Training Tuesday 17/8

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 17/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 am

Went along for the 11am session only to find there wasn't one.The place was swarming with press and TV for the Balotelli unveiling and also any pictures they might get of Bellamy,Ireland,Robinho and anyone else that they can make a story up about.

I wasn't the only one in expecting training as apparently Adebayor and Robinho had turned in for 11 as well but went home after they found it was an afternoon session.How crazy is that but it would seem they just hadnt read what they had been told as none of the others had turned in.

Proper report later.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 17/8

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Went along for the 11am session only to find there wasn't one.The place was swarming with press and TV for the Balotelli unveiling and also any pictures they might get of Bellamy,Ireland,Robinho and anyone else that they can make a story up about.
I wasn't the only one in expecting training as apparently Adebayor and Robinho had turned in for 11 as well but went home after they found it was an afternoon session.How crazy is that but it would seem they just hadnt read what they had been told as none of the others had turned in.

Proper report later.

He he.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Went along for the 11am session only to find there wasn't one.The place was swarming with press and TV for the Balotelli unveiling and also any pictures they might get of Bellamy,Ireland,Robinho and anyone else that they can make a story up about.

Proper report later.
That really is piss-poor. Maybe the club should hire a Communications Officer or something to avoid this sort of thing happening again.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby The Foggy Blue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 am

We would be fooked without you Doug. Cheers.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks Douglas. I am new on this site but I have read your training reports previously and can I say how much I enjoy and appreciate them. They give a real insight into what is happening with the players on a day by day basis and for example your opinions on who looks up for it or not are a real eye opener. Long may you contribute them and thanks again Douglas.
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am

Doug - you're in the same bunch as the airhead gang - Ade and Robson - try and keep up!! Read your training notices!

:-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 am

john@staustell wrote:Doug - you're in the same bunch as the airhead gang - Ade and Robson - try and keep up!! Read your training notices!

Guilty as charged. I usually check before setting off but I was in a rush and .............
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 am

Just pictured Robinho & Ade dressed in brown macs, with caps on, carrying plastic bags, gazing round deserted training ground, tumbleweeds blowing, both looking confused, like Morecame & Wise.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby daveh1962 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Doug - you're in the same bunch as the airhead gang - Ade and Robson - try and keep up!! Read your training notices!

Guilty as charged. I usually check before setting off but I was in a rush and .............

No excuses....your a very naughty boy!!!!!
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

I suppose they could go in the cafe,grab a coffee, and chew the fat. No?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 am

I am intrigued as to what is going on with Mancini and Robinho currently......the fact that he is showing up for training (early....) pleasantly surprises me.

Will we see Robson in action in a City shirt again? Increasingly I am suspecting that we might.

Like the chance of a last fling with a fit girl who previously dumped you....the prospect is guiltily thrilling on certain levels. He could be bloody brilliant in the team now.....if Mancini can get him to "buy back into City" it would be quite a pleasing bit of management.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:20 pm

ant london wrote:

I am intrigued as to what is going on with Mancini and Robinho currently......the fact that he is showing up for training (early....) pleasantly surprises me.

Will we see Robson in action in a City shirt again? Increasingly I am suspecting that we might.

Like the chance of a last fling with a fit girl who previously dumped you....the prospect is guiltily thrilling on certain levels. He could be bloody brilliant in the team now.....if Mancini can get him to "buy back into City" it would be quite a pleasing bit of management.

I have been having the same thoughts. He is in the 25 for the euro game isn't he and he might just be given a go. We now have a better squad than when he was here before and in a way he could play with a freeodm he never had before. Partly because of the extra quality around but also beceuse he really has nothing to lose at City now.I hope he trains today to see if there is a glimpse of anything.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ant london wrote:

I have been having the same thoughts. He is in the 25 for the euro game isn't he and he might just be given a go. We now have a better squad than when he was here before and in a way he could play with a freeodm he never had before. Partly because of the extra quality around but also beceuse he really has nothing to lose at City now.I hope he trains today to see if there is a glimpse of anything.

Part of me doesn't want to see him given another chance - nor taking it - but he clearly is a talent and I have him to thank for that incredible moment when I broke off a telephone conversation with my rag worshipping son to announce "Fuck Berbatov now! We've just signed Robinho!!"

And, for City, it would be like yet another £32 million new signing.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 pm

So just back from Carrington after a full training session starting after 3pm.No Boateng or Kolarov.I did ask about them and there was no enthusiasm either would be available for Monday but equally nothing like Kolarov being out for 3 months as I have just read in another thread on here.

Also no Robinho but Kidd said he was doing gym work inside.They all started behind the fencing with Mancini doing the usual stuff with the whole squad moving around the pitch in formations.Then outside for all the fans to see them doing the keepball circles.

The keepers had been out early as always and were using the rebound wall but I forgot to mention yessterday that one of the first things they did was to work on distribution. Receving the ball in various circumstances and controlling if needed but basically looking to clear the ball and find a player.Spot on for Joe as we all know.

After the keep ball circles they moved onto a pass and move session in a big square just as yesterday. Fairly competitive and it ended with one player needing some treatment , Yaya but he was fine in a few minutes.It was after this they split into 2 groups again with one going behind the fence to work with Mancini ( possibly the team for the next match!) and the rest just ticking over in the circles again. Mancini was working mostly to start with on defensive play from corners and free kicks and a big part of that was about breaking quickly when we won the ball.

The first group he worked with on this had Zaba at right full back and Lescott on the left.The switch of players behind the curtain also changed to focus on attacking play and had SWP on the left,AJ on the right and with Jo in the middle behind Ade. Who knows if any of this gives clues into the next 2 matches?

Then it was back for some old fashioned exercises for stretching and working the muscles before they finished with a game on half a pitch.It only lasted for 10 or 15 minutes but it was a strong game with no quarter given.Within reason of course as they were not wearing shin pads but it was quite physical and Carminati laughed when I said it was a strong session.

Silva simply bounced off Yaya in one collision but it was Vinnie who stood out most in all sorts of challenges. He left Weiss , SWP and a couple of others in no doubt who was boss.He was really meaning it.Balotelli was quiet and to be honest looked like the new guy feeling his way and getting to know the players and what it is all about.

When all the rest had gone in Ade and Mario did a little shooting practice at Joe ( with Micah watching on) Joe was the winner but both did manage to beat him at least once. Again Mario showed what a fierce shot he has and when I joked with Joe how powerful it was he laughed and said " yeah and I have been abusing him too" They would have gone on for a while I think but were told to end by the keeper coach but Mancini,Kidd and Platt had also been warching closely.It will be interesting to see who takes the free kicks in and around the box this season.

Prior to the training starting I was shown a picture of Joe taking his trousers off in the car park!! Why he had done that I have no idea but as there were plenty of cameras around it should be no surprise that a few got the picture.Quite a bizzare picture really but the photographer who showed it to me is the one decent one amongst a real rabble so hopefully it won't be used in a bad way. She had been there since quite early in the morning and at 3 ,just before they had come out, she disappeared behind the bushes for a call of nature. It was a fairly quiet yelp a few seconds later when she got a nettle sting:) Oh the fun of training at Carrington.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Quality stuff doug, cheers for that mate :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Is this photographer attractive?

Whats the deal with robinho btw, why cant he train with the team? Its not like he should be behind in fitness, he's been playing regular games for santos
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Murph » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Excellent report Doug. Have the team flown out this evening or are they off tomorrow?
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Cheers Doug, top report.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

HeyMark wrote:Is this photographer attractive?

Whats the deal with robinho btw, why cant he train with the team? Its not like he should be behind in fitness, he's been playing regular games for santos

Yes she is.
I think his work is being done indoors because he is presumably behind in fitness and just like the others will do work in the gym and all sorts of assessments and tests when they start as standard pre season work.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Cheers Doug, top report as usual. Whats going on with our Johnno? Hes included with the squad for Europa League game. Will he travel with them?
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum