Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:05 pm

TimberJoeysChainsaw wrote:he's trying to endear himself to the Villa fans and in truth is probably a little bit right..the younger kids at City have an 'attitude' (which i don't think is just a City problem) that wasn't there when Cassell and Gibson were in charge (Ireland and Richards only became a bit bling after they had broken into the first team)

I know the popular opinion is that Jim Cassell can do no wrong but let's not forget that the likes of Joey Barton, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Micah and Danny Sturridge came through under him. We have been producing arrogant big time charlies for years and Stevie himself was no modest little choir boy when he came through either, the boing started way before he'd played 200 Prem games
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ashton287 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 pm

irblinx wrote:
TimberJoeysChainsaw wrote:he's trying to endear himself to the Villa fans and in truth is probably a little bit right..the younger kids at City have an 'attitude' (which i don't think is just a City problem) that wasn't there when Cassell and Gibson were in charge (Ireland and Richards only became a bit bling after they had broken into the first team)

I know the popular opinion is that Jim Cassell can do no wrong but let's not forget that the likes of Joey Barton, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Micah and Danny Sturridge came through under him. We have been producing arrogant big time charlies for years and Stevie himself was no modest little choir boy when he came through either, the boing started way before he'd played 200 Prem games

funny how he's talking shit about kids with ten grand watches when he was driving round in a pink fucking range rover.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm

john68 wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:I agree that he was unceremoniously, but I don't agree with his assessment of the club.
Especially how he feels about Mancini; a manager is supposed to keep the players on their
toes not be their best buddy!! Roberto knows he is going to take stick from them the
moment he comes out with the squad sheet for the next match.

And what does training hard have to do with performance on the field. Even that Souse
Georgie Best could perform brilliantly after drinking himself unconscious the night before
the match.

I find it hard to believe that living in the States, you have a better insight into the day to day interpersoanl relationships at City than someone who has been involved within the club since being a juvenile.
This lack of belief is compounded by the fact that your geographical knowledge of Britain doesn't go far enough to discern the difference between Ulster and Liverpool.
Whatever emotions or motives that drove Ireland to make his statements, whether we like it or not, Ireland does have a long term inside knowledge of our club.
The same applies to Bellamy.

He also has an axe to grind.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum