Ireland Speaks Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland Speaks Out

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 am

craigmcfc wrote:It's his birthday today bless him. Just a week ago we'd all have been wishing him all the best

Ill wish him a happy one. Happy birthday stevie. Hope you get your head on straight and find someplace you can excel. I don't begrudge him his words to the press. He's just frustrated, hurt and prollee a touch embarrassed about not being part of our plans. It seemed so unlikely that this was the outcome some 20 months ago. Press on stevie and good luck.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:58 am

Happy birthday Stevie....I wish you all the best but I think you're acting like a twat currently.

You also need to give your head a wobble and try to re-connect with reality....I mean what was he on previously? 20k a week.....only just starting to earn decent money...fucking idiot

"I was City's Player of the Year last season and things went well for me, so I earned the right to be paid the same as most of the other players who were in the team around me every week.

"A lot of my team-mates were on much bigger money than me at City for a long time and I'd say I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so. People like Micah Richards and Michael Johnson earned more than me at times when they were not even in the first eleven."
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Guy Debord » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:07 pm

54 min: If anything, Newcastle are only going to add to their total. After last week's shellacking of West Ham, this has been a gruelling hour or so for Villa. Maybe James Milner was important after all - Ireland has been utterly bypassed in the middle.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby 13021J » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm

After his performance today Mancini looks justified to dump him.

I know they are not like-for-like players but Milner has so much more influence on a game. If Stevie isn't in his 'preferred position' and on form then he can be anonymous.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Completely anonymous except for several runs out of the picture, leaving the midfield over-run. Much like ours was when he played. Did someone say he will be a world-beater earlier this week? I'm sure they did.

And just for good measure Dunnie did a complete airshot clearance for the 3rd Toon goal. And tripped Smith in a very very dodgy position, missed by the ref.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:50 pm

13021J wrote:After his performance today Mancini looks justified to dump him.

I know they are not like-for-like players but Milner has so much more influence on a game. If Stevie isn't in his 'preferred position' and on form then he can be anonymous.

I agree. If you look at our signings they can play in a number of positions. The likes of Ireland can't.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum