micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

micah

Postby bluechester » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 pm

hopefully he as stepped upto the mark & be the player we all believe he should be, i for one slag him off, but credit due he was awsome today as was everyone, but thought micah deserved his own mention as he can be targeted for abuse, hopefully he will turn the corner now
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Re: micah

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm

As Micahs biggest detractor on here I have to say he was very good tonight and it really hurts to say it
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:04 pm

bluechester wrote:hopefully he as stepped upto the mark & be the player we all believe he should be, i for one slag him off, but credit due he was awsome today as was everyone, but thought micah deserved his own mention as he can be targeted for abuse, hopefully he will turn the corner now

He had a good game, but was still our most shaky player on the pitch by some distance. Lets hope this performance though continues to build his confidence.

I particularly liked his willingness to overlap, limited though he is when he does, it gave Johnson a bit more time and space
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby giokingkladze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:04 pm

9/10 for Micah tonight
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm

giokingkladze wrote:9/10 for Micah tonight

Yeah, top stuff from Micah.

Put a shift in like that every week micah and England duty awaits you!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 pm

edit...

micah is good :)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Outstanding display tonight. The way he shoved Jovanovic around was awesome.

Hopefully he'll become consistent soon, though L'pool hardly contributed anything noteworthy down the left.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby aaron bond » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

His best game in a long time.

To be fair, since we've brought in loads of new players, he hasn't moaned and seems to be excited at the prospect of being part of such a great team. He still has a lot of work to do to establish himself as a top 4 player but if he can keep up the performances of tonight throughout the season, then he could have a bright future with us.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 pm

I loved his 360 degree spin near the edge of Liverpool's box putting Agger on his arse.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 am

Dameerto wrote:I loved his 360 degree spin near the edge of Liverpool's box putting Agger on his arse.

I loved how he effortlessly put him on his arse there while bumping him with his shoulder. Agger is no lightweight but Micah barely felt the contact.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am

I know I am probably one of only about 3 Micah fans left around here, but even I know one swallow doesn't make a summer.

He has performed in the past as well if not better, consistency is where he has let himself down and while I would love the 'I told you so' moment, let's wait for him to do it over the next couple of weeks and see if he keeps Boateng out of the side.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am

Slim wrote:I know I am probably one of only about 3 Micah fans left around here, but even I know one swallow doesn't make a summer.

He has performed in the past as well if not better, consistency is where he has let himself down and while I would love the 'I told you so' moment, let's wait for him to do it over the next couple of weeks and see if he keeps Boateng out of the side.

Slim, I am one of the other two. Consistency is the only thing he is lacking. While we cannot expect him to perform like this week in and week out, he clearly has the skills to be an elite player, but not the focus. Let's remember he only turned 22 ten weeks ago.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:22 am

I don't understand the Micah hate that some have. He is clearly far far from the finished article but the lad has got a lot of talent and great raw materials to work with.

What he also has, however, is a mindboggling lack of consistency and some pretty glaring flaws in his game when he's not on song.

He has to be given credit for the fact that he has not whined when out of the team and has shown real enthusiasm to stay and fight for a place in the team. The good thing for lots of the defenders we have (incl Micah) is the versatility we have across the back line. Micah should know that, should he perform really strongly in these games when Boateng is trollied, he has a chance of holding onto the shirt...even if we play Boateng....that might not be at RB as he can also play centre half.....ditto for Lescott/Kolarov.

I just think that the better overall quality of our defensive options could lead to the bar being raised in general and us getting much much higher quality performances from lots of them (see files marked K Toure and V Kompany) as they all know that there is another equally talented rival vying for their spot.

It's a very nice "problem" for the team and Mancini to have.

I was never one who thought that Micah should be jettisoned, I'm thankful that Mancini appears of similar mind
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 am

ant london wrote:I don't understand the Micah hate that some have. He is clearly far far from the finished article but the lad has got a lot of talent and great raw materials to work with.

Yeah, but he does not improve. In fact, has seemed to go backwards mostly.

He was great last night, As he was couple of times last season. But overall, he is a liability. I have to admit that now. And I don't hate him FFS. I'd be over the moon if he started improving again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:I don't understand the Micah hate that some have. He is clearly far far from the finished article but the lad has got a lot of talent and great raw materials to work with.

He was great last night, As he was couple of times last season. But overall, he is a liability. I have to admit that now. And I don't hate him FFS. I'd be over the moon if he started improving again.

Well....he does improve....and then I agree he regresses

He's a bit of an enigma....or a bit thick

One of the two...or maybe both
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:31 am

I said last week, there's no defender in the PL who can look good with Bale running at him one minute & be marking Crouch at corners the next. If Bale had been playing for Liverpool tonight, people would be slagging Micah now. Bale is in the form of his life & nobody wants to be playing him at the moment. Imo he would have destroyed Boateng on debut & it was a good job he missed the game.

Micah is a kid who will have good & bad days. Mancini is encouraging him & trying to turn him into a top player, which he isn't yet but still could be in the future. He's trying hard again now rather than swanning around & we should give him some help, then in the future, we can have 2 great defenders in Micah & Boateng.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:19 am

Micah is iffy. Last night, he was tremendous. Long may it continue.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I agree, I think he looks great when going forward and games like last night suit him down to the ground.

But then when we face the top quarter of the premiership we cant get away with Richards being caught out of position (not tracking back after a blistering run) or daydreaming and giving the opposing wingers too much time to pick out their cross / stoll by.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Murph » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

Played well. Seeing him in the flesh he didn't look as bulked up as last season.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Thought his goal killed the scousers off. Shame Tevez had to run off celebrating like he'd scored it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum