Will Liverpool game sell out?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Will Liverpool game sell out?

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 am

King Kev wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Oil-rich pickings

Breakdown of Sheikh Mansour's spending at Manchester City
Total transfer spending - £355 million (includes £130 million this summer and £140 million last summer)
Total "committed" on wages for new signings and on new contracts for existing players - £487.8 million
Cost of takeover - £210 million
Capital expenditure on improving stadium, training ground and other projects - £20 million
Total "committed" outlay - £1.08 billion

and we are asked to spend a tenner more on a top catagory game...
Comparing the budgets of Sheikh Mansour to that of the average fan is hardly realistic. He may have spent £1B on the club but he still won't be worrying how to pay his mortgage this month.

It's all relative...him spending 1 billion is the equivalent of us finding another tenner
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 am

ant london wrote:
johnpb78 wrote: the likes of me, Rae122345643 and countless others will not be supporting the club at all on matchdays. This isn't just about the Liverpool game, its about the direction the club are going in.

sorry mate, I've had my fill of this utopian bullshit....first about our "soul"...now about the direction we're going in

you don't get something for nothing in this world. we could have stayed shit and paid the same prices, struggling for survival, up and down, shitty players and managers coming in and out

we have improved in all senses...we are going in a fucking brilliant direction and I find it insane that people can only focus on the downsides of "what we've lost"

it is, however, all a personal choice....no-one should be forced to go to follow a club they believe in less and less. but i wish I didn't have to continue listening to their fucking tiresome laments either

Its got fuck all to do with the recent laments by Crossan and other miserable cunts. If the club want to start charging these prices, that's their perogative and i'm certainly not bitter about it, in fact I dont give a fuck as it stands, as I pay £22 a game.

I understand that they have to recoup some of their costs and that they are on the cusp of giving us the best period in our history.

Provided it remains within what I consider affordable (as it is now), I will carry on going on my season card. However if the season card becomes more than I am prepared to pay, then I will be thrust into the question of whether I would be prepared to pay £50 a game, which I can assure you right now, I absolutely would not do. I have other priorities which rank far far above city.

I could afford it, but morally couldn't justify it, many others would simply not be able to afford it or justify that to their Mrs when there are bills to pay and one fifth of their monthly income goes on watching City.

The fact is that people have a limit as to what they are prepared to spend. For me and others it may be £50, for others it may be £100, but everyone has that limit, and you and IBH are out of order for browbeating those who don't feel it within either their budget, or what they are morally prepared to pay for a game of football.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 am

Platini says clubs must use their own revenue to stop evil owners ploughing millions into the game. Therefore clubs must increase revenues. Therefore prices for paying public go up.

Good old Platini.
Last edited by john@staustell on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bluej » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 am

john@staustell wrote:Mancini says clubs must use their own revenue to stop evil owners ploughing millions into the game. Therefore clubs must increase revenues. Therefore prices for paying public go up.

Good old Mancini.

*Platini surely?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 am

MUS wrote:i cant wait... bit ashamed to admit it but my first time going to see city play!

im literally losing my city virginity on monday night..

be gentle please, im delicate.

I'm quite stunned by this Mus. After all these years on the board. Hope you love it mate. I'm sure you will.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 am

bluej wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Mancini says clubs must use their own revenue to stop evil owners ploughing millions into the game. Therefore clubs must increase revenues. Therefore prices for paying public go up.

Good old Mancini.

*Platini surely?

To be corrected! Ta
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

dazby wrote:
MUS wrote:i cant wait... bit ashamed to admit it but my first time going to see city play!

I'm quite stunned by this Mus. After all these years on the board. Hope you love it mate. I'm sure you will.

Glory hunter!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby MUS » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:
dazby wrote:

Glory hunter!

haha,

cheers im quite sure i will too... managed to get 4 other non city fans to come along too, two of which are kids so id like to think i'm doing my bit for the city cause :P

hopefully 2 new city recruits!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Murph » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:Platini says clubs must use their own revenue to stop evil owners ploughing millions into the game. Therefore clubs must increase revenues. Therefore prices for paying public go up.

Good old Platini.

That's the big problem for the average fan, it's either not been thought about by the twats at uefa or they don't care, prices will go through the roof, nothing surer.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

I would love to go to the game on Monday but even if i could afford it which i cant btw i could not justify the ticket price to the wife as for the fact that we are low earners and 50 quid is a real dent in our income.Plus the fact that after tomorrow she will be the only worker in the household as i am being made redundant.So i have no qualms about fans choosing not to pay and it certainly does not make them any less of a supporter imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Oil-rich pickings

Breakdown of Sheikh Mansour's spending at Manchester City
Total transfer spending - £355 million (includes £130 million this summer and £140 million last summer)
Total "committed" on wages for new signings and on new contracts for existing players - £487.8 million
Cost of takeover - £210 million
Capital expenditure on improving stadium, training ground and other projects - £20 million
Total "committed" outlay - £1.08 billion

and we are asked to spend a tenner more on a top catagory game...

Big fuclin difference when £10 is an extra 5% of a lotta folks weekly income mate. Piss poor similarity to a multi billionaire's income isn't it.

There's hundreds of thousands of Blues in Mancland and they've not turned up for years cos they cannot justify it to their families.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 pm

gillie wrote:I would love to go to the game on Monday but even if i could afford it which i cant btw i could not justify the ticket price to the wife as for the fact that we are low earners and 50 quid is a real dent in our income.Plus the fact that after tomorrow she will be the only worker in the household as i am being made redundant.So i have no qualms about fans choosing not to pay and it certainly does not make them any less of a supporter imo.

Pretty much my point entirely! It's partly to do with me not wanting to pay £50 for the match partly due to my circumstances I. Terms of income and family expenses and that's it. My partner is a Warrington rugby league fan and so is her family. They pay summat like £160 for a season ticket whilst I'm not saying that's anywhere near realistic for football my point is they have helped me out massively with finances for buying our new house I would feel the biggest cunt in the world trying to justify owing them 5k and then spending £70 going to a football match it's ridiculous and all of you who have a go just because your willing to pay or can afford to pay can go get screwed!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Burt wrote:
Big fuclin difference when £10 is an extra 5% of a lotta folks weekly income mate.

Come on Burt...talk about Drama Queen...where the fuck does a tenner get you these days seriously?!

How much was it for a top catagory game last year? £42 odd? so you are being asked to spend an additional £6

Considering we have spent 120 mil on world class talent and improved the whole City experience outside the ground etc etc

£6 is not a lot of money

Like I said before it's cheaper than a lot of pop concerts
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:29 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:
Big fuclin difference when £10 is an extra 5% of a lotta folks weekly income mate.

Come on Burt...talk about Drama Queen...where the fuck does a tenner get you these days seriously?!

How much was it for a top catagory game last year? £42 odd? so you are being asked to spend an additional £6

Considering we have spent 120 mil on world class talent and improved the whole City experience outside the ground etc etc

£6 is not a lot of money

I agree with Mr Shrewsbury. I don't go to many 'pop' concerts anymore because it's too expensive. (Well that & being disillusioned with Cliff & The Shadows farewell tour)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:31 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:

£6 is not a lot of money

Pop concerts happen occasionally city play every week! Everything you've tried to compare it to has been utter bollocks
Rae4685

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Rae4685 wrote:
gillie wrote:I would love to go to the game on Monday but even if i could afford it which i cant btw i could not justify the ticket price to the wife as for the fact that we are low earners and 50 quid is a real dent in our income.Plus the fact that after tomorrow she will be the only worker in the household as i am being made redundant.So i have no qualms about fans choosing not to pay and it certainly does not make them any less of a supporter imo.

Pretty much my point entirely! It's partly to do with me not wanting to pay £50 for the match partly due to my circumstances I. Terms of income and family expenses and that's it. My partner is a Warrington rugby league fan and so is her family. They pay summat like £160 for a season ticket whilst I'm not saying that's anywhere near realistic for football my point is they have helped me out massively with finances for buying our new house I would feel the biggest cunt in the world trying to justify owing them 5k and then spending £70 going to a football match it's ridiculous and all of you who have a go just because your willing to pay or can afford to pay can go get screwed!

Fits in perfectly with what I just said Rae mate. I live in Ordsall, within 10 minutes walk to the swamp, surrounded by 99% rags and a very small percentage of em have visited the swamp for years cos they simply can't afford it, even though they've mopped up trophies for years. They're no different from loadsa Blues in that they can go to the local battle cruiser, ave half a dozen drinks with their family/mates and watch the game and then afford to ave summat decent for their dinner and then also ave a little bit of a social life unall. I must admit that I was initially at this after moving ere a good few years ago but now recognise that most of us are put in a corner with regard to where we spend our meagre dough.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Rae4685 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Burt wrote:

£6 is not a lot of money

Pop concerts happen occasionally city play every week! Everything you've tried to compare it to has been utter bollocks

Erm...I wasn't saying you need to go every week...I think if you look back I think you'll find I said people should make more of an effort for key games

Liverpool...first game of the season...after a summer of heavy spending...I'd say that was a key game

Never mind...you save your £6...get yourself a chippy or something
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm completely bolloxed these days, having like Gillie been made redundant about 15 months ago. Just working hourly now. But any City trip has to be costed like a week's hols.

Trip to see City:
£
Fuel 100
Tickets (2) 100
Food/drink over 15 hours 30
Lost hourly pay 60 (60-100, say 60) - on a Sat game would lose Fri night as well.

That's nearly 300 quid.

Week in Spain:
Ryanair flights (2) 70 (24 to 100)
Villa/apt hire 300 (195 to 500, say 300)
Fuel to airport 50

Just over 400.

Hmm
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Let me ask you a question then oh holy one. If I forked out £100 on let's say Liverpool and Chelsea at home does that make me a better fan than if I saved my money and went to let's say west brom, fulham and Stoke? There's a JLS concert in Cardiff next month if your interested??? Only £50.00 a ticket I'm getting on it wouldn't miss this opportunity! It's their first concert of the month and they've spent a fortune on special effects
Rae4685

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Rae4685 wrote:Let me ask you a question then oh holy one. If I forked out £100 on let's say Liverpool and Chelsea at home does that make me a better fan than if I saved my money and went to let's say west brom, fulham and Stoke? There's a JLS concert in Cardiff next month if your interested??? Only £50.00 a ticket I'm getting on it wouldn't miss this opportunity! It's their first concert of the month and they've spent a fortune on special effects

First game of the season should be a sell out...if you can't be arsed going...like I said...save your £6...pop to morrisons and get yourself some wagon wheels...get home...make yourself a brew...slouch onto the sofa and watch it on the telly...and if it doesn't sell out...don't blame me if the rags take the piss out of our empty seats...because I will be there

cheers ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum