Player Ratings v. Liverpool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Player Ratings v. Liverpool

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Hart- 8
Richards- 8
Kompany- 8
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 7
De Jong- 8
Barry- 8
Yaya- 8
Johnson- 9
Tevez- 8
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Re: Player Ratings v. Liverpool

Postby Adam Johnson's Big Toe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 pm

ryanmjo wrote:Hart- 8
Richards- 8
Kompany- 8
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 7
De Jong- 8
Barry- 8
Yaya- 8
Johnson- 9
Tevez- 8

I thought MIlner had a great game and Micah even though he had a good game was our weaker link.....Great team performance
Adam Johnson's Big Toe
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: carlos tevez

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Hart- 9
Richards- 8
Kompany- 9
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 8
De Jong- 9
Barry- 8
Yaya- 8
Johnson- 9
Tevez- 8

This is mine basically my nines stuck out in tonight's game
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby french_tony » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:20 pm

The middle three were perfect tonight...

Hart- 8
Richards- 7
Kompany- 9
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 8
De Jong- 10
Barry- 10
Yaya- 10
Johnson- 8
Tevez- 8
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Hart- 8
Richards- 8
Kompany- 9
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 8
De Jong- 8
Barry- 8
Yaya- 8
Johnson- 9
Tevez- 8

Scores reflect what was an amazing TEAM display. Who said we couldn't gel eh?
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby mcfc61 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Not saying he was MotM but thought Nigel was superb.
mcfc61
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

mcfc61 wrote:Not saying he was MotM but thought Nigel was superb.

One of those rare games where nobody can be said to have been a weak link.I don't know about 10's but I did think Vinnie,Nigel and GB stood out
maybe :
Joe 8 nah it has to be 9 as he was faultless and made 2 top saves
Micah 8
Kolo 8
Vinnie 9
Lescott 8
NDJ 9 ( cant actually think of anything he did wrong)
AJ 8.5
Yaya 7.5 ( quietish but so calm)
GB 9
Milner 9 ( did he ever stop running)
Tevez 7.5 ( not bad for not fully fit in that system)

I have supported City for longer than most ( apart from the obvious one:)) and never ever have City beaten Liverpool so easily and so well. Long may it all continue.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
mcfc61 wrote:Not saying he was MotM but thought Nigel was superb.

One of those rare games where nobody can be said to have been a weak link.I don't know about 10's but I did think Vinnie,Nigel and GB stood out
maybe :
Joe 8 nah it has to be 9 as he was faultless and made 2 top saves
Micah 8
Kolo 8
Vinnie 9
Lescott 8
NDJ 9 ( cant actually think of anything he did wrong)
AJ 8.5
Yaya 7.5 ( quietish but so calm)
GB 9
Milner 9 ( did he ever stop running)
Tevez 7.5 ( not bad for not fully fit in that system)

I have supported City for longer than most ( apart from the obvious one:)) and never ever have City beaten Liverpool so easily and so well. Long may it all continue.

HARt started play very sloppy a couple of times, basically giving the ball away to the opponent. it could've cost us dearly.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CityGer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm

I think Doug has is pretty much spot on, I'd have Tevez as an 8, though.

Class all over the park with can do better marks going to Lescott for some miss placed passes and Yaya who looked unfit in the last third of the game.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby mcfc61 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

CityGer wrote:I think Doug has is pretty much spot on, I'd have Tevez as an 8, though.

Class all over the park with can do better marks going to Lescott for some miss placed passes and Yaya who looked unfit in the last third of the game.

I'm surprised Bob didn't take Yaya off after the Tevez pen.....he was running on empty.
mcfc61
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:47 pm

french_tony wrote:The middle three were perfect tonight...

Hart- 8
Richards- 7
Kompany- 9
Toure-8
Lescott- 7
Milner- 8
De Jong- 10
Barry- 10
Yaya- 10
Johnson- 8
Tevez- 8

Can't argue with that, the midfield 3 were indeed, perfect, even my old mate Nige
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Hart- 9 only called on twice to show his true class but brought me to my feet with that double save
Richards- 8 much, much better from Micah
Kompany- 10 absolute class tonight, made a couple of small errors in the last 10 minutes but made up for them immediately
Toure-8 didn't stand out like Kompany but didn't see him do much wrong either
Lescott- 7 not good going forward but solid enough most of the time in defence
Milner- 8 great introduction, some great skill and superb industry
De Jong- 10 Kompany but in midfield
Barry- 9 best game from Barry in a City shirt
Yaya- 8 very, very impressed with Yaya, he is class, outshone by his CM mates tonight but only just
Johnson- 9 Jinky at his best
Tevez- 8 not much of an attacking display but ball retention was excellent

10's may seem over the top but I thought those two deserved them tonight
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Hart - 8: Flapped once but otherwise commanding and that double-save was superb.
Micah - 7: Won everything in the air and was hardly troubled after a shaky start.
Kompo - 9: Rock. Nothing gets past him, what a player.
Kolo - 8: Has started this season really well, looks a lot more comfortable.
Lescott - 6: Thought he had a very poor opening 15-20 minutes but settled later on and wasn't really troubled after that.
de Jong - 8: No mad tackles or anything spectacular, but did his job very well and thought he played the ball around very well, one-touch passing!
Barry - 9: Took his goal well and had an almost faultless game, this is the Barry I was hoping to see last season!
Yaya - 9: Some people thought he was quiet but I think he was MOM contender along with Kompo and Barry. His passing was superb.
Milner - 7: Great work rate, two assists. Looked a lot faster and more mobile than I expected too for some reason.
Johnson - 8: Always looks dangerous, but think he tried to be a bit too fancy after the confidence he gained from his fantastic start.
Tevez - 7: Is never a lone striker, but as ever worked his socks off and held the ball up pretty well (although sometimes I don't know how the fucl he does it!).
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Lee_Kinda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Hart- 10
Richards- 10
Kompany- 10
Toure-10
Lescott- 10
Milner- 10
De Jong- 10
Barry- 10
Yaya- 10
Johnson- 10
Tevez- 10
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Colin the King » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Hart 8- A couple of nervy clearances early on but outstanding when put to the test. That fantastic double save showed last Saturday’s heroics were no fluke and I feel comfortable in the knowledge that he can produce that regularly.

Richards 7- Still looks uncomfortable in possession at times but defensively he was vastly improved on last week. Jovanovic is a strong guy but he made him look weak and insignificant. Great upper body strength, tackling, positioning (for once!) and heading of the ball. Linked very well with Johnson down the right hand side.

Touré 8- Strong, assured and confident on the ball in the first half, closed them down without any problems. In the second half he was less involved as much of the game was played out in midfield but still there when we needed him.

Kompany 8- Defensively, a great performance and his anticipation is first rate. Intercepting the ball, reading runs, and in the air, all superb. My problem tonight, and at times last season, is how he can look complacent when we’re in control of games, trying fancy touches and dribbles in dangerous areas. Thankfully, it didn’t cost us tonight but could have done. His concentration over 90+ minutes is the one big issue I have with Kompany, otherwise he’s a top class defender, one of the best in the league.

Lescott 7- Solid and unspectacular, just did what he was asked to with minimal fuss and held firm against Kuyt and Gerrard. Offered very little in an attacking sense and playing behind Milner in a system who roamed off the left would have highlighted that. Looks a good option though while Kolarov’s out.

De Jong 8- Strong in the tackle, calm and composed in possession and made himself available at all times. His passing has come on leaps and bounds from last season and he doesn’t seem anywhere near as reckless. Did concede a little too much space on occasion but we had enough presence for it not to matter hugely.

Barry 9- Sensational. Ten times the player we saw last season. Clean, crisp tackling, excellent positioning, sensible distribution of the ball, classy movement and good acceleration to meet Milner’s ball for the opening goal. He just never looked flustered despite Liverpool’s high pressure tactic and always found the time and space to make the right pass.

Yaya Touré 7- Showed great hunger and acceleration in the first half, looked monstrous and dominant in the middle and linked well with Tevez and the other midfielders and closed down the open spaces to make life hard for Liverpool. He started to tire in the second half and looked a bit uncomfortable so probably should have come off a little earlier but the signs are very promising.

Johnson 9- Menacing, fleet footed and unpredictable- terrorised Agger from the first minute and played a huge part in everything positive we did. When his moves didn’t quite come off or his end product wasn’t great, his head never went down, he carried on determined to do it better next time. The ball to Milner for the goal was perfectly weighted. Bits of everything in his performance tonight. Top effort.

Milner 8- Contrast that performance to Ireland’s at Newcastle yesterday. Milner was constantly moving, but always with a purpose. There was one passage of play where within ten seconds he’d dispossessed Gerrard 20 yards from our goal and was linking with Tevez at their 18 yard line. Incredible effort and pace. Showed wonderful skill and vision too, perfect ball to Barry and perfect set piece delivery. Anyone who thinks we got the short end of the straw needs their head testing.

Tevez 8- Great strength to hold the ball in difficult circumstances, quick feet to confuse their defenders and the vision to always play a menacing ball, be it five yards away or crossfield. Don’t think the second goal was his but his all round game deserved at least a goal and the penalty was cleverly taken and well deserved. He still dropped deep, as he always will, but the understanding between everyone was there that enabled him to it without detracting from our play.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:16 am

Hart- 9 Distribution still a bit suspect but earned us a point at Spurs and may well have earned us points tonight with that double save.

Richards- 7 Solid performance tonight but still looks clumsy and ill advised going forward - once there, needs to either pass it or cross it. Cutting inside and losing it opens up our flank for a counter.

Toure-8 Took care of a world class striker without too much alarm.

Kompany- 8 A few of his passes went astray, other than that an excellent performance - read the game well as usual.

Lescott- 7 Not his best position and it showed in the attacking part of the field.

De Jong- 10 My man of the match. We should call him Pacman as he seems to eat up all around him. Always pops up when needed, great destructive player but equally seems to be finding the more progressive part of his game more and more - tonight was his best yet in that regard.

Milner- 9 His composed and clinical pull back to make the first goal was impressive for a debutante. Made our midfield seem to be more 'in contact' with the forwards.

Barry- 9 Best game yet in a City shirt I felt. Totally dominant in his area of influence and made excellent supporting runs for Tevezz.

Yaya- 7 Quiet but effective in the role he played tonight - seemed dog tired in the second half and I was surprised Silva wasn't brought on . but the miles are in his legs now.

Johnson- 8 Constant menace and dangerous with his end product too.

Tevez- 7 Worked very hard in a role he's not really physically suited too. Also resisted the temptation to fall too deep (most of the time).
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 am

Must say I thought our tackling, to a man, was the best I've ever seen. Some of the lunges and dives to block shots were immense too. The overall effort was outstanding.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 am

Hart 9
Good : Outstanding shot stopping, his double save to deny Torres I believe was a crucial moment of the match.
Bad : His distribution was suspect, kicked one out on the full, rolled one out that put Yaya in trouble.

Richards 8
Good : Played to his strengths, which fittingly is his strength and athleticism. Got forward, covered at the back, great performance.
Bad : Still got turned by the trickier players and found himself out of position at times.

Kolo Toure 8
Good : Solid support role to Kompany, kept Torres quiet for long periods.
Bad : Slightly guilty of falling into long ball mentality when we are not set up for it.

Kompany 9
Good : Immense mountain that seemed to be everywhere they wanted to go, cut out more crosses than anyone and dominated the box.
Bad : Distribution was suspect, couple of times after getting us out of trouble his passing put us right back in.

Lescott 7
Good : Very versatile and held up his wide men well enough, looked lively springing from the back as well.
Bad : Failed to choose his forward movements well, didn't really offer that cutting edge into attack of a Kolarov or Bridge.

Johnson 8
Good : Dazzling skills and just a joy to watch, ran at Agger all afternoon and no surprise that he won a penalty.
Bad : Faded from the game at times, needs to learn to offer himself up as a real option in a 4-5-1 when he isn't the focus.

Milner 8
Good : Brilliant debut, full of energy and industry and looked every part the professional we saw at Villa, two assists, could have been MotM without shocking anyone.
Bad : N/A

de Jong 9
Good : Another mountain, whatever he went after he got and on 2nd viewing my MotM.
Bad : Got punished on occasion from reputation I think, twice I think I saw a foul given where it was another clean tackle.

Yaya Toure 8
Good : World class player, effortless and calculated. Looks like he has an age on the ball and passes and tackles with so much skill it's just joyful to watch.
Bad : Faded late on, looked knackered. Hope this is a match fitness thing and not a Lee Croft thing.

Barry 8
Good : Amazing balanced performance, forward and back he was in almost everything. Tackling of old Gaz Baz and is just impossible to get the ball off.
Bad : When the game's pace kicked up he seemed to be unable to keep up, luckily it was Liverpool and everything they do is slow as fuck.

Tevez 8
Good : So strong for a little guy, it's almost like he loves people trying to take the ball off him, cause they don't stand a chance. Two goals now and looking hungry.
Bad : He isn't 6'2", anything aimed at his head, crosses, long balls is just going to gift it to the opposition, hardly his fault.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum