Balotelli promises more of the same

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Balotelli promises more of the same

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:15 am

Mario Balotelli is ready and raring to go if selected against Liverpool on Monday night.

And the Italian who scored the winning goal in Timisoara on Thursday has promised his all-action performance will be a regular event not a one-off.

"I feel good, this is the kind of debut I dreamed of,” he said after the win in Romania before adding that he had no complaints about being on the bench alongside Shaun Wright-Phillips, Adam Johnson and former teammate at Inter Patrick Vieira.

“I was not expecting to play from the start; the important thing was to play a bit because I have not played at all in the pre-season.”

The 20-year-old, signed only a week ago, sparked worries amongst fans and staff alike when he spent more than 10 minutes receiving treatment behind the goal in Timisoara.

He left the playing arena long after the rest of the City players but today the bruises, bumps and soreness have mostly subsided.

“My right leg aches a bit,” he admitted. “I think it may be a cartilage thing, the problem is I do not have much muscle on this side. It was not the result of a tackle, nobody touched me, I simply overextended the knee.

"It is a little bit of a problem, but I’m
sure it will go away fast, I will be
available against Liverpool"

“These are the very first games we are playing together, but we’ll get better and better as a team and I will continue to show up.”

Boss Roberto Mancini was perhaps the least shocked man in Manchester colours at the impact Balotelli had from the left flank.

“He is young and eager and has a lot of talent,” he praised. “He did well when he came on but that is not a surprise. I thought Gareth Barry and David Silva did well too before they came off. The players who were at the World Cup still need time.”

Now Mancini must decide whether Balotelli and the newest of the new boys James Milner start in Monday’s home opener against Liverpool or whether they will be on the bench.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Balotelli promises more of the same

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:09 am

I wonder why he's only got muscles on one side? Must make him run funny.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I wonder why he's only got muscles on one side? Must make him run funny.

Reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch when I was younger, Captain Tsubasa, where one of the main characters, in the latest series, goes to play at Juventus (although the club has a different name in the cartoon) and the medicals show he is extremely one sided muscle-wise, as he always uses his right side of the body when playing and thus had only strenghtened that side in the years, lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Like Kermes the Javelin thrower from Asterix and Obelix.

[youtube]2QCY6o-rgF4[/youtube]
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:48 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I wonder why he's only got muscles on one side? Must make him run funny.

Reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch when I was younger, Captain Tsubasa, where one of the main characters, in the latest series, goes to play at Juventus (although the club has a different name in the cartoon) and the medicals show he is extremely one sided muscle-wise, as he always uses his right side of the body when playing and thus had only strenghtened that side in the years, lol.

On the strength of that I think I'll stick with English and US cartoons ...... ;-)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby OKSTATE99 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 pm

irblinx wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

On the strength of that I think I'll stick with English and US cartoons ...... ;-)

Thats right.. go SpongeBob Square Pants!!
OKSTATE99
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: James Milner

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm

OKSTATE99 wrote:
irblinx wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Thats right.. go SpongeBob Square Pants!!

Thankfully never seen that either
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Sorry if spoken about but is he the next ETO'O ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

irblinx wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Ahahah, the crazy thing is that it was taken from a Japanese comix...can you imagine the Japanese national team winning the World Cup? Well, that happened there, lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum