Will Liverpool game sell out?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Will Liverpool game sell out?

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:If we don't sell out it will be a disgrace...£50 or not for a ticket

IBH 50 notes is a lot for 1 and a half hours entertainment not including 4 quid heineken and transport to and from.

I agree with stay aways on this one,Its too pricey.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:15 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:If we don't sell out it will be a disgrace...£50 or not for a ticket

IBH 50 notes is a lot for 1 and a half hours entertainment not including 4 quid heineken and transport to and from.

I agree with stay aways on this one,Its too pricey.

It's a top catagory game so it's obviously gonna be steep

But it's also our first home game and against top opposition too

No excuses
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:16 am

This
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

I don't think we are going to sell out anything as long as ticket online sales is down. And it IS down about three days a week. Despite all the fucking money in the world, some things will never change.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 am

The ticket office has been in a state of complete dissarray recently so no doubt that has affected things. I nearly fucked off the Uefa home leg because of it, (being put on hold for 25mins etc after being passed on to customer services simply because one of of the seats I wanted to buy was on level 3 & it caused a brain malfunction in the numpty dealing with me).

A non-regular faced with that kind of shit & online system failure would possibly just give up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 am

Sooooo are you saying in the case of myself who has just bought a new house so has plenty of expenditures and also has an 8 month old baby and partner on maternity pay is a disgrace because I'm not enough of a mug to pay £50 which would be the mist I've EVER paid for a football ticket when I've more important things to spend my money on? The disgrace is the price increases that city have put in place shirts, tickets the lot! I only paid £42 to go scum away in the semi final and that pissed me off!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 am

Rae4685 wrote:

Sooooo are you saying in the case of myself who has just bought a new house so has plenty of expenditures and also has an 8 month old baby and partner on maternity pay is a disgrace because I'm not enough of a mug to pay £50 which would be the mist I've EVER paid for a football ticket when I've more important things to spend my money on? The disgrace is the price increases that city have put in place shirts, tickets the lot! I only paid £42 to go scum away in the semi final and that pissed me off!

Apparently so, in the eyes of some you are disloyal for not putting the club before the family and bills.

For the record, I would never, ever pay £50 to watch two sets of blokes kick a bag of wind around some grass. The get out is that the bigger the game, the more clubs feel they can charge, yet the bigger the game, the more likely it is to be on TV hence making it even less likely I would pay it.

Edit to say, the novelty of watching superstars soon wore off for Chelsea, who regularly advertise their tickets on radio, particularly for midweek games.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am

Rae4685 wrote:

Sooooo are you saying in the case of myself who has just bought a new house so has plenty of expenditures and also has an 8 month old baby and partner on maternity pay is a disgrace because I'm not enough of a mug to pay £50 which would be the mist I've EVER paid for a football ticket when I've more important things to spend my money on?

That's exactly what i'm saying...are you telling me that in the close season you couldn't save up £50 for a ticket?

My Mrs has just had a baby yet i've managed to find the money to renew my season ticket

I know £50 sheets is steep but everyone has had long enough in the summer to get their shit together financially no matter how much they plead poverty...this game should be a statement of intent...empty seats will just give opposition fans more ammunition to take the piss
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:

Sooooo are you saying in the case of myself who has just bought a new house so has plenty of expenditures and also has an 8 month old baby and partner on maternity pay is a disgrace because I'm not enough of a mug to pay £50 which would be the mist I've EVER paid for a football ticket when I've more important things to spend my money on?

That's exactly what i'm saying...are you telling me that in the close season you couldn't save up £50 for a ticket?

My Mrs has just had a baby yet i've managed to find the money to renew my season ticket

I know £50 sheets is steep but everyone has had long enough in the summer to get their shit together financially no matter how much they plead poverty...this game should be a statement of intent...empty seats will just give opposition fans more ammunition to take the piss

You could go round sitting in different seats to give the impression it's full, like they do at the academy awards when someone goes for a piss/line of coke.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:37 am

People under-estimate the dire unattractiveness of Monday night football. It used to be the preserve of Norwich, Wigan etc - oh and City - but I see they have dumped 2 big matches on so far this year to try and rebrand it - 'MNF' ffs.

There are a number of factors coming together, and if this had been Sat or Sun it would've sold out weeks ago, internet or not.

By the way does anyone know how the box office is coping having to do without internet sales? Maybe no fucker can get through just like the old days.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 am

Seriously though...Why the fuck are we talking about increasing the capacity to 60k when we can't even sell out our first home game of the season against the dippers?

It's no wonder rags take the piss
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The ticket office has been in a state of complete dissarray recently so no doubt that has affected things. I nearly fucked off the Uefa home leg because of it, (being put on hold for 25mins etc after being passed on to customer services simply because one of of the seats I wanted to buy was on level 3 & it caused a brain malfunction in the numpty dealing with me).

A non-regular faced with that kind of shit & online system failure would possibly just give up.

Yeah but it has been like that for years now. Since the introduction of the online sales, I don't think I've bought ticket ONCE without problems. And no, it's not just because I'm foreigner because I have had City Card International since we moved to CoMS and new electronic entrance system was introduced. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it was easier in Maine Road days before all this electronics crap when I just wrote a letter with check in it asking for a ticket for a spesific game and in a weeks time I usually had it my hand.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Seriously though...Why the fuck are we talking about increasing the capacity to 60k when we can't even sell out our first home game of the season against the dippers?

20-25 pound a pop and 60k would have sold out months ago.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Seriously though...Why the fuck are we talking about increasing the capacity to 60k when we can't even sell out our first home game of the season against the dippers?

To be honest Kiers for a top catagory game is it any different price wise from the rest of the Premiership?

I'm sure there will be offers to be had at various times in the season with regards to ticket prices...but like I said...first game of the season at home...top quality opposition...and us having spent 100+ mil on new talent

Like I said...Disgrace!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 am

A decent percentage of rags, scouselovers, Chelsea rent boys etc have only arrived there because of their success. We haven't had any yet. We will & our support will increase. We have a certain No of fans & some will pick & choose their games. I couldn't afford £50 for every game so would pick & choose if I didn't have a season ticket. Liverpool (boring boring fucking boring) are one of the games I'd consider missing, especially on a Monday night.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:49 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

To be honest Kiers for a top catagory game is it any different price wise from the rest of the Premiership?
I'm sure there will be offers to be had at various times in the season with regards to ticket prices...but like I said...first game of the season at home...top quality opposition...and us having spent 100+ mil on new talent

Like I said...Disgrace!

I forked out that 50 quid about five or six years ago for Chelsea - Tottenham. I can barely think what it'd cost now.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 am

true mate but there is no way on earth that the club could drop tickets to those prices at the moment.

we are not going to be balancing our books any time soon but they need to make sure they at least try to minimise the losses.

Whilst I think 50 quid is steep for a standard seat, i dont think that a standard price of 40 for this highest category would be unreasonable in light of the fact that we have spent several hundred million on new players in the last couple of years.

It would be nice to be able to sell at those lower prices....and I do believe that if they increase capacity there will be cheaper tickets overall. Get it built.

In terms of IBH's point re fans not bothering, it's a personal choice (as it was for all of those people who couldn't be arsed turning up for all our last UEFA games) but it makes us look shit, and if people could have afforded 30-35 quid i'm pretty positive most people could muster the rest.

Also baffles me why anyone who has a choice in the matter would choose to watch our biggest games at home/in the pub rather than actually being there at the ground....madness
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby HeyMark » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 am

MUS wrote:i cant wait... bit ashamed to admit it but my first time going to see city play!

im literally losing my city virginity on monday night..

be gentle please, im delicate.

Nice one mate, its actually one of the best experiences of my life when I went to my first game at the end of hughes first season!

I was like a kid at christmas, stood there watching all these heroes of mine in the flesh. Surreal experience!

Only shame was that I was watching us play bolton, one of the worst football teams ever
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 am

ant london wrote:
Also baffles me why anyone who has a choice in the matter would choose to watch our biggest games at home/in the pub rather than actually being there at the ground....madness

Exactly...do we really want to turn into the armchair fans over the road?

I can understand with regards to fans abroad...but IMO fans in the UK...even if they have to pick and chose their games...have to make the effort to get to our bigger games at home (Rags/Chelsea/Arse/Spuds/Scouse1)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ant london wrote:

Exactly...do we really want to turn into the armchair fans over the road?

I can understand with regards to fans abroad...but IMO fans in the UK...even if they have to pick and chose their games...have to make the effort to get to our bigger games at home (Rags/Chelsea/Arse/Spuds/Scouse1)

Most of them who go to games regularly, probably are making an effort to go to this one.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum