Jo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Looks like he's in the gaffers plans, if he wasn't he wouldn't have got on tonight, bringing him on will now decrease his value if we look to sell him to a side in Europe.

I reckon he will be staying for the season and get a second chance as back up.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Jo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

He looks good one minute & shite the next but he's got talent & he's trying. Loved it when he beat a couple of men, did a few step overs & passed the ball straight to the oppo running the other way! Pure Jo. Hope he makes it personally. I like it when wankers reform. Wish Robinho would do the same.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm

I hope he has a good season with us - he earned consideration with his preseason efforts.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 pm

I don't even want to talk about it..
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Svensational wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Looks like he's in the gaffers plans, if he wasn't he wouldn't have got on tonight, bringing him on will now decrease his value if we look to sell him to a side in Europe.

I reckon he will be staying for the season and get a second chance as back up.

Do you mean increase?

Nope because he will be cup-tied in Europe now, therefore will be less valuable if we're looking to sell.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Look Mum: Redux » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Yeah I think he's down as 4th choice striker now. I can't really see anyone coming in.
Look Mum: Redux
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He looks good one minute & shite the next but he's got talent & he's trying. Loved it when he beat a couple of men, did a few step overs & passed the ball straight to the oppo running the other way! Pure Jo. Hope he makes it personally. I like it when wankers reform. Wish Robinho would do the same.

Ted could you please explain when JO was shite? Or when he was good ? Because i can only remember Jo playing good to ok for city. I can't actually recall a game when Jo was the worst player on the field.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:21 am

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He looks good one minute & shite the next but he's got talent & he's trying. Loved it when he beat a couple of men, did a few step overs & passed the ball straight to the oppo running the other way! Pure Jo. Hope he makes it personally. I like it when wankers reform. Wish Robinho would do the same.

Ted could you please explain when JO was shite? Or when he was good ? Because i can only remember Jo playing good to ok for city. I can't actually recall a game when Jo was the worst player on the field.

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 am

zuricity wrote: I can't actually recall a game when Jo was the worst player on the field.

What....The....Fuck?

Try every game he played bar that 2 goal one in the Europa
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby kinkylola » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 am

didn't he play in the same side as gelson? so right then you know he couldn't have been the worst
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
zuricity wrote: I can't actually recall a game when Jo was the worst player on the field.

What....The....Fuck?

He was excellent in Portsmouth 6-0.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 am

I thought he was left out of the Europa 25man squad?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:19 am

Wooders wrote:I thought he was left out of the Europa 25man squad?

No he's in. The 1st squad shown was a load of bollocks & unless we sign a striker or 2 this month he'll deffo be in the PL squad too.

The thing is, he was a really promising player before we signed him & Mancini will have been impressed, as I was, with his showing v Inter. Also, Sven & Mancini are big mates so it's not impossible that it was Mancini who recommended him to Sven. I mentioned on here weeks ago that I thought Mancini would want to have a look at him before making a decision.

As he seems to be knuckling down & putting the work in rather than being a slapped arse, getting pissed & being late for training, we may start to see some of his undoubted talent, which had him lined up to be Brazil's centre forward.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

What....The....Fuck?

Especially Hull at home when we won 5-1. He came on as a sub and despite us being up by a few goals at the time nearly got booed he was that bad, he kept falling over at the slightest touch and looking as though he was trying to avoid the ball. No doubt it was a confidence issue, but he was terrible.

Glad to see him get another chance though, he is not and never was a "main" striker and should never have been used as such by Hughes and Moyes. Maybe we will get to see him played as he should be, and he might look a different player
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Fish111 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

Still got a few days til the window closes so i wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, and i wouldn't be sad either.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

What....The....Fuck?

Especially Hull at home when we won 5-1. He came on as a sub and despite us being up by a few goals at the time nearly got booed he was that bad, he kept falling over at the slightest touch and looking as though he was trying to avoid the ball. No doubt it was a confidence issue, but he was terrible.

Glad to see him get another chance though, he is not and never was a "main" striker and should never have been used as such by Hughes and Moyes. Maybe we will get to see him played as he should be, and he might look a different player

Imo whether he's a main striker or not, if you get asked to play that position, you try to learn it & do it rather than giving the ball away chucking yourself on the floor. It would have been the making of Jo as a PL footballer if he'd shown the commitment to get stuck in & learn that position, it would add to his game wherever he played. The fact that he didn't try is a weakness in him rather than a fault in Moyes or Hughes. He looks to me now that he's learned his lesson & would at least try to do the job if asked rather than just giving up. Ireland may find he has to learn the same attitude if he wants to stay at the top.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

What....The....Fuck?

Imo whether he's a main striker or not, if you get asked to play that position, you try to learn it & do it rather than giving the ball away chucking yourself on the floor. It would have been the making of Jo as a PL footballer if he'd shown the commitment to get stuck in & learn that position, it would add to his game wherever he played. The fact that he didn't try is a weakness in him rather than a fault in Moyes or Hughes. He looks to me now that he's learned his lesson & would at least try to do the job if asked rather than just giving up. Ireland may find he has to learn the same attitude if he wants to stay at the top.

I agree with most of what you say, but the lad came into the EPL as a very young, raw talent. It was said by most on here during his initial spell that he would need time to adjust, and I think that is what we found. Not only did he have to adapt to probably the most physical league in the world, but he needed to adapt to the pace of the game here which saw defenders snapping at his heels the minute he touched the ball, and then to top it all, to lead the line at the richest club in the world in a role completely unfamiliar to him.

Looking back, I can almost feel a sympathy with all that. Granted, his attitude was not correct, and maybe now we will see the benefits if he has indeed learned from his mistakes and got his head around the pace and physical aspect of the game. I must admit, he does seem to have beefed up a little since last time we saw him play for us, so here's hoping we can turn this one round. Bobby thinks so, and i'd like to hope his judgement is correct.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wooders wrote:I thought he was left out of the Europa 25man squad?

No he's in. The 1st squad shown was a load of bollocks & unless we sign a striker or 2 this month he'll deffo be in the PL squad too.

The thing is, he was a really promising player before we signed him & Mancini will have been impressed, as I was, with his showing v Inter. Also, Sven & Mancini are big mates so it's not impossible that it was Mancini who recommended him to Sven. I mentioned on here weeks ago that I thought Mancini would want to have a look at him before making a decision.

As he seems to be knuckling down & putting the work in rather than being a slapped arse, getting pissed & being late for training, we may start to see some of his undoubted talent, which had him lined up to be Brazil's centre forward.

Ahh right cheers -
yes I agree, if he knuckles down and works hard and gets his career back on track then he'll be worth giving a second chance to I am sure.
Not even being worth 2 million when you were one of footballs hottest properties 2 seasons ago must have been a real shock
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 am

Although I think Jo is a sideshow bob turnip...he did score 40+ goals in 70+ games for CSKA so perhaps he's not a total tool
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:45 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Although I think Jo is a sideshow bob turnip...he did score 40+ goals in 70+ games for CSKA so perhaps he's not a total tool

haha top avatar.....
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum