Sheikh Mansour is in the stadium tonight !!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sheikh Mansour is in the stadium tonight !!

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Cracking thread here ladies keep it going .
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby simon12 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:58 pm

saulman wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:Whats wrong with ''Paki'' anyway?
I guess its only transformed into an offense by the British?

and ashton its not snowing yet, chill down..

Personally, some people I work with and who I went to college with who have pakistani heritage refer to themselves and each other as 'paki's'. I know for a fact that Amir Khan refers to himself as a 'paki' and has done on numerous occasions.

I wouldn't use the term personally and never have though.

However, we in Britain are so confused with the whole racism thingy that we now associate it as calling a black person a 'nigger'.
I've got pakistani mates who refer to themselves as pakis so I can see where the assocation comes from. They're now refered to as the 'P' word and 'N' word in liberal circles.

Personally I think its how the word is used that makes someone a racist. I just say 'asian'.

The irony is, Sheikh Mansour is from the Middle East. Shows just how thick some people can be.

I know, unbeleiveable. If his mate would`ve said "watch some random saudi on a screen" nobody would`ve said anything at all, except"that`s our owner you bandwagon jumping supporter. It`s all how it`s delivered.

Anyway I thought like a few on here it was timed to show support from him to the club....and what a time to do it. Please come every week Manny.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm

On topic, he seemed to enjoy every minute of it from what was shown of him on Sky. This is now his team and his manager, and he wanted to savour the success first hand. Glad the team obliged and he enjoyed it as much as us.

Off topic, can threads be deleted, never to be seen ever again because I'd hate for people to come on here looking for a new forum and wander into such a topic? Even worse, a club representative who passes the info upwards.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Just so were clear as I thought it was made obvious but clearly not. I am Ashtons so called mate who referred to the sheik as the paki on the screen. It was meant as a joke taking the piss out of the stupid dancers on stage at city square by pointing out they were so shit that I was watching the guys (who at first glance weren't exactly recognisable as the sheik etc) getting out of a car. Now if people find it offensive I apologise for them but I grew up in a generation where your local corner shop was called the "paki shop" not because I disliked the guy who owned it or had no respect for him it just wasn't seen as an insulting comment. Now if it makes it offensive because he is not from Pakistan then if someone mistakes my watered down man accent as scouse ( which happens where I work all the time and they call me a scouser) should I kick up a fuss? No I'm not a racist and I'm not going to give u reasons to justify it as simply saying I am NOT a racist justifies in my eyes. I was immediately aware afterwards that it was a dickhead comment to make but it slipped out and I've had much worse words slip out of my mouth in my lifetime and probably will again. Makes me kiss how most of you probably sing Munich songs, chant you fat bastard at players, among other insults at matches. Just for the record IBH obviously I went to the match in the end and it didn't sell out so you might get your "rag" mates taking the mickey out of you but don't get too upset. Anyone else wanna call me a prick or a cunt feel free I'm a big boy and won't shed a tear.
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Rae4685 wrote:Just so were clear as I thought it was made obvious but clearly not. I am Ashtons so called mate who referred to the sheik as the paki on the screen. It was meant as a joke taking the piss out of the stupid dancers on stage at city square by pointing out they were so shit that I was watching the guys (who at first glance weren't exactly recognisable as the sheik etc) getting out of a car. Now if people find it offensive I apologise for them but I grew up in a generation where your local corner shop was called the "paki shop" not because I disliked the guy who owned it or had no respect for him it just wasn't seen as an insulting comment. Now if it makes it offensive because he is not from Pakistan then if someone mistakes my watered down man accent as scouse ( which happens where I work all the time and they call me a scouser) should I kick up a fuss? No I'm not a racist and I'm not going to give u reasons to justify it as simply saying I am NOT a racist justifies in my eyes. I was immediately aware afterwards that it was a dickhead comment to make but it slipped out and I've had much worse words slip out of my mouth in my lifetime and probably will again. Makes me kiss how most of you probably sing Munich songs, chant you fat bastard at players, among other insults at matches. Just for the record IBH obviously I went to the match in the end and it didn't sell out so you might get your "rag" mates taking the mickey out of you but don't get too upset. Anyone else wanna call me a prick or a cunt feel free I'm a big boy and won't shed a tear.

Wasn't really any need for your 'mate' to put it on a City forum & broadcast it all over cyberspace then really was there? What was the fucking point? It's not clever & it's not fucking funny.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Mancityfans.net = all over cyberspace??? Idiot
Rae4685

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:Just so were clear as I thought it was made obvious but clearly not. I am Ashtons so called mate who referred to the sheik as the paki on the screen. It was meant as a joke taking the piss out of the stupid dancers on stage at city square by pointing out they were so shit that I was watching the guys (who at first glance weren't exactly recognisable as the sheik etc) getting out of a car. Now if people find it offensive I apologise for them but I grew up in a generation where your local corner shop was called the "paki shop" not because I disliked the guy who owned it or had no respect for him it just wasn't seen as an insulting comment. Now if it makes it offensive because he is not from Pakistan then if someone mistakes my watered down man accent as scouse ( which happens where I work all the time and they call me a scouser) should I kick up a fuss? No I'm not a racist and I'm not going to give u reasons to justify it as simply saying I am NOT a racist justifies in my eyes. I was immediately aware afterwards that it was a dickhead comment to make but it slipped out and I've had much worse words slip out of my mouth in my lifetime and probably will again. Makes me kiss how most of you probably sing Munich songs, chant you fat bastard at players, among other insults at matches. Just for the record IBH obviously I went to the match in the end and it didn't sell out so you might get your "rag" mates taking the mickey out of you but don't get too upset. Anyone else wanna call me a prick or a cunt feel free I'm a big boy and won't shed a tear.

Wasn't really any need for your 'mate' to put it on a City forum & broadcast it all over cyberspace then really was there? What was the fucking point? It's not clever & it's not fucking funny.

no its not, but no need to carry it on?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby blootoof » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Rae4685 wrote:Mancityfans.net = all over cyberspace??? Idiot

People at City read these forums. More than ever these days.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

this whole thread needs to be erased..it's like stepping back into the dark days of the 80s..makes me cringe
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Rae4685 wrote:Mancityfans.net = all over cyberspace??? Idiot

So you are as thick as I thought you were.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

this whole thread needs to be erased..it's like stepping back into the dark days of the 80s..makes me cringe

I agree entirely. This shit will come up randomly when people are searching different subjects & is an insult to the usual quality of this forum & our supporters.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Mods lock please its gettin out of hand.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:47 pm

I did not post the comment on here and wouldn't of done! I was merely trying to explain that it wasn't made in the manner of which it has been interpreted! Delete the thread FFS!!! It's gone way over the top
Rae4685

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm

Sorry I defended you Rae, I really went into bat for you
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lee_R » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm

The way this thread has gone on is pathetic. There was always going to be a response to ashtons inappropriate message and it should have been delt with a long time ago.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 am

Damn Engies ruining the thread, please lock it Finnies :D
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 am

No mods on site right now
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:30 am

johnpb78 wrote:No mods on site right now

More are needed then as this thread is a disgrace.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 am

[youtube]2lTB1pIg1y0[/youtube]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 am

Come on people! Black, white, red or Pakistani - we all come from the punani.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum