Chris Nield - UNSUNG HERO

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chris Nield - UNSUNG HERO

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 am

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Chris Nield - UNSUNG HERO

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 am

cool read. Sounds like Chris loves his job. Nice. The website/Social Media stuff from City since the Sheik is really good stuff...that investment has been worth it for fans for sure. I LOVE the vid interviews after matches and all the little twitter/FB updates are nice little drips of info.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Gives a real feeling about what clubs have to have as an infrastructure in this day and age. A team of six to look after information management - a few years ago there would have been a Club secretary to do that along with all other administration. In my view we appear in good hands with Gary Cook, who clearly is making City into the kind of club it needs to be behind the scenes if we are to become the biggest and best club in the world. Now all we need is the same on the pitch ...... come on Roberto!!b
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Chatting about City is hard work? Ok then.

Also, if he didn't have that beard, his dad would have to get those pints in.

Just kidding, good read!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Chris Nield used to walk down Portland street on his way to work every day - True story!

(not sure if he still does)
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:45 pm

the lad needs a haircut and a shave....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:47 pm

I wasn't too impressed in all honesty and made comment. He came on here posted a few times and hasn't done much since. However (and yes i do read their site), he seems to post on bluemong a lot more. Yes I know a wider audience but the guy has a job many on here could do standing on his head and shouldn't be selective of the site he uses to make info available.

Remove that beard and he only look 14.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:46 pm

ruralblue wrote:I wasn't too impressed in all honesty and made comment. He came on here posted a few times and hasn't done much since. However (and yes i do read their site), he seems to post on bluemong a lot more. Yes I know a wider audience but the guy has a job many on here could do standing on his head and shouldn't be selective of the site he uses to make info available.

You cant be everywhere at once, but, as you say he hasn't been seen for a very long time round these parts. Suppose some of that is to do with him being called a cunt on several occasions.

And he does need a shave and a hair cut, scruffy cunt :0)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:58 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
ruralblue wrote:I wasn't too impressed in all honesty and made comment. He came on here posted a few times and hasn't done much since. However (and yes i do read their site), he seems to post on bluemong a lot more. Yes I know a wider audience but the guy has a job many on here could do standing on his head and shouldn't be selective of the site he uses to make info available.

You cant be everywhere at once, but, as you say he hasn't been seen for a very long time round these parts. Suppose some of that is to do with him being called a cunt on several occasions.

And he does need a shave and a hair cut, scruffy cunt :0)

ha ha. Yes he can be John, thats his job. Wouldn't take him that long to pop in with little updates.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm

He needs to get his arse in gear and spread himself about a bit more as when he used to post on here i actually thought he was a good bloke and in a roundabout way the way into our club for us mere mortals.

Oh Nield, get a shave lad and a hair cut.If you turn up Thomas Street on the way to Eastlands there is a barbers called Con Hair and its the finest barbers this side of well barber land,you cant go wrong.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 am

...and make sure that City app is developed for android phones too, please.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:47 am

Dameerto wrote:...and make sure that City app is developed for android phones too, please.

Symbian too, sick of all this iphone bias.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 am

lets all have a disco wrote:He needs to get his arse in gear and spread himself about a bit more as when he used to post on here i actually thought he was a good bloke and in a roundabout way the way into our club for us mere mortals.

True enough, he could post a bit more equally around the forums. However, that said, I know that on the occasions when people (including once myself) have got in touch with him via PM or Twitter or whatever with a question/request for input/lead into the club he's been on the money and pretty sharpish.

Just because his job is social media I don't think that automatically translates into posting on forums all the time.....browsing them and harvesting from them in terms of feedback etc yes but not necessarily posting.

I maybe wrong though
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 am

He came on here saying he would be our voice, then disappeared forever to his twitters or whatever.

Has he told us why the ticketing system has gone down the pan and when it will be fixed?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:37 am

john@staustell wrote:He came on here saying he would be our voice, then disappeared forever to his twitters or whatever.

Has he told us why the ticketing system has gone down the pan and when it will be fixed?

spot on. on both accounts.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
john@staustell wrote:He came on here saying he would be our voice, then disappeared forever to his twitters or whatever.

Maybe he thought we were all cunts on here
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:58 am

Very true. He claims to be the voice of the fans then vanishes! He last logged on here in February and hasn't actually posted since January.

Piss poor really.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:05 am

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Maybe he thought we were all cunts on here

That's alright then.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

A mate of mine and me said the same thing "Why does that 12yo have a beard stuck to his face?"
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum