Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 am

RAG: Honestly City will implode at this rate.

They can't keep a squad full of stars happy, there will always be a player on the bench who is not happy to be there. Their reserves will all be international players, who are still 2nd or 3rd choice and their job will be nothing less than benchwarming.

The road to success is having a hierarchy, that is why United have been so successful. For example, look at United's current squad; at the top of that hierarchy is Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Rooney and Ferdinand (in no particular order), then at the bottom of the hierarchy we have the reserves, who fight to move up the ladder.

In the middle are players like Fabio, Rafael, Park, O'Shea etc. Players who are not guaranteed a place in the starting 11 week in week out but are almost certainly on the bench and get a good lot of appearances each season.

What'll happen at City is that there will be no middle ground. No squad players. All the players will consider themselves at the very top (unless they are part of the pre-money Man City and/or youth). You'll have your Toures and Silvas, but you will also have players like Stephen Ireland and Craig Bellamy, who used to be guaranteed a first team spot but are now grumbling in the wings. This in turn will lead to a clash of egos and discord.

Shay Given is that accident waiting to happen. He is an excellent goalkeeper yet now it looks like his no. 1 shirt will be in jeopardy. He has openly stated that he will not be a benchwarmer for City and already you have disharmony, a few days before the season is due to begin.

Disharmony will lead to unhappiness within the team and in the worst case scenario there will be arguments between the players, as well as between the players and their manager.

So Blue Duck (I know you will read this), don't harp on at us saying that Dunne was deadwood you cut loose - if you want a squad of superstars you are heading for trouble, mark my words.

[strike]WAG[/strike] RAG OF THE DAY

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Tuesdays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Scatman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Completely agree with him
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 am

Scatman wrote:Completely agree with him

Thought it was a good post...I like to highlight sensible rags as well as mongs...it's a nice balance ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 am

Yeah, pretty balance view. Pink shades are so 1980's btw
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:12 am

I think the players who show unhappiness will be discarded either now or in Jan. The rags used to taunt us with the quality of players who couldn't get in their team, back in the days when they could afford to buy everybody. Now it's a problem?

It's only a problem for players who either aren't good enough or aren't wanted by the manager. The rest wil settle into becoming the best squad in the PL & probably win it next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 am

I don't understand the part about Given - it's not like we have signed another top goal keeper, Hart was here before he signed.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 pm

i agree with this rag.that's why it's also a sensible move to swap ireland for milner. this situation was forced upon irelandk, whereas milner knows what he is getting himself in to.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Return to The Maine Football forum