Mario to play in Romania?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mario to play in Romania?

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 am

Mario Balotelli could make his debut for Manchester City in Thursday's Europa League clash against Timisoara after UEFA confirmed he could still be registered for the competition.

It was widely expected that Balotelli, who joined City in a reported £24 million deal from Inter Milan last week, arrived too late to be included in the squad.

However, UEFA confirmed on Tuesday morning that one change can be made to City's original Europe League squad list prior to Thursday's play-off first leg match.

City, though, face a race against time as the Italian striker's registration needs to approved by both the Football Association and UEFA before midnight on Wednesday.

The squad are due to travel on Wednesday with reports in Romania stating that Timisoara are on €100 a man to beat City and progress in the competition.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ue&cc=5739
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Mario to play in Romania?

Postby tchumatu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 am

Same story on SS http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6317522,00.html

john@staustell wrote:The squad are due to travel on Wednesday with reports in Romania stating that Timisoara are on €100 a man to beat City and progress in the competition.

Actually, they are said to be on 100.000 a man to beat City, but you have to laugh at that since Timisoara's players have not had their wages paid for a couple of months.
Roberto Mancini was the man who brought us our first trophy in 35 years. He was the man that brought us our first league title in 44 years. He brought us one of the greatest moments of our lives. He masterminded a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, and a Wembley win over United. He challenged Ferguson, he argued with him on the touchline, he brought success, and he punched the air in delight with the rest of us at the madness of it all. He had style, panache and a winning smile.All those memories he gave us will never be forgotten, in a wonderful period in this club’s long history.
And I swear, we’ll never see anything like it again.
tchumatu
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Bell

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:21 am

Why?? Are they skint??
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 am

tchumatu wrote:Same story on SS http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6317522,00.html

john@staustell wrote:The squad are due to travel on Wednesday with reports in Romania stating that Timisoara are on €100 a man to beat City and progress in the competition.

Actually, they are said to be on 100.000 a man to beat City, but you have to laugh at that since Timisoara's players have not had their wages paid for a couple of months.

I thought a hundred quid was a bit light.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

john@staustell wrote:
tchumatu wrote:Same story on SS http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6317522,00.html

I thought a hundred quid was a bit light.

it's like a mafia hit. We can expect a couple ankles blown out then. I'm glad i don't live near no mafia.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:28 am

We should tell our players that Timisoara will get our match wages if you dont beat them and we will get their's. Im sure they would start playing then. Although for £100.00 its a few trips to Pizza Hut for Mario.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Apparently UEFA have confirmed Balotelli can play on Thursday if selected. So i would imagine he will be in the squad and may get a start. Going to be interesting.

read this on SSN website
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Mancini confirmed that Balotelli will travel to Romania with the squad for the first leg of the Europa League tie and may yet make his debut against FC Timisoara.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Bench for sure. May come on if we're 2-0 up.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Crossie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Naa from the start, what better time to make your debut? Bag a hatrick and start how you mean to go on
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Return to The Maine Football forum