Ireland Speaks Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland Speaks Out

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm

[youtube]F8hDj2uj2CQ[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Ireland Speaks Out

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:47 pm

'At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.'

Exactly how it looked when he came on as sub, rather than trying to fight, he couldn't be arsed & it was evident when he watched Scholes score the winner for the rags. How much time was wasted on this wanker last season?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:50 pm

a few points for clarification stevie:

1. city are all bling bling then, with 10 watches on. Do any have audi supercars pimped up to shite as well or pink fucking range rovers?

2. city want to be champions overnight...no, it's a project and it is doing well; you're just not part of it anymore. The investm,ent is clearly long term. Overnight? eh?

3. can't think of a 3rd point.

good luck stevie.

new song: Yaya is Superman, Yaya is Superman, Yaya is Superman, etc.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Lee_R » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Just read this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html

Ireland joined Villa as part of the deal that saw Milner move to big-spending City, with the 23-year-old believing he was not given a fair chance under manager Roberto Mancini.

He said: "I did feel unwanted at Manchester City.

"I was banging my head against a brick wall despite what I had done in training.

"I just went with the reserves, worked hard in the gym and kept as active as possible.

"Without a shadow of doubt the situation I found myself in will happen a lot at Manchester City with all the high-profile players they have at the club.

"At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.

"I'm still young and hopefully Villa will get the best of me and I am now looking forward to the season."

The Republic of Ireland player, who is set to make his Villa debut against Newcastle on Sunday, his 24th birthday, has also warned Milner he may have to get used to not being a certain starter with City.

Mancini has a host of world-class players to call on and Ireland said of Milner: "I can see why he wanted to go to Manchester City.

"He can see the attraction of the move and the opportunity to become more established and become a superstar.

"But he faces a challenge of holding down a regular first-team place.

"I may have been forced out but I couldn't be more happy to be at Aston Villa.

"Richard Dunne is a good example of what can happen after leaving Manchester City to join Villa.

"A year on I can see how happy he is at Villa and I'm hoping that I will be as happy in a year's time.

"Richard was a huge part of Manchester City and it was a great shock to see him leave.

"It was as big a shock to him as everyone else but he could not have come to a better club as he proved with his performances last season.

"For me this is a positive, as this is exactly I want it to be."

Villa's caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald is delighted to have Ireland on board.

MacDonald knows the attributes of Ireland as well as anyone, having coached him when he was the assistant to the then Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton.

MacDonald, who is still refusing to be drawn on whether he wants to succeed Martin O'Neill on a permanent basis in the Villa Park hot-seat, said: "Stephen Ireland is a very talented player. He is different from James Milner who is a power player.

"James has the drive to break the game up. He probably doesn't get into the box as much as Stephen Ireland. I think he glides across the pitch.

"I remember the first time I saw him training with the Republic of Ireland.

"I just thought I hadn't seen the kid before. He glides past people and rides tackles easily.

"His awareness of where his team-mates are on the pitch is fantastic and his choice on the weight of pass is one of his real plusses."

As for his own future, MacDonald added: "It's been nice so far but I am a reasonably intelligent man that I would know whether to accept or decline the job.

"I have no problem with the timescale as Mr Lerner (Villa's owner Randy Lerner) will be looking seriously at what he wants to do."

'At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost'

That'll be why he needed to leave then^.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby s1ty m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:'At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost.'

Exactly how it looked when he came on as sub, rather than trying to fight, he couldn't be arsed & it was evident when he watched Scholes score the winner for the rags. How much time was wasted on this wanker last season?

The single worst moment of last season for me and it is squarely on the little bleeder.
s1ty m

Postby s1ty m » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Lee_R wrote:Just read this.

'At Manchester City sitting on the bench I didn't feel part of the team. I was neither happy or sad if we lost'

Terrible attitude.
s1ty m

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:00 pm

If ever Superman was a misnomer its here. "One season wonder man with a shit attitude and butterflies in his brain" fits better I think.

Wish him well at Villa, but seeing the contents of that interview is it any wonder with that attitude, why Mancini wanted him out?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:02 pm

s1ty m wrote:a few points for clarification stevie:

1. city are all bling bling then, with 10 watches on. Do any have audi supercars pimped up to shite as well or pink fucking range rovers?

As you said unfortunately he's not bright enough to realise that having the shockingly pimped supercars and the massive fish tank is exactly the same as "10 watches". Those comments haven't done him any favours or removed the thought that he really is as daft as a brush
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Just read this.

Terrible attitude.

I said before he left that he couldn't be arsed. Couldn't be arsed playing well, couldn't be arsed tracking Scholes, couldn't be arsed full stop. Thank you, and fuck off you whinging cunt.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh and the attitude he had whilst on the bench really is appalling and I can now completely understand why Roberto didn't want him around the place - and I never thought I'd say that
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Fuck off Ireland you tosser
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:12 pm

I want to hear the pro Ireland brigade defend THAT FUCKING STATEMENT
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby halnone » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 pm

what a cunt. Hopefully his attitude didn't rub off on the other players.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:17 pm

halnone wrote:what a cunt. Hopefully his attitude didn't rub off on the other players.

About 18 months ago I saw him out at Pizza Hut with Elano, Jo and Robinho but I don't think anything came of it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:a few points for clarification stevie:

As you said unfortunately he's not bright enough to realise that having the shockingly pimped supercars and the massive fish tank is exactly the same as "10 watches". Those comments haven't done him any favours or removed the thought that he really is as daft as a brush

Thick as pig shit I'd say.

Jesus, Steven Ireland having a go at people for being overly 'blinged'. That's like...well, take your pick.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: us

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:40 pm

im glad he has come out and said this stuff as it will now put to bed the lingering idea that it was a bad move to get rid.

I still wish him well at Villa it is probably his right level. My take is that he basically didn't like the changes going on at City and the, for once, real push for success and all that goes with that.. more professional and to some extent ruthless culture.. oh and the superstar bling. Joke. He probably wished it would have stayed as it was.. and as they say you have to be careful what you wish for.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm

I truly think Ireland is one of the best players I have seen when he is on his game. I really thought we had a marriage made in heaven with him and Tevez, but it never happened.

Good luck Stevie, no hard feelings, hope your gran is OK.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mike J » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I want to hear the pro Ireland brigade defend THAT FUCKING STATEMENT

i cant. fucking moronic thing to say. stupid nob.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby shawzy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 pm

75k aweek and a homegrown Blue but he doesnt care whether we win or lose? What a knob.
shawzy

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Guy Debord » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Lee_R wrote:

Exactly.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum