Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah Richards

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Thought whilst the board is talking about defenders...

I'm sick to the teeth of people telling me about 'potential' and how he will come good

The guy is blatantly the weak link in our side and we need to get rid before people from outside the club see through him...because it looks like they are catching on with spurs singling him out against Bale

Mark my words he will cost us valuable points this season if and when he plays

I genuinely don't know how any City fan can stand up and defend the lad...he's bobbins...can see him playing maybe for your Wigans/Sunderlands

But do you really think he's a top 4 defender?!?!

You're having a laugh
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Micah Richards

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Thought whilst the board is talking about defenders...

I'm sick to the teeth of people telling me about 'potential' and how he will come good

The guy is blatantly the weak link in our side and we need to get rid before people from outside the club see through him...because it looks like they are catching on with spurs singling him out against Bale

Mark my words he will cost us valuable points this season if and when he plays

I genuinely don't know how any City fan can stand up and defend the lad...he's bobbins...can see him playing maybe for your Wigans/Sunderlands

But do you really think he's a top 4 defender?!?!

You're having a laugh

Well.....just for balance - I will tell you that he is dire - been shite for years - and has absolutely no potential for our 1st team level
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 am

we got rid of the wrong backup right back imo - Richards should be in a sunderland shirt and onuah should have played
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 am

Everyone in the prem sussed Richards out 2 seasons ago, and continue to put pressure on him. Other clubs know he is the weak link.

Strange though that lots of people were bigging him up so much in pre-season.

Is he another one of those full backs who is only good and going fwd??? No not really because he isnt very good at the final ball, or any consistent trickery to beat a man.

He would fit in at Sunderland or Wigan or back up for us, which is probably exactly what he will be once Boateng is fit.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 am

Wooders wrote:we got rid of the wrong backup right back imo - Richards should be in a sunderland shirt and onuah should have played

Yes sir. You are quite right.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 am

i still think he'll make a far better centre back than full back, he hasnt got good enough ball control to bomb up the wing. He needs to up his concentration levels and get his positioning sorted.

you dont have a season like he did under sven by pure luck. he needs to lose some muscle as well, he is massive.

i dont think he will be around much longer though
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blue wine » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:we got rid of the wrong backup right back imo - Richards should be in a sunderland shirt and onuah should have played

Yes sir. You are quite right.

i dont agree.. I do think ned is the better defender (was my fav player), but after bitching on soccer am about the club! Im glad that ned is gone now, dont care how good a player is never say a bad thing about my club! And i think micah is only back up for boateng this season..i can see him leaving to next year if he dosnt improve.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:04 am

I couldn't agree more about Micah Richards, who is by now an experienced Premiership player but he doesn't learn or improve. You look at the basic skills required of a fullback like positional skill, ability to stop crosses, good distribution and ability to cross and he doesn't begin to compete. Whats more he lumbers back from forward sorties as though he is on an afternoon stroll and is prone to give away fouls by holding and pushing which also indicates he hasn't got a lot up top. If we could get the best part of £10million for him it would be the deal of the season as he is no better than such as Titus Bramble. As someone else said why did we loan out Nedum - an intelligent player that has never let us down - rather than Micah? At least it was just a loan and at least we have two alternatives to Micah at right back - Zabaleta and Boateng. Just hope Mancini doesn't play Micah too often, its not good for my blood pressure.
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 am

Nijinsky the Elder wrote:he is no better than such as Titus Bramble.

Funnily enough...that's just who I was thinking he reminds me of!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 am

Micah has played lots of games but he's still very much a kid. If he's as bad in 2 years then it's unlikely he'll make it at the top level but dumping him before then would be as much an error as claiming Wes Brown as a worldbeater at the same age. Defenders mature later.

On Saturday, he was up against Bale during free play & Crouch at set pieces. If Sagna or Gibbs or Rafael or even Ashley Cole or Evra was given both those jobs, even if he stopped one, he'd get totally fucked up the arse by the other. Similarly if you asked Kompany (or Dunne) to mark Bale he'd be torn a new arsehole. The fact that Mancini thought Micah could do both jobs shows exactly why we need to cut Micah some slack.

Micah will eventually be a CB anyway not a fullback.

(Ned btw can't head the ball & was responsible for both Birmingham goals. If Bruce can't improve him at that, he won't come back.)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Micah has played lots of games but he's still very much a kid. If he's as bad in 2 years then it's unlikely he'll make it at the top level but dumping him before then would be as much an error as claiming Wes Brown as a worldbeater at the same age. Defenders mature later.

On Saturday, he was up against Bale during free play & Crouch at set pieces. If Sagna or Gibbs or Rafael or even Ashley Cole or Evra was given both those jobs, even if he stopped one, he'd get totally fucked up the arse by the other. Similarly if you asked Kompany (or Dunne) to mark Bale he'd be torn a new arsehole. The fact that Mancini thought Micah could do both jobs shows exactly why we need to cut Micah some slack.

(Ned btw can't head the ball & was responsible for both Birmingham goals. If Bruce can't improve him at that, he won't come back.)

I agree Ted, Bale is actually quite fucking good.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Micah has played lots of games but he's still very much a kid. If he's as bad in 2 years then it's unlikely he'll make it at the top level but dumping him before then would be as much an error as claiming Wes Brown as a worldbeater at the same age. Defenders mature later.

..... sounds all very sensible - if it was only this last game - but unfortunately it is the vast majority (IMO)
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

Like other people say here, Micah isn't evermore a young unexperienced player! He must improve if he wish deserve to be a top class defender as he actually isn't! No matter who is Bale now, Micah showed last Saturday his useful lack of concentration, we need hard workers in squad, no more absent-minded people!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nijinsky the Elder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 am

Absolutely agree with the last post. He has been consistently of a lower standard than we should find acceptable and if we are truly to be the best team in the world - and that is our aim - the likes of Bale are not in the absolute top class and we have to have defenders that make Bale look ordinary. I don't think we should be judging Micah as if we were relegation fodder and a mediocre team. We should have pretentions to win the title and if so Micah doesn't really compare to that standard in my view.
Nijinsky the Elder
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 am

Totally agree..
sandman

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Can't defend. Better off with Lahm. :-)

Bobby keeps persevering with Richards for some reason. Think he'll be OK against the lesser teams (at home) to give Boateng chance to mend his poisoned legs now and again. Useless against anyone with anything about them!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 am

john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Can't defend. Better off with Lahm. :-)

Bobby keeps persevering with Richards for some reason. Think he'll be OK against the lesser teams (at home) to give Boateng chance to mend his poisoned legs now and again. Useless against anyone with anything about them!

We've already seen Micah perform at a high level at both CB & RB though. He lost it over recent times but he's already shown in the past that he can do it, so if he keeps working he should stand a good chance of getting it back. The thing is not to risk him in the big games unless/until he improves a lot, or we may pay for it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
We've already seen Micah perform at a high level at both CB & RB though.

Have we though Ted? Or did he just stand out for a little while amongst the rest of the shite we had at the time?

I think he's had his chance to prove himself and has fallen way short

Get rid I say
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Have we though Ted? Or did he just stand out for a little while amongst the rest of the shite we had at the time?

Get rid I say

I am with you all the way.

We are on the cusp of change - lots of fans still hanker for the old / comfortable 'typical city' - loved by all - every ones second club etc - whilst of course they do want the status our new position gives us - and do win things

The old adage about omelettes and eggs comes to mind

The players that were there in 2008/09 had a wonderful chance to get themselves set for life by big performances before the spending started - and they largely failed - I was really shocked that only Stevie seemed to seize the opportunity

The players that were there last season equally have had the chance - and a lot of them have failed - or 'have not been special' - they cannot complain if we bring in fresh talent - they know what we are about - and just OK is not good enough - and ffs they get paid very well to suffer a bit if disappointment - and to be frank we fans should be allowed to expect a lot more effort to win a place rather than all the girlie whining we actually do get

Last year Ireland has had his chance and he was not able to step up - Micah has just shown that he does not have even the potential

It seems that with some players it is all give from the club - they want big wages - special treatment - and to be molly coddled - aw didums - the guys needs to grow a pair and fight for a position based on merit

We are not 'little CITY' any more - fans should recognise that
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Get rid I say

We're forgetting how good he was because of his extended shit period imo. He was outstanding at Rb & then outstanding at CB but then got 'too big for his boots'. that was after being given an England place & rumoured £20M Spurs bids. At the time City fans were gutted at the idea of getting £20M for him, so he must have been doing something right!

I don't see what we gain by dumping him at this point. Zabba wouldn't stop Bale & Crouch, neither would Wayne Bridge. Mich has more to work with as a defender than either of those 2 & they got squad places. He shouldn't be trusted in big games though, unless someone is put there specifically to help him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum