spurs have to 2 sponsors?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

spurs have to 2 sponsors?

Postby blue wine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 am

after watching the game last night against Young boys, I noticed that spurs had INVESTEC as there shirt sponsor and on saturday they had another one (cant remember what it was)??

as fan i would be really pissed off that i would have to get 2 home shirts..and to be honest I dont understand the business side of it, I mean if spurs get knock out next week..wouldn't the sponsor lose out big time?

I know its a shit and pointless thread but really bored and want kill some time.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: spurs have to 2 sponsors?

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 am

blue wine wrote:after watching the game last night against Young boys, I noticed that spurs had INVESTEC as there shirt sponsor and on saturday they had another one (cant remember what it was)??

as fan i would be really pissed off that i would have to get 2 home shirts..and to be honest I dont understand the business side of it, I mean if spurs get knock out next week..wouldn't the sponsor lose out big time?

I know its a shit and pointless thread but really bored and want kill some time.

Not sure it's compulsory mate.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:48 am

blue wine wrote:after watching the game last night against Young boys, I noticed that spurs had INVESTEC as there shirt sponsor and on saturday they had another one (cant remember what it was)??

I think a lot of clubs have had their arse spanked on sponsorship deals in the last couple of years because businesses simply dont have the money. If the main shirt sponsorship deal does not fetch the price they want, clubs should be within their right to negotiate other deals for other competitions, although I agree, it is a little shit on fans.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 am

Like it matters if you wear the shirt with the correct sponsor per competition.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Like it matters if you wear the shirt with the correct sponsor per competition.

Spurs have got form for fleecing their fans though, I believe that spurs have changed all 3 kits every season for the past 8 years.

Having said that we have not been much better, timing sponsorship changes to coincide with the 2nd year of a kit deal being our modus operandi
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 am

johnpb78 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Like it matters if you wear the shirt with the correct sponsor per competition.

Spurs have got form for fleecing their fans though, I believe that spurs have changed all 3 kits every season for the past 8 years.

Having said that we have not been much better, timing sponsorship changes to coincide with the 2nd year of a kit deal being our modus operandi

This is what gets me,people dont have to buy the kit the club doesnt force you.

You can easily show your colours with a 5 pound t shirt from the shop.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

This is what gets me,people dont have to buy the kit the club doesnt force you.

You can easily show your colours with a 5 pound t shirt from the shop.

I agree with you mate, i've only bought a couple of shirts in the last 5 years - and only then when they have gone down to a tenner to wear on holiday, but the pages and pages on here about new kits etc shows that there is a demand there that the clubs clearly exploit.

Clubs are very canny these days, gone are the days when all the shirts are released at the same time, evidence the month's separation between the black, blue and white releases last year which was very cynical in order to ensure that each fan had been paid again before the new shirt was released.

If Spuds had a new sponsor on their home and away tops, which was released only after the main home and away shirts fans will rightly feel aggrieved and perhaps even misled if they feel they would have preferred to buy the Euro shirt instead.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:58 am

i don't buy and wear city/football shirts, but if i did, i would like to be able to buy them without a sponsor's logo. i'm not interested in being a walking billboard - at least not for anything bar city
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 am

I haven't bought a City shirt since dinosaurs ruled the Earth.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:17 am

I believe Spurs have actually got 3 sponsored shirts this season. One for the prem, one for Europe and one for both domestic cup competitions .... I reckon nearly all clubs will go down this route in a couple of seasons
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am

Chinners wrote:I believe Spurs have actually got 3 sponsored shirts this season. One for the prem, one for Europe and one for both domestic cup competitions .... I reckon nearly all clubs will go down this route in a couple of seasons

They apparently have two Chinners....Investec for Euro & domestic Cups, Autonomy for the prem

http://www.mad.co.uk/Main/News/Articlex ... onsor.html
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blue wine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I haven't bought a City shirt since dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

awesome..how did you have on shirt?

well i'm of to romania now and if anything happens(touch wood),i'll make sure u can have my city shirt.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby King Kev » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 am

blue wine wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I haven't bought a City shirt since dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

awesome..how did you have on shirt?

well i'm of to romania now and if anything happens(touch wood),i'll make sure u can have my city shirt.
Enjoy mate. Let us know how you get on when you get back will you.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am

Manx Blue wrote:
Chinners wrote:I believe Spurs have actually got 3 sponsored shirts this season. One for the prem, one for Europe and one for both domestic cup competitions .... I reckon nearly all clubs will go down this route in a couple of seasons

They apparently have two Chinners....Investec for Euro & domestic Cups, Autonomy for the prem

This was seemingly only announced yesterday, coincidentally over a month after the shirts sponsored by Autonomy came out and of course just enough time to have had most people who were going to buy one, has already bought it. Quite cynical, they could have announced the Investec deal months ago, nobody is convincing me they only sorted it Yesterday?

5 shirts in a season, fucking hell the world has gone mad.

Edit to say, its £55 quid with FREE personalisation, the fucking greedy bastards

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs0 ... t-preorder
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

This was seemingly only announced yesterday, coincidentally over a month after the shirts sponsored by Autonomy came out and of course just enough time to have had most people who were going to buy one, has already bought it. Quite cynical, they could have announced the Investec deal months ago, nobody is convincing me they only sorted it Yesterday?

Edit to say, its £55 quid with FREE personalisation, the fucking greedy bastards

yeah but "The shirt come s complete with the famous Tottenham Hotspur club badge on the chest and three Puma cat logos. "

yes THREE puma cat logos!!! how can you grumble at that price! i might even order one myself!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby King Kev » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

yeah but "The shirt come s complete with the famous Tottenham Hotspur club badge on the chest and three Puma cat logos. "

yes THREE puma cat logos!!! how can you grumble at that price! i might even order one myself!
I believe our new kit is going to be made by Puma. Let's hope we get three (or more!) cats on our shirts.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum