Lescott

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lescott

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

No idea what he would have been like if a quick winger had been running at him but the only time he gave the ball away tonight was when he crossed it. His 1st touch & ball retention was superb & he was a class above Bridge. Also better at set pieces of course. If he can repeat that in the future & do a job defesively as well, we can fuck Bridge off imo. Kolarov, Lescott Cunningham Zabba Boateng is enough cover.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Lescott

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Svensational wrote:Id rather have Bridge than Cunningham though to be fair.

Fair enough but if it turns out Lescott doesn't get skinned any more than Bridge would, do we need Bridge taking up a squad place if Lescott can do it ? Zabba & Boateng can both cover there too at a push. Cunningham's a bonus player at the mo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shawzy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 pm

He suprised me tonight..Wasnt expecting him to look so comfortable and sharp..Iv always been worried about our full backs...When Boateng an Kollers are back ill feel alot happier...Hats off to Joleon tonight..Crackin job.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 am

Jolene's always been a quality player. I think when he first came the price tag weighed him down a bit and he felt like he had to live up to expectations. That and he had Bridge playing next to him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby 13021J » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Lescott was fantastic last night, his first choice was almost always spot on and its great to have his height there, teams used to (rightfully) target Bridge's lack of ability there.

THe comments above are fiar we seem to have enough cover at LB to let Bridge go with Kolarov, Lescott and Boateng (don't count Zaba as adequate, more emergency!)

He even managed to go pass a couple of players!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Blue in North London » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

IMO his best asset is defending against some running at him. He's like a brick wall
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby kennyboy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Must have been watching another match, he was stand stilling at most, did almost non running, some passes of the easyest caliber.
Did have some good touches thou, but is slow as fuck. Bring in Kolarav with Bridge as backup.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Brad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:24 pm

He played well, but he just seems too pussy out of going in for a tackle.
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby gillie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:09 am

He played his best football at LB for Everscum.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Esky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:36 am

Brad wrote:He played well, but he just seems too pussy out of going in for a tackle.

As opposed to Bridge, who's somehow made a career out of being a defender who never tackles.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:31 am

For the record, Lescott first got called up by England whilst playing left back for Everton.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 am

kennyboy wrote:Must have been watching another match, he was stand stilling at most, did almost non running, some passes of the easyest caliber.
Did have some good touches thou, but is slow as fuck. Bring in Kolarav with Bridge as backup.

We were watching different games then! I thought he was good and I am unsure of him generally.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:06 am

Lescott is a good asset and has not shouted his mouth off not getting an automatic start. What is more all those people that say we have too big a squad of leading players ouught to note that of our 8 likely defenders in the 25 - Bridge, Boateng and Kolorov are injured and Richards is just not good enough. Thus we were down to our last four in Rumania apart from the under 21's. Given a long season and hopefully a long time in the Europa Cup we will need a big squad with injuries, suspensions and tiredness. We are told players say they can't play three games a week without getting tired, so equally they shouldn't want to start in every game and hence the need for a big squad of proven premiership level players.
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Return to The Maine Football forum