Has moving Bellers away helped squad?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Has moving Bellers away helped squad?

Postby Crossie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Im wondering if moving Bellers out has helped some of the quieter players come forward abit more. Maybe lifted some tension away?

theres no doubt that when we signed him , we needed someone to kick some other players up the arse following Svens shit training methods.

But we moved on, and maybe Bob realised Bellers was too much of an influence, and upset the dressing room atmosphere, took over abit too much?

I know we have other nutters like Ade, Mario etc, but Bellers might have been a particular type of nutter that was doing more harm than good?!??!

Just a thought.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Has moving Bellers away helped squad?

Postby halnone » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 am

I think it has helped. The type of attitude Bellamy had a couple weeks ago wasn't at all beneficial to our squad. It probably did release some tension I'm guessing.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Has moving Bellers away helped squad?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:18 am

I don't think that's far off the truth. I'm not saying we won because of that last night but lot of football people have said that Bellamy can be right pain in the arse if he is not happy with the way things are going. Honestly, with all the new lads and squad very deep with rotation especially on the wings and in attack, who really was surprised that bellamy got bit upset?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum