Bellamy press conference

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy press conference

Postby Murph » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Live on ssn now. Questioned about City and hasn't said one bad word. Described Cook and Kaldoun as great men whoive helped him out, in their debt forever and described Mancini as a great manager, said City will win the league in the next few years and he's been very proud to play his part in this part in our history.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Bellamy press conference

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Well well well. Excellent class from Mr B and revealed that most of what has been spouted in the press and on here was absolute bollox. This move has been talked about for months, Cook and Khaldoon have been absolutely fantastic, Mancini is a top manager and he hopes we all do very well.

So have we got our 'soul' back now then doomers?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

what the hell has been going on then!!? has marwood had a big role in him leaving then.

really dont get this if he has only good things to say about mancini.

shows the people who say he is just a trouble making twat were barking up the wrong tree.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Mike J wrote:what the hell has been going on then!!? has marwood had a big role in him leaving then.

shows the people who say he is just a trouble making twat were barking up the wrong tree.

..................and all those running down the club.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Mike J wrote:what the hell has been going on then!!? has marwood had a big role in him leaving then.

I started a thread asking if Marwood was the problem and got accused of wanting another hate figure. The thread was started because of something a player said (not in the public domain) and I think it is a very worthwhile question.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:

..................and all those running down the club.

yep, ive been in the wrong as well. sounds like cook has helped him get the move he wants.

i do wonder about marwood though. didnt someone post a thread on here last week saying they saw bellers and that marwood wanted him out?
Mike J

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:16 pm

King Kev wrote:

I started a thread asking if Marwood was the problem and got accused of wanting another hate figure. The thread was started because of something a player said (not in the public domain) and I think it is a very worthwhile question.

it was a valid thread. ive not been keen on him since he started here.
Mike J

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Maybe Bellers should've included Marwood? And Brian Kidd? And Bernie Halford? And the cleaning lady at Carrington?

Conspiracies or what?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:Maybe Bellers should've included Marwood? And Brian Kidd? And Bernie Halford? And the cleaning lady at Carrington?

Conspiracies or what?

oh come on its nothing to do with conspiracies. i only mentioned him because he seems to have a major part in transfer dealings.
Mike J

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Is it possible that part of the 'agreement' for him to be allowed to go to Cardiff is that we agree to pay a huge chunk of his wages and, in return, he keeps his gob shut?

Just thinking out loud - not necessarily that's what I believe.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Cant we all just accept that Mancini wanted his own men in the squad, he has more or less got that now, so no excuses from him. Bellers just didnt fit in for whatever reason and has got a dream move which is I assume largely based around City still paying him. He and Jones were at pains to big us up and for the first time in two years somebody has said something nice about us. Let us enjoy it, because it wont last long, we will be back to being cunts as soon as Milner signs.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 pm

of course Marwood has a major part to play in transfer dealings

but the two decision making elements will be:

Mancini - footballing decisions

Marwood / Cook / Khaldoon - financial decisions

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THAT BELLAMY WOULD BE AT CARDIFF IF MANCINI WANTED HIM TO REALLY STAY HERE

CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE BRIAN MARWOOD WANTED HIM GONE

IF HE IS GONE ROBERTO MANCINI HAS SAID HE CAN GO/SAID HE WANTS HIM GONE/SAID HE CAN MAKE DO WITHOUT HIM

god some of you lot are too fucking thick for words at times
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Kladze wrote:Is it possible that part of the 'agreement' for him to be allowed to go to Cardiff is that we agree to pay a huge chunk of his wages and, in return, he keeps his gob shut?

Just thinking out loud - not necessarily that's what I believe.

hush money - for sure
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

ant london wrote:of course Marwood has a major part to play in transfer dealings

but the two decision making elements will be:

Mancini - footballing decisions

Marwood / Cook / Khaldoon - financial decisions

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THAT BELLAMY WOULD BE AT CARDIFF IF MANCINI WANTED HIM TO REALLY STAY HERE

CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE BRIAN MARWOOD WANTED HIM GONE

IF HE IS GONE ROBERTO MANCINI HAS SAID HE CAN GO/SAID HE WANTS HIM GONE/SAID HE CAN MAKE DO WITHOUT HIM

god some of you lot are too fucking thick for words at times

You think Marwood has little to no input on footballing matters? His role is, essentially, that of 'Director of football'.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:32 pm

of course he has some fucking input

but there is NO WAY that him saying...."actually I don't like Bellamy...let's get rid" would have the slightest fucking influence unless Mancini also thought that

my point being that Brian Marwood has not driven Craig Bellamy out of this club

Mancini has the ultimate say so on that.....maybe not on purchasing players, maybe not if we were skint and needed funds via selling players....but taking a decision to let one of our most effective players leave....that decision would be massively majority driven by our manager.

If you think otherwise you are in Cloud Cuckoo Land my friend
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

ant london wrote:of course he has some fucking input

but there is NO WAY that him saying...."actually I don't like Bellamy...let's get rid" would have the slightest fucking influence unless Mancini also thought that

Mancini has the ultimate say so on that.....maybe not on purchasing players, maybe not if we were skint and needed funds via selling players....but taking a decision to let one of our most effective players leave....that decision would be massively majority driven by our manager.

Fair enough - was just seeking clarification from over here on bird island my friend ........
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edgeley blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Just been on a cardiff forum and they are jizzing their pants on signing Bellars. They all love us too, that has to be a first. We have suddenly become Father Christmas in Wales, but no doubt still ruining English football.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Just listening to Dave Jones who's said that Bellers contacted him in May about a possible move but then vito'd it for whatever reason. He went onto say that it was Bellers choice to go to Cardiff and those other Prem managers after him should respect his choice. Jones said he was very greatful to Man City for letting him go there on loan and without our help, it wouldn't have made this dream come true.

Eye opening all this after the rumours that are flying around.

Edit: Seems that SSN are asking questions to try and make all parties look like fools. They are serious wankers, talking about wages and now even Vieira. Nice one Jonesy, put the fuckers in their place!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:00 pm

For those that missed it here's Craig's PC
[youtube]xZ9gFeVyk3A[/youtube]

Negotiations going on for months apparently but he was still kicking us in the teeth last week. Anyway it's alright he's happy now, I wonder how our club feels though ?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:10 pm

ant london wrote:of course he has some fucking input

i told everyone what Cook told me personally about how they work as a team. The boss has targets, he gives them to the team and the team works on dossiers of targets, and also brings other players to the table sometimes who potentially are being shopped who we might have had a previous interest in, or have a name brand or a position which the gaffer has highlighted. They develop a lot of material on the players, including pay ranges and transfer ranges they will agree to and then document the shit out of all of it together and create a really professional process and profile *as a team*

part of not wanting to bring Platt in, from Cook's perspective, was not wanting to upset the balance or chemistry which marwood, cook and Mancini have with Kiddo as well. Ultimately Platt was brought in because Mancini wanted him and need a translator basically.

what else?

everyone should relax...Mancini had no plans for Bellamy because of whatever -- he didnt like how special he thought he was and how injury prone Bellamy is, or he thought he had cover, etc. I can disapprove of that decision all i want, but it is what it is. Mancini is proving that you are on board or you are out. An important thing the drunkard managing Trafford established a long time ago. Dunno why i'd want anything different from the boss. This is about City and not Marwood or Bellamy or Mancini or Cook. City. A football team. The boss makes the decisions about the football team. I'm not surprised if Marwood or Cook take some bullets for the manager when the manager wants someone gone. that's just good support from an executive team. Only Mancini makes these decisions ultimately. I can assure you that if Mancini wanted him in his squad he wouldn't be going to Wales.

that is all.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum