm

sandman wrote:He has shown AGAIN today why he doesnt deserve the same destiny as the rest of the club.

Micah was one of our better players today and if the linesman had done his job there would have been no penalty.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Didn't see the game so can't really comment other than the fact that I wasn't at all surprised when the commentator said that it was him that gave the pen away, get well soon Jerome
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MBash721 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:07 pm

You people are pathetic. Stop blaming Richards for everything that goes wrong. It's getting old.

It should have never came down to a 92' penalty anyways
MBash721
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Emmanuel Adebayor

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm

MBash721 wrote:You people are pathetic. Stop blaming Richards for everything that goes wrong. It's getting old.

Once again i agree, richards was a star for me today and tried to do what adam johnson should of been doing. Adam johnson was invisible today!
Last edited by BlueMoonAwoken on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
sandman wrote:He has shown AGAIN today why he doesnt deserve the same destiny as the rest of the club.

Micah was one of our better players today and if the linesman had done his job there would have been no penalty.

Totally disagree, Micah was one of our worse players today and he was all over him in the box and was the sole cause of us losing a point, I am gutted we lost but totally satisfied that we deserved to.
sandman

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:12 pm

sandman wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Totally disagree, Micah was one of our worse players today and he was all over him in the box and was the sole cause of us losing a point, I am gutted we lost but totally satisfied that we deserved to.

How about lescott allowing a free cross into the box or barry for not closing down. Or how about toure saying he had bent but then flys to the front post leaving richards all out at sea!

Reason why we lost was because tevez missed an open goal, and when he could of played yaya in for a 1 v 1 he decided to be greedy and go alone.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:14 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
MBash721 wrote:You people are pathetic. Stop blaming Richards for everything that goes wrong. It's getting old.

Once again i agree, richards was a star for me today and tried to do what adam johnson should of been doing. Adam johnson was invisible today!

I totally agree about Adam johnson, but I cant say that just because Micah was up out of position covering leaving his own post empty that he had a good game. He needs to remember that he's a defender 1st, his runs forward are good on occasion but defenders should never have free roam, he neglects his duty too often.
sandman

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:16 pm

sandman wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

I totally agree about Adam johnson, but I cant say that just because Micah was up out of position covering leaving his own post empty that he had a good game. He needs to remember that he's a defender 1st, his runs forward are good on occasion but defenders should never have free roam, he neglects his duty too often.

No sandman this is why richards was out of position...

How about lescott allowing a free cross into the box or barry for not closing down. Or how about toure saying he had bent but then flys to the front post leaving richards all out at sea!
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nige » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 pm

foul through (again)
getting too excited he forgot to kick the ball on the edge of their 6 yard box
giving away the pen

Other than that we had a steady game.

Oh he also had one of his miracle injury cures after stopping the game for 2 minutes.

Let's hope the overall performance and lack of central firepower get as much critism though.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:18 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
sandman wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Reason why we lost was because tevez missed an open goal, and when he could of played yaya in for a 1 v 1 he decided to be greedy and go alone.

I thought Lescott had a poor game in parts, but I cannot criticise a player too much when he's playing out of his natural position covering for injury.

I am no big fan of Barry, he never closes anyone down and isnt as sharp as he was at Villa.

And I totally agree that Tevez should have passed, on three occasions, but then he wasnt knowingly fouling somebody in his own box in the 92nd minute of the game.
sandman

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:20 pm

sandman wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

The full-backs are being asked to get forward because you've got a central midfielder who can't.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:21 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
sandman wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

No sandman this is why richards was out of position...

What about the other 88 minutes?? Richards wanders about aimlessly most games and then goes on the odd fantastic blistering run and gets applauded, I am not falling for it, he isnt the standard that City want to be and he doesnt have the intelligence to become that player.
sandman

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum