Abu Dhabi Media Company - Middle East PL Rights

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Abu Dhabi Media Company - Middle East PL Rights

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 pm

So....I finally sorted out the gremlins as did the broadcasters but I am now watching Newcastle vs Aston Villa direct on their website stream.

I have to say it is by far and away the best quality stream I have ever seen. The broadcast has the MOTD commentators....one of the normal leads Guy Mowbray or someone like that with David Pleat as co-commentator.

Very very minimal buffering but even that I have put down to the internet speed in egypt not being wholly reliable. The picture quality is brilliant though and I've got it on the lowest quality setting though so as to compensate for unreliable speed.

I paid $46 for the whole season....so just under 30 quid for the whole premiership season. Previews for all matches and a 45 minute extended highlights reel of every match after the game.

Brilliant value I have to say. I think the online offering has been put together by Abu Dhabi Media and Endemol from what I read previously. If this is the future of watching football, well, it's pretty fucking good.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Abu Dhabi Media Company - Middle East PL Rights

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Too bad the online stuff is available for the middle east only..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

ant london wrote:So....I finally sorted out the gremlins as did the broadcasters but I am now watching Newcastle vs Aston Villa direct on their website stream.

I have to say it is by far and away the best quality stream I have ever seen. The broadcast has the MOTD commentators....one of the normal leads Guy Mowbray or someone like that with David Pleat as co-commentator.

Very very minimal buffering but even that I have put down to the internet speed in egypt not being wholly reliable. The picture quality is brilliant though and I've got it on the lowest quality setting though so as to compensate for unreliable speed.

I paid $46 for the whole season....so just under 30 quid for the whole premiership season. Previews for all matches and a 45 minute extended highlights reel of every match after the game.

Brilliant value I have to say. I think the online offering has been put together by Abu Dhabi Media and Endemol from what I read previously. If this is the future of watching football, well, it's pretty fucking good.

So do they have every PL game ant?
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Craig B » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:50 pm

I haven't paid for ESPN this season but I really wanted to see today's Villa match for pretty obvious reasons. So I went looking for a stream and the one I found is Sopcast on some German (I think) channel called 'Yes' and I have to say it's not missed a beat. Great picture, English commentary, no buffering whatsoever and I've had it on full screen for the whole watch. I'm seriously impressed - makes me wonder if I should scrap Sky as well!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Craig B wrote:I haven't paid for ESPN this season but I really wanted to see today's Villa match for pretty obvious reasons. So I went looking for a stream and the one I found is Sopcast on some German (I think) channel called 'Yes' and I have to say it's not missed a beat. Great picture, English commentary, no buffering whatsoever and I've had it on full screen for the whole watch. I'm seriously impressed - makes me wonder if I should scrap Sky as well!

What and miss Sunday Supplement?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Craig B » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Craig B wrote:I haven't paid for ESPN this season but I really wanted to see today's Villa match for pretty obvious reasons. So I went looking for a stream and the one I found is Sopcast on some German (I think) channel called 'Yes' and I have to say it's not missed a beat. Great picture, English commentary, no buffering whatsoever and I've had it on full screen for the whole watch. I'm seriously impressed - makes me wonder if I should scrap Sky as well!

What and miss Sunday Supplement?

Christ what would I do without it John! Surely somebody must stream that as well? ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
ant london wrote:So....I finally sorted out the gremlins as did the broadcasters but I am now watching Newcastle vs Aston Villa direct on their website stream.

That's what they have said. Came back from holidays yesterday and they showed all the matches and today they showed the 2 matches of today (what a result for Newcastle !). They have 9 channels to cover all matches that are played at the same time (if neccesary). With English commentary and panel (today they had Alan Curbishley) it is an excellent service at a very reasonable price.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby jono1978 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:23 pm

i pay 5pounds a month for sky sports on my mobile its class.
I SAY WHAT I MEEN AND I MEEN WHAT I SAY CITY TILL I DIE
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: the mightey blues
My favourite player is: big dave silva.

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:

Yeah mate, they've got the lot

http://www.en.bpl.admcsport.com/page/Ho ... 61,00.html

I guess you should be able to see the website even if you can't view the content in your country. Honestly it's really bloody good. I was even watching the Man United v Fulham game last night via my vodafone (shame on me) dongle internet thing and it was still pretty good albeit with a touch more bufferination

Now if the clowns who have bought the Egyptian distribution rights for ADMC could actually get their arses in gear and get the fucking smartcards and decoders through Cairo airport customs i might actually be able to watch a game on my television/in the boozer.

This Is Africa
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby razor400 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 am

Do any geeks know if you change you IP to one of the middle east countries?
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum