Our Sheikh Loves Us This Much

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Our Sheikh Loves Us This Much

Postby Mike J » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 am

King Kev wrote:It would be great if he could make it to a match (ticket prices permitting) so that the fans could show him our gratitude.

shame he hasnt been able to get over for a game yet. i remember khaldoon saying on a few occasions he definately will. must be a busy fella.... unless like you say the £50 is a bit of a stretch for him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am

Mike J wrote:
King Kev wrote:It would be great if he could make it to a match (ticket prices permitting) so that the fans could show him our gratitude.

shame he hasnt been able to get over for a game yet. i remember khaldoon saying on a few occasions he definately will. must be a busy fella.... unless like you say the £50 is a bit of a stretch for him.

Its not that, he objects to £3.70 for a peppered steak pie
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 am

Mike J wrote:

Well he could, in theory, lower ticket prices so he can afford to go himself...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:13 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Mike J wrote:

I took my lad on the stadium tour and asked the question about the sheikh and was told he hasn't been cos it's basically an effort because it's classed as a state or diplomat visit or some shit like that. So it involves masses of security And maybe he has to get permission of our countries leaders
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 am

Feed The Goat wrote:I took my lad on the stadium tour and asked the question about the sheikh and was told he hasn't been cos it's basically an effort because it's classed as a state or diplomat visit or some shit like that. So it involves masses of security And maybe he has to get permission of our countries leaders
That's crazy. I'm sure we could put together a pretty decent crew to look after him for the price of a few pints and a balti pie!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am

Feed The Goat wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
Mike J wrote:

I took my lad on the stadium tour and asked the question about the sheikh and was told he hasn't been cos it's basically an effort because it's classed as a state or diplomat visit or some shit like that. So it involves masses of security And maybe he has to get permission of our countries leaders

Even so, dont want to criticise the guy, but you would've thought it could be done some time in 2 years. On the other hand it just shows what a massive empire we belong to, City's expenditure being an infinitessimal part.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

He'll probably wait until we are playing in a major final or summat.

Fuclin glory hunter.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 am

Haz wrote:Here you go Beefy:

Oil-rich pickings

Breakdown of Sheikh Mansour's spending at Manchester City
Total transfer spending - £355 million (includes £130 million this summer and £140 million last summer)
Total "committed" on wages for new signings and on new contracts for existing players - £487.8 million
Cost of takeover - £210 million
Capital expenditure on improving stadium, training ground and other projects - £20 million
Total "committed" outlay - £1.08 billion

Cheers mate. That is absolutely staggering figure!

And some complain about the price of the £500 (around £25 a match) SC. When you look at those figures, my £420 really does pale into significance!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum