Ireland Speaks Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland Speaks Out

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Is the smarmy cunt still at it? Anyone else read his posts & imagine him speaking in that sort of slimy nasal twang like Lloyd Grossman?

I just had a quick look through the post history. He defends everything, its almost as though he wants to start an argument with anybody who disagrees in any way with the players, the club, etc etc. It must just be the way they are media fed in the US, most are too stupid to form their own opinions.

And I also found a post where he told me to take a bungee jump with a defective cord. I forgot that one.To think I was even entertaining his shit. Debate over.

Wooooh, you must have upset him, that's probably a really mean insult amongst his Llloyd Grossman & Lionel Blair type restaraunt crew.

He had a sense of humour failure because I said that our 2nd half performance vs Burnley was shit.

NB, Can a mod change the spell checker to a proper one, i'm fucking sick of being told my spelling of anything ending in "our" or "ise" is wrong. In fact, aside from one or two, can we just ban Americans.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:15 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I thought I told him to fuck off ages ago.

Yes, and as you can see, that failed just like most of your arguments.

I dont know....I called you a fucking wanker and it seemed to get the green light from all and sundry.........I reckon that argument won the day.

Yes Carl. It doesn't really matter. You have about as much clout with me, as a cripple in a bar brawl. Understand? Good boy.

I bet your a real life 5 times a day wanker.......under your neville duvet.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:21 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I thought I told him to fuck off ages ago.

Yes, and as you can see, that failed just like most of your arguments.

I dont know....I called you a fucking wanker and it seemed to get the green light from all and sundry.........I reckon that argument won the day.

Yes Carl. It doesn't really matter. You have about as much clout with me, as a cripple in a bar brawl. Understand? Good boy.

I bet your a real life 5 times a day wanker.......under your neville duvet.

Leave it out chief, he is a city follower
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:27 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:Really? I did not know that, and the reason I used it is because over on this side of the pond, American City fans use that word without discretion, for probably the same reason (i.e. they have no clue it's an insult).

Speak for yourself.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 am

Michigan Blue wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:Really? I did not know that, and the reason I used it is because over on this side of the pond, American City fans use that word without discretion, for probably the same reason (i.e. they have no clue it's an insult).

Speak for yourself.

Thank you
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 am

Michigan Blue wrote:

Speak for yourself.

I do, Michigan man. Too bad you're not even close to being the only American City fan, by a long shot.

As for "defending" myself, or starting arguments (speaking to another comment in this thread), I simply try to defend players against unreasonable, insane attacks. It's not my fault that most here can't reason well, is it?

ps- How is Rich Rodriguez doing for you? Any more violations coming? How about another 3-9 season?
Citeh&Crew

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:53 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:
Nutzer wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:It's funny.. when I first decided to follow City, years ago, we as fans were happy to even compete with the big boys. We took pride in our Academy hopes, and blue collar attitude. And during that time, I emotionally, and erroneously formed an opinion that English fans were sophisticated and knowledgeable about their sport, than Americans were about their sports (e.g. American football, baseball, basketball).

Boy was I wrong.

As it turns out, English fans can be just as myopic, vitriolic, and STUPID as we "Yanks", and this thread proves it 100-fold.

You fools read Ireland's statements, but refuse to understand. There is more to what he is saying than penetrates you pint-guzzling, mince-pie eating fat-arses. Instead, you'd rather rip on his physical appearance; twist his words on how he was treated; or attempt to create a false argument concerning his opinion of money and young players. (Here is a hint for your dense bastards: Just because Stevie has some "bling", doesn't invalidate that many young players are morons when it comes to managing their new-found riches)

I've got news for you, you self confessed "myopic, vitriolic and STUPID Yank". We English fans didn't DECIDE to follow City, we just do because we love the club. I've loved this club for a very long time and I do not appreciate being called a "dense bastard", a "pint-guzzling, mince-pie eating fat-arse" because I feel aggrieved that a player leaving took our money but neither produced the goods nor cared that he didn't.
P.S. That's an example of how to state your opinion without resorting to name-calling, other than quoting you.

Ahh, yes. You see, the "vitriol" is one of the few things that actually gets attention here. It seems that reason in dialogue rarely seems to be returned, when one tries. Thanks for proving my point, you "pint-guzzling fat-arsed jackass". Are you bald too? Because in that case, maybe I should call you a "turtle-head" and say, "oi yer bald! oi oi yer going bald". (What the hell is that anyway? Is it some kind of f-ed up dialect of english?)

Case-in-point: How many times have fans called Stevie, Dunne, Bellamy or even Tevez (albeit briefly) a "cunt" and/or told him to "fuck off", among other insults, when they have had a dispute with club or manager? It doesn't even take much to set some of the "mongs" off. It could be simply, for example, Tevez complaining about 2x training days in the middle of the season.

Anyway, I am simply calling things as I see it. Steven said some negative things about the club, and in retrospect, I don't blame him given how the club has morphed over the past three years. Fans generally don't want to examine both sides of the coin, and people in this thread prove it well.

Yes you do, I love ironic posts.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:04 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:ps- How is Rich Rodriguez doing for you? Any more violations coming? How about another 3-9 season?

How's he doing for "me"?

Didn't go to U of M. Don't follow the team. Don't particularly care.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:31 am

Ireland has actually taken a pay cut to revive his flagging career. His wages at Villa are £60,000-a-week compared with the £70,000 he pocketed at moneybags City.

And, aside doing an enormous amount of unsung charity work – he helped fund a children’s hospice in Manchester – Ireland argues at City he was a relatively low earner.

He went on: “I never earned good money there. I was on decent money for one year only – whereas the likes of Micah Richards and Michael Johnson were on that years before me.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... y-grabber/
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:39 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Ireland has actually taken a pay cut to revive his flagging career. His wages at Villa are £60,000-a-week compared with the £70,000 he pocketed at moneybags City.

And, aside doing an enormous amount of unsung charity work – he helped fund a children’s hospice in Manchester – Ireland argues at City he was a relatively low earner.

He went on: “I never earned good money there. I was on decent money for one year only – whereas the likes of Micah Richards and Michael Johnson were on that years before me.”

hence the 2 million compensation being the thing that held up the deal ?

Its well known that he wanted/got compo to make up for his lost wages
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:57 am

Just call your wages (lack of) performance related pay Stevie - since your one year of decent money kind of matches nicely with your one year of decent effort.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 am

The dumbass from Ohio isn't your typical American and doesn't speak for anyone this side of the pond.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:10 am

JamieMCFC wrote:The dumbass from Ohio isn't your typical American and doesn't speak for anyone this side of the pond.

That's right.. keep slagging to make yourself look good.

At least I argue my own battles, and stick with my views/ethics without sucking up to others, in order to gain "cred".

What have you contributed in terms of a reasoned out argument? Vitriol against people from Ohio? Really? And you live in Minneapolis, which is also considered the midwest. How often do you stick your foot in your mouth?

Michigan Blue wrote:
How's he doing for "me"?

Didn't go to U of M. Don't follow the team. Don't particularly care.

My fault then. Was hoping for some good natured banter about The Game, but so be it.
Citeh&Crew

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Ireland has actually taken a pay cut to revive his flagging career. His wages at Villa are £60,000-a-week compared with the £70,000 he pocketed at moneybags City.

This moment that his apologists say he made his comments in the heat of seems to be going on for quite some time
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 am

Bluez wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bluez wrote:This is just a very sad episode. Ireland has always been one of my favourite players but even I was saying he should go. I think the most pertinant thing I heard from the club was that on ability he was one of the top 5 in the club, on mental strength he was bottom five. Unfortunately where we are going we need mental strength as well. Never mind that he has struggled to perform regularly for a number of city managers, and his best season was under one he later slagged of for not having confidence in him. But he also messed up with Ireland and that is a completely different set up where he again failed to shine.
He just has to go onto the long list of players that didn't fulfil thier potential. I am not going to hold his comments against him, as I think he is just very insecure and is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Good luck Stevie,

Good post mate, but you couldn't be more wrong with the part I highlighted.

You are probably more in teh know as to what happened there, I was always under the impression there was some form of bullying and he couldn't handle it. What really happened?

Good post Bluez, at least someone is still on topic(albeit two pages back). I believe some of the lads pinned him down in the changerooms and tried to pull his wig off(which was obviously plugs) and being the sensitive soul he is I think he reacted in a way that made it hard to walk back in. All conjecture in reality, I think you'd have to know what's going on in his head to truly know.

Anyways, the bustling goal against Arsenal, the volley against Reading and again against Liverpool, some of the loveliest intricate play we have seen any player in a City shirt pull off, let alone attempt. Great moments, great memories. Good luck Stevie.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 am

Stephen Ireland has said his continued exile from the Irish team is "nobody's fault but my own" -- however, he is unlikely to change his mind about his early international retirement.

Despite describing his first meeting with Giovanni Trapattoni as "bizarre" and saying he would have found it easier to return if Steve Staunton was still in charge, Ireland accepted much of the blame for the manner of his exit.

"It's not Trapattoni's fault. It's no one's fault but my own. If I want to go back, he told me the door was open but I guess I'll take the blame on that."

Ireland, who is expected to make his Aston Villa debut against Newcastle today, also once again criticised the FAI for their handling of players from outside Dublin.

"I never had a problem with the game. I loved the buzz around the games, seeing all the fans on the bus, that kind of thing. It was the nine days, ten days before the game I didn't enjoy. I only played six games but after my first game I knew it wasn't for me. I knew I couldn't deal with it.

"I think it was all down to the treatment I got as a kid. The FAI never looked after the lads outside of Dublin. Even now, I was looking at the squads underage now and I think 98 per cent of them are from Dublin. It was exactly the same way when I was growing up. We didn't get looked after."

During his unveiling as an Aston Villa player on Friday, Ireland said he was "always open to a conversation" with the FAI but in a more detailed discussion about his international situation with Sunday newspapers later in the day, he said it was "out of my hands, my decision has already been made".

So City were trying to get rid of him for several years & he won't play for Ireland because they don't look after him properly as he's not from Dublin. This is of course a perfecly normal thought process.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:55 am

It's his birthday today bless him. Just a week ago we'd all have been wishing him all the best
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:58 am

craigmcfc wrote:It's his birthday today bless him. Just a week ago we'd all have been wishing him all the best

He couldn't ask for a better present than a game against the slowest most inept midfield in the league.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:It's his birthday today bless him. Just a week ago we'd all have been wishing him all the best

He couldn't ask for a better present than a game against the slowest most inept midfield in the league.

mancityfans.net 5 a side team?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

mancityfans.net 5 a side team?

I bet they'd give Barton a 10 yard start & still get to the ball before him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum