Attractive/Pretty football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Attractive/Pretty football

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm

We're playing it aren't we, not a long ball in sight, lots of triangles, paitent controlled possession, cannot wait til we're up and running as we're frustrating at the moment with the final 3rd but that will come.

Looking good!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Attractive/Pretty football

Postby french_tony » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Was thinking that myself watching that game. Really nice short passing and while we still don't have it nailed in the final third yet we will and when it does...

When Tevez and Silva begin to click I also think we are in for a treat!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:We're playing it aren't we, not a long ball in sight, lots of triangles, paitent controlled possession, cannot wait til we're up and running as we're frustrating at the moment with the final 3rd but that will come.

Looking good!

i think it is blatantly obvious to anyone who knows that we are missing a true playmaker.. we will be lucky if we dont get found out and relegated without one.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Feel like I've been transported back to 1992 and

Seeing David Pratt and Mancini on the screen makes it even more realistic. Just need that iterating journo presenter James Richardson to come on at half and full time to do an interview with Gazza for the transformation to be complete.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby 13021J » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:11 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Feel like I've been transported back to 1992 and

Seeing David Pratt and Mancini on the screen makes it even more realistic. Just need that iterating journo presenter James Richardson to come on at half and full time to do an interview with Gazza for the transformation to be complete.

James Richardson is one of the best, rather him than Lineker or Chiles
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:16 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:We're playing it aren't we, not a long ball in sight, lots of triangles, paitent controlled possession, cannot wait til we're up and running as we're frustrating at the moment with the final 3rd but that will come.

Looking good!

i think it is blatantly obvious to anyone who knows that we are missing a true playmaker.. we will be lucky if we dont get found out and relegated without one.

yeah, we really buried them 0-1. Reckon most of them can't wake up in the morning to go to work delivering milk, fighting fires and serving tables. They don't know what hit them. I mean, mighty MyPa from Finland put three past them but you can't expect us to match them can you. Would be unreasonable.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Looking good!

yeah, we really buried them 0-1. Reckon most of them can't wake up in the morning to go to work delivering milk, fighting fires and serving tables. They don't know what hit them. I mean, mighty MyPa from Finland put three past them but you can't expect us to match them can you. Would be unreasonable.

To be fair, Timi played a boring game tonight which made it difficult for us. Obviously whilst playing MyPa it was alot more laid back and goals went in left right and centre.

I know mate but it's no good playing three holding midfielders against Chelsea away, nevermind these teams. I don't like it. And we still lack a playmaker. Hopefully Milner will come in and start bossing that team.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

Looking good!

yeah thats wot im saying.. youve got it nailed Niall
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 pm

i thought we played it almost perfectly tonight considering how little time we've had & that some players have had no pre season. We kept it tight for an hour, got a bit of practice in & then fucking took them to the cleaners. The only down side was that we were a bit greedy & showy in front of goal when a simple pass would have got us 4-5. We were so on top we started to treat it like a training game & with it being City, we should never take anything for granted!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Tevez is still dropping off far too often and crowding the midfield.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Tevez is still dropping off far too often and crowding the midfield.

that's because there's a gap between midfield and attack. Gap that should be occupied by a pla.... Never mind.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm

By the way can anyone tell me why some they were booing Balo?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby bluej » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

It's neat and tidy football, and I enjoy watching us retain the ball, but the speed with which we build attacks is excrutiatingly slow.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:03 pm

bluej wrote:It's neat and tidy football, and I enjoy watching us retain the ball, but the speed with which we build attacks is excrutiatingly slow.

that will get better.. the speed i mean. However against teams that park the bus and crowd their own half we will still need Tevez and others to run right into them. Early days yet.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby citytilidie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

is silva not a playmaker?!
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Look Mum: Redux » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Feel like I've been transported back to 1992 and

James still hosts an excellent twice weekly football podcast if you like that thing (I do). It's the thing I look forward to most after the matches are over

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ra-podcast

Every time I hear his voice it takes me back to my football yoof.
Look Mum: Redux
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 pm

citytilidie wrote:is silva not a playmaker?!

you would have to ask nqdp to really know the answer to that question.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Svensational wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Looking good!

To be fair, Timi played a boring game tonight which made it difficult for us. Obviously whilst playing MyPa it was alot more laid back and goals went in left right and centre.

I know mate but it's no good playing three holding midfielders against Chelsea away, nevermind these teams. I don't like it. And we still lack a playmaker. Hopefully Milner will come in and start bossing that team.

Negative stuff after a win!! Am I seeing things? Are you ok Anti?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Grob » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Tevez is still dropping off far too often and crowding the midfield.

that's because there's a gap between midfield and attack. Gap that should be occupied by a pla.... Never mind.

The midfield and defence should be further up the pitch in my opinion. When the gap between our defence and furthest forward attacker is big, we look worse as we dont play the long ball well enough. Shorten the gap and the fluidity comes back.

In reality, if we are to be good enough, all the attackers should be playmakers in a way.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby kinkylola » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 am

i don't think tevez's dropping back is a problem of not having a playmaker there ... Tevez just does that all the time. He gets the ball behind Yaya and barry and runs along the midway line with it ... then we have the ball around their box and he's still 30 yards out. I think he's definitely off fitness ... but for him the only way he's going to get it is if you play him every game. oh well.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum