Milner and Mario poised for home debuts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Milner and Mario poised for home debuts

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:11 pm

James Milner is standing by to make his debut for City against Liverpool tomorrow evening.

Mario Balotelli should also be available to make his home bow, despite hobbling off against FC Timisoara on Thursday night, though City fans will have to wait for the Premier League home debuts of Aleksandar Kolarov and Jerome Boateng.

The new full-backs are both sidelined with injury and manager Roberto Mancini is also without Wayne Bridge.

Roy Hodgson expects to have Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano back against the Blues, though Joe Cole is suspended.

The Liverpool boss rested Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel and Dirk Kuyt during the first leg Europa League victory over Trabzonspor on Thursday, but is expected to recall the quartet for the visit to the City of Manchester Stadium.

"I think it was important to rest them,” said Hodgson. "All of them played for international teams last Wednesday, then they had to play Arsenal in a very intensive game.

"With another important game on
Thursday and City to come on Monday,
I think it was important we rotated the
players. Fortunately the players I chose
did not let the club down and did a
good job"

City and Liverpool drew both league games last season with a 2-2 draw at Anfield and a dour 0-0 draw in the return match in Manchester.

Blues boss Mancini believes the Merseysiders to provide a stiff test for his side. He said: "Liverpool are a strong team. They did not sell any players from last season.

"We want to win, but I have a lot of respect for them and a lot of respect for Roy Hodgson. It should be a good match."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Milner and Mario poised for home debuts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

From Doug's report, I wouldn't be too sure about Balotelli.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby svengali » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 pm

8 defence minded players it is then.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:26 pm

svengali wrote:8 defence minded players it is then.

I fucking hope not.

At home we should ALWAYS go with an attack minded team...no excuses Mancini !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Return to The Maine Football forum