Gareth Barry looking to lay down marker

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gareth Barry looking to lay down marker

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Gareth Barry believes that the Blues can put down an early marker should they beat Liverpool tonight.

After the fixture computer threw both clubs two opening fixtures against genuine top four rivals, a haul of four points would be considered a fine start by either manager Roberto Mancini or Roy Hodgson.

And Barry is banking on home advantage and an electric CoMs atmosphere helping the Blues send out of message of intent.

“We have made a decent start with two clean sheets and a win away in Europe. As a unit we have been very solid,” declared the England international.

“This is a chance to put a marker down even though it is another tough game for us.

"I suppose ourselves and Liverpool could
be said to have had the hardest starts
in terms of fixtures and this is a huge
game at any time of the season"

“We have each seen Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs all get out of the blocks fairly quickly so we want to keep pace.

“We are going to be right up for the challenge and I am sure our fans are too. After the draw at Spurs – which was a great point in the end - this is a chance to show everyone what we are all about. If we win it will be a great start for us.”

There could be two home debuts this evening with James Milner and Mario Balotelli both anxious to get the nod from boss Mancini.

Barry believes both will have a major impact on the season ahead.

“James is another great addition to the squad,” he said of his former Villa and current England teammate.

“I am looking forward to seeing him again. What he will bring to the pitch will improve us again. If you look in our changing room there is quality all over the place and James’ arrival just adds to the competition that you need to drive you on and make you better.

“As for Mario he was straight into the action in Romania; fans got on his back, he was booked and he scored. I think he is an exciting and welcome addition to the Premier League.

“It is a challenge now just to get into our 18 never mind the starting eleven. We are a tight unit and respect each other we are all friends and rivals that is how it has to be.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Gareth Barry looking to lay down marker

Postby bluej » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 pm

*Patiently waits for NQDP*
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm

bluej wrote:*Patiently waits for NQDP*

haha

well this is the kind of pointless crap I'm talking about. 'We try to win the next game and we got couple of new lads anxious to play'. Ok then. That was highly informative.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 pm

And yet he laid down a marker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision