Adebayor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adebayor

Postby Blue2 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:29 am

More shit stirring from Sky. I have put them right about him not playing on Thursday. They must have missed his assist!

Emmanuel Adebayor insists he will fight to reclaim his starting place at Manchester City under Roberto Mancini.

The Togolese striker emerged off the bench in City's season-opener at Tottenham while he was not involved in their midweek 1-0 Europa League play-off success over Timisoara.
Adebayor has confirmed he met with Italian Mancini following the goalless draw at White Hart Lane to clarify his position at the club.

The 26-year-old does not know whether he will be staying or going come the January transfer window, insisting that for now he is focusing on regain his starting spot.

"I had a chat with the manager after the Spurs game which was good. But managers can change," he told The People.

"Today they love you and then you think you are going to be moving. I don't want to look too far into the future. Who knows? By January maybe the manager will tell me to leave - or maybe I will ask to leave.

"What is important for me is to have clear focus on playing for City and fighting for my place in the team and that is what I intend to do.

"As a footballer you have lots of difficult times. Being sat on the bench for the first game of the season at Tottenham was tough for me and I admit I was a little bit upset."

Awkward
Adebayor concedes he has become an "awkward" player to manage after he was involved in a near-death experience when the Togo team bus he was travelling on was ambushed by gunman en route to the African Nations Cup earlier this year.

An assistant coach and the team's press officer - plus a driver - were killed and Adebayor said he has since re-evaluated what was important to him.

He continued: "I have the chance to be alive when I could have been dead after what happened at the Cup of Nations.

"That experience can maybe make me a bit awkward as I know what I want now. My priority from now on is always going to be my family.

"But, you have to fight for your place. I am very happy to be part of this club and I love the challenge of making it at City.

"Now I'm waiting for my chance. I'm playing for one of the big teams in England and all I need now is to be playing games and scoring goals."
Last edited by Blue2 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Adebayor

Postby bluej » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 am

Blue2 wrote: while he was not involved in their midweek 1-0 Europa League play-off success over Timisoara.

If I don't get a job when I graduate, I'm going into journalism.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 am

What a load of bollocks he fucking played on Thursday. Wrong again!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:35 am

How the fuck can someone be so lazy as to not even check what the team was before putting out a piece that could be read by thousands!!? Someone producing a school newspaper would reasearch better than that. Absolutely pathetic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 am

Iv sent them email for what it's worth. Im sure several blues will have sent them so let's see how long it stays on.
Sister of fu

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:00 pm

They emailed me back saying

Apologies! It has been changed. Just a mix-up in the starting XI in Romania

so I said......

Or just bad journalism yet again making waves with players and making the general public think there are problams at the club.

To which he said.....

Apologies again. It was a research mistake and has been quickly rectified! It was not intentional

At least they replied but they are full of shite!!
Sister of fu

Return to The Maine Football forum