Best signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Best signing

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Joe Hart
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Yaya. Not only will he be brill but his brother will play better too.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dikdik » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Steve Daley, a snip at 1.5 million.

Still fuming....
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby branny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 pm

After last saturdays RB performance i'd say Boateng. We can probably get away with any of the other new signings being absent however if we continue to play with Micah at RB we'll have a few more halves like 1st in the spuds game.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Colin the King » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 am

Of the six, Milner will make the most immediate impact and sew up the masses of space between defence and attack that we saw on Saturday. Delighted that we finalised that one. Touré will be a huge asset with his composure and passing ability, he can basically decide how we play so is integral, but might take a month or so to properly find his feet and get up to speed. Silva and Balotelli are exciting, obviously, but I'd expect them to have a few shockers while they adapt. Eventually, Silva will be one of the star men, Balotelli is less clear cut. Part of me thinks he'll score 25 goals and fire us to glory, another part thinks he'll kick off with everyone, burn down all the shoddy restaurants in Manchester and then sign for Bologna for £2million in 18 months' time. That's the exciting thing with him isn't it.

Boateng looks a good prospect although he's still very young and has loads to learn, in the long term £10million will more than likely look a bargain, and with Kolarov I can't comment one way or another- only seen him 4 or 5 times and that's not enough to know a player well so I'll trust those who know him, we certainly needed a left back and if nothing else, his delivery from set pieces will win us a few points.

All good signings, but Touré is probably the one that excites me the most. To think he won six trophies in one season at Barca, that kind of experience and winning mentality is priceless, let alone what he does on the pitch.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 am

dazby wrote:Yaya. Not only will he be brill but his brother will play better too.

It certainly appeared so. If Kolo can keep that up then it will have been supersigning. But I think Toure is the pick of the bunch anyway.

Personally I have a feeling Kolarov has all the makings of a cult star. I was really happy for what I saw of him against Spurs in that 45 minutes. I thought he showed right kind of attitude and was more carefull than he was for Lazio when I saw him.

Silva has potential to be really good but it will take time for him to get adjusted. And I'd even say he has potential to be worst flop.

Rest of them are good signings if you forget value for money and will do a job for us. Overall I think we had excellent summer of transfers. Best so far since takeover. Although time will of course tell whether it was good or not.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 am

On points out of 100,

Ya Ya - 95 - I think that he will be immense - and effective immediately

Milner - 85 - I think that his impact is much under-rated on here - I think that he will link up so much for us and will provide great balance to the MF

Kolarov 80 - I really think he is perfect for the prem and we really really need width and good crossing from our FBs

Boateng 75 - He get an extra 10 points just because I think that he will displace Micah - similar to Kolarov - remember the Barry goal against Valencia - everting Micah is not and good cover for Kolo

Balotelli - 75 -hope he is happy to blend in rather than just want every game - but high points because I think that he is a world star in the making

Silva - 70 - great potential - and I know that he will be a Mancini mainstay - I am not convinced that he will adapt quickly to PL
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 am

There hasnt really been a window like this before where all the signings have been so consistently good

Balotelli is a worry, but Mancini knows him so i presume he wouldnt make a rod for his own back.

I reckon we paid way too much for Milner

Out of the other 4 I would have to plump for [strike]Silva[/strike] [strike]Kolarov[/strike] Yaya
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum