Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah Richards

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
We've already seen Micah perform at a high level at both CB & RB though.

Have we though Ted? Or did he just stand out for a little while amongst the rest of the shite we had at the time?

I think he's had his chance to prove himself and has fallen way short

Get rid I say

We're forgetting how good he was because of his extended shit period imo. He was outstanding at Rb & then outstanding at CB but then got 'too big for his boots'. that was after being given an England place & rumoured £20M Spurs bids. At the time City fans were gutted at the idea of getting £20M for him, so he must have been doing something right!

I don't see what we gain by dumping him at this point. Zabba wouldn't stop Bale & Crouch, neither would Wayne Bridge. Mich has more to work with as a defender than either of those 2 & they got squad places. He shouldn't be trusted in big games though, unless someone is put there specifically to help him.

We gain a key place in te team that can be filled by someone of the right quality for 2010/11 rather than 2005/06 - and a squad player that could monitored if (against all personal expectation) he finds where he mislaid that potential he used to have

He may find it again - but we can not afford to having him fuck our 1st team whilst he is looking
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 am

mcfc1632 wrote:He may find it again - but we can not afford to having him fuck our 1st team whilst he is looking

I don't think he could find his talent with the Hubble Telescope
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Murph » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 am

Micah hasn't progressed as well as we would have liked but will hopefully knuckle down. learn to defend a bit better and become a good squad player, we are going to need guys to step into the team when needed and (touch wood) won't rock the boat when they aren't playing. I wouldn't have thought he'd play a huge role this season unless we get lots of injuries. I reckon Boateng will nail down right back slot as soon as he's fit, and Micah will have to fight it out with Zabba, Lescott and Boyata when defensive opportunities arise on the right or in the middle.
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fucl do you think you're talking to?"
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 pm

What short memories some of you have.

When Sven put micah in the middle, he had about 8 lucky games where him and Dunne looked good. After that, it was total horror show, he just ball watched for the next 30 games.

I could have played off Richards, he never stuck to his man, never anticipated, stood still marking thin air.

He is not good enough to be a centre back, and not good enough to be a dominating right back. I hope we are only playing him because Boateng is injured.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:He may find it again - but we can not afford to having him fuck our 1st team whilst he is looking

I don't think he could find his talent with the Hubble Telescope

I was just being sensitive to those that think him / best / sliced bread fit into a sentence
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

I think one of the problems is that when you have a kid coming through the ranks they usually learn from the experienced player already occupying that spot in the first team. If Chelsea have got an up and coming kid playing LB I'm sure he'll do well learning from Ashley Cole and it will improve his game. But who have we had as right back over the years? I actually can't think of one good player that he's had the opportunity to learn through.
Saying that though it seems like he's believed his own hype the past few years and failed to knuckle down and work hard. The hands in pockets thing pisses me off as much as the next City fan. He's lucky he's still in the squad and hasn't been loaned/sold this summer but Bobby clearly sees somthing in him.

Only time will tell.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Grob » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Simply, i think we are starting to come to terms with the fact that Micah just isnt football savvy enough. The lack of effort tracking back, the constant lapses in concentration, the lack positional instinct,

This has been happening ever since Sven joined the club, that was 3 years ago.

This season is probably Richards last chance here.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:57 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Micah has played lots of games but he's still very much a kid. If he's as bad in 2 years then it's unlikely he'll make it at the top level but dumping him before then would be as much an error as claiming Wes Brown as a worldbeater at the same age. Defenders mature later.

On Saturday, he was up against Bale during free play & Crouch at set pieces. If Sagna or Gibbs or Rafael or even Ashley Cole or Evra was given both those jobs, even if he stopped one, he'd get totally fucked up the arse by the other. Similarly if you asked Kompany (or Dunne) to mark Bale he'd be torn a new arsehole. The fact that Mancini thought Micah could do both jobs shows exactly why we need to cut Micah some slack.

Micah will eventually be a CB anyway not a fullback.

(Ned btw can't head the ball & was responsible for both Birmingham goals. If Bruce can't improve him at that, he won't come back.)

I agree Ted, Bale is actually quite fucking good.

Micah was ripped a new one on Saturday, by an astonishingly good Bale. First half only, Micah had a good 2nd half. I don't rate Micah anymore, but he was much better after the break. Either he adjusted, Mancini got him straight or Bale tired. All said, Boateng looks twice as good. at least!
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:30 am

Dont see why people are on Micah's back so much.He is doing ok in my book.And we drew agaist spuds which means our guys at the back did their jobs.He stopped Bale making an assist and kept him down to a shot against the post being the closest he got and that's not bad going in my book.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby superkev8705 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 am

Hel be up against that Jovanovic on Monday. He didnt look bad against Arsenal. Another big test for him. Not bad as a backup player for me but shouldnt be starting
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 am

superkev8705 wrote:Hel be up against that Jovanovic on Monday. He didnt look bad against Arsenal. Another big test for him. Not bad as a backup player for me but shouldnt be starting

Should Micah play - and I hope not - I dont think a free transfer from Liege will bother him like Bale did. Liverpool fans are getting all excited about very average, bargain-basement players.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum