Chelseas First Test...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chelseas First Test...

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:35 pm

We HOPE we will be their first test. If by then they have got used to scoring 4/5/6 goals, I don't fancy our chances.

We will try to stop them scoring, concede one, then fall apart as Mancini tries to change things to chase the game. BOOKMARKED
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:42 pm

johnpb78 wrote:We HOPE we will be their first test. If by then they have got used to scoring 4/5/6 goals, I don't fancy our chances.

We will try to stop them scoring, concede one, then fall apart as Mancini tries to change things to chase the game. BOOKMARKED

John Wigan were the best team for the first 30 mins tonight but when Chelsea scored they fell apart at the seams.I cant wait for them to come to our place and put them under real pressure to see how good they really are as i think their defence has not been tested yet.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:48 pm

gillie wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:We HOPE we will be their first test. If by then they have got used to scoring 4/5/6 goals, I don't fancy our chances.

John Wigan were the best team for the first 30 mins tonight but when Chelsea scored they fell apart at the seams.I cant wait for them to come to our place and put them under real pressure to see how good they really are as i think their defence has not been tested yet.

30 mins is ok, but we can all hold up for a while before we get overwhelmed. The pressure built up on them, and eventually they caved in. I know Anelka's 2nd was offside, etc, but Chelsea were clinical. We need to play from the first minute to try and beat them. Chelsea play against teams who try to stop them winning every week, they know how to handle it.

We will in fact try to defend. One thing I will give les last year, is that he set us out to go and give it to them - it wasn't any surprise we won that day. If we win this time, I will show my arse, because they are better at Mancini's game than Mancini.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:01 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
gillie wrote:

30 mins is ok, but we can all hold up for a while before we get overwhelmed. The pressure built up on them, and eventually they caved in. I know Anelka's 2nd was offside, etc, but Chelsea were clinical. We need to play from the first minute to try and beat them. Chelsea play against teams who try to stop them winning every week, they know how to handle it.

We will in fact try to defend. One thing I will give les last year, is that he set us out to go and give it to them - it wasn't any surprise we won that day. If we win this time, I will show my arse, because they are better at Mancini's game than Mancini.

agreed we cannot sit back and defend as that would be suicidal... but didnt we stuff them 4-2 at their place last year with Mancini in charge?
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Colin the King » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 pm

johnpb78 wrote:We will try to stop them scoring, concede one, then fall apart as Mancini tries to change things to chase the game. BOOKMARKED

Sounds familiar- except we did that very thing twice last season and won both games.

I don't think going at them full pelt from the first minute is the right tactic at all. Being completely defensive isn't the answer either but if you charge at them with full intensity, they'll just sit back and let you do it, knock it around, and when you've run out of energy step into 3rd gear and it's game over.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CityGer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Hhhmm, I'm not convinced by your theory.

A counter argument is that they could be full of confidence and self belief by the time they face us.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
gillie wrote:

agreed we cannot sit back and defend as that would be suicidal... but didnt we stuff them 4-2 at their place last year with Mancini in charge?

Yes, but how that game went 1-1 at half time is going to always be one of footballs enduring mysteries. How Chelsea collapsed after that will always be another of the football mysteries. I just don't understand how it happened. That had to be one of Chelseas unluckiest results EVER

I understand how we beat them at home. We set out to play them at their own game and were better than they were.

One day, I might get used to Mancini's approach and accept that we wont concede, but thats gonna take some time till i'm confident in that approach, because I feel that if we concede, his game plan goes out the window and we have to attack, so why not just attack in the first place?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby branny » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:30 pm

If anything they were the ones that fell apart when we scored (away game).
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 pm

It's true that they could well have 15 points before they visit us, but this is a testament to their own strength rather than the weakness of their opponents.

Looking at those games I'd have us down for 11 points max.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby ashton287 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:46 pm

we should be on 13 points by time we play them and we play wigan the game before so we should go into it off the back of a 4/5-0 win.

I don't think we will lose at home this season atall. so if there on 15 and were on 13 when we play them we go above them.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:01 am

ashton287 wrote:we should be on 13 points by time we play them and we play wigan the game before so we should go into it off the back of a 4/5-0 win.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you cant say shit like that, ur turning into a rag
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 am

Svensational wrote:14/08/10 Chelsea 6 West Brom 0
21/08/10 Wigan 0 Chelsea 6
28/08/10 Chelsea V Stoke
11/09/10 West Ham V Chelsea
19/09/10 Chelsea V Blackpool
25/09/10 Man City V Chelsea

Look at Chelseas first 5 games, they are gonna piss that and be on 15 points when they come to our place. We are gonna be their first real test of football in the new season, they are gonna be used to playing a nice easy 90minutes, easy passing, easy runs, easy goals. Which should hopefully give us a huge advantage against them, as well as being on home turf also.

absolutely right.. however managers if not players are aware of such things.. and we also have an 'easy' run b4 chelsea..
the key thing as you point out though is they have no serious test b4 us!

i think it will be one of the games of the season
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 am

no offence 78 but one of the biggest piles of bullshit posts ever.

get a grip sunshine
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:01 am

ashton287 wrote:we should be on 13 points by time we play them and we play wigan the game before so we should go into it off the back of a 4/5-0 win.

Our biggest tests will be against the lesser teams, can we break them down and win games that in the past we've either drawn or on occasion lost? We can always get motivated for the big games and look good against footballing teams, it's the park the bus crowd that we usually come unstuck against
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 am

StrikeAnywhere wrote:agreed we cannot sit back and defend as that would be suicidal... but didnt we stuff them 4-2 at their place last year with Mancini in charge?

Yes, we did. But we also conceded one against 9 men just a minute after Mancini brought on a defender for a forward.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 pm

johnpb78 wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you cant say shit like that, ur turning into a rag

Mehh, we will all be glory hunting day tripping cunt's in a few years while the rags will be the "real" fans following a shit club down the table, NEVER WAVERING IN THERE UNFLINCHING SUPPORT OF THERE CLUB. Might aswell get a head start.

irblinx wrote:Our biggest tests will be against the lesser teams, can we break them down and win games that in the past we've either drawn or on occasion lost? We can always get motivated for the big games and look good against footballing teams, it's the park the bus crowd that we usually come unstuck against

One player is going to fix this problem single handedly, YAYA TOURE. The thing we lacked last season against these clubs was a midfielder that was going to control the middle of the pitch. With yaya dominating everything milner, silva and johnson will rip these teams apart to create chances for the forwards. Last season these teams got away with this because we had ireland or paddy in the middle.

Disclaimer: I may be talking shit due to over-excitement about the season starting proper tomorrow and an excessive intake of vigra over the last 48 hours.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum